TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @ChattyCrafty~ woooohooooo!! Love the revelation! When doing “events” I have a mini-cooler. It’s actually from AARP—hahaha. It appears to be a purse/bag. It has an outside pocket for phone, etc. And then has the thermal on the inside to put a water bottle, a snack, and a small ice pack. It fits over your shoulder like a purse. I don’t go far without a snack and 160z. of water. Those good habits have stuck with me for many years. Only 25# is better than a gain or only losing 7.5#. You are doing great.

@Fitgirllife72~ Great Thursday check-in!

@Tomkinsone ~ Great Friday check-in. How was the workout w/trainer?

@lovethyneighbor ~ You lost!! Yes.. own it! 

@MaelynMayhem ~ Wow! Great Friday post! Hope your Saturday went as well.

@j0d13mcc ~ you can do it! - plan 18th, get the promotion, and round that corner of exercise.

@Allyanne1- <<hugs>> How can we help? What one old habit can you work on this week to turn back into a good one? Sometimes its easier to focus on one, it’s less overwhelming.

@ala155 – Woooohooooo! Nice loss.

Had to do a quick check-in. Hubby is stretching his back (taking a nap- LOL) and I am staying positive and getting ready to do something constructive but needed to let the food settle in my belly and avoid the kitchen. Thanks for letting me chat!
  • Chubbyone123
    Chubbyone123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Username: Chubbyone123
    Week: April Week 1
    PW = 198.4
    CW= 197.4
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 4/6 (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories:Yes, Goal:1500/Actual: 1052 (a little low)
    Exercise:Yes, Zombies, Run! Week 1, Day 3 of couch to 5K; Zombies Run (Forgot the episode name, sorry) plus an additional 20 minutes walking for an hour total; walking during commercials of Svengoolie
    Goals: Stay on target, and complete week 1, for tomorrow is likely going to be primarily a rest day as the community room is closed and it will be raining.
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: Chubbyone123
    Week: April Week 1
    PW = 198.4
    CW= 197.4

woooohoooo
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post: 4/6 (Saturday)

Calories:Yes, Goal:1500/Actual: 1052 (a little low)
    Exercise:Yes, Zombies, Run! Week 1, Day 3 of couch to 5K; Zombies Run (Forgot the episode name, sorry) plus an additional 20 minutes walking for an hour total; walking during commercials of Svengoolie
    Goals: Stay on target, and complete week 1, for tomorrow is likely going to be primarily a rest day as the community room is closed and it will be raining.

Good day!!! Maybe there will be a break in the rain for a little walk.
  • johicks
    Options
    Another long post. I had a great day! Tomorrow is weigh-in and reward day.
    Daily Post (Saturday 4/06)
    Calories: Yes (under 164)
    Exercise: Yes 65 mins
    15m am exercise: carrying water jugs one at a time from the car into the house.
    Stretched outside on the deck while the dog was doing his business and securing the perimeter of the fence. LOL
    20m dancing while cleaning
    20m walk outside
    10m floor stretches

Daily Goals: ACHIEVED! 5 personal points~ for mindset with morning affirmations and improve my night routine/habits to stop after dinner binges. Now the KITCHEN IS CLOSED. Teeth brushed. And in bed.

Hubby and I had some QT watching a mid-morning movie together and at that time of the day popcorn doesn’t seem to be needed. Hmmmm. Funny, huh!?? Unless it was because I just ate my morning snack. Then we went grocery shopping for what we needed for dinner and for a secondary meal based on sale items. Greens bought: salad mix, zucchini, and fresh green beans. He wanted brats got dinner, so I compromised and gave in. Fortunately part of my planning today left a large number of calories available not knowing what he wanted to do today. So I was able to eat the brats with a side salad and fresh green beans for my crunch. I planned easy-go-to snacks for mid-day (I am loving my pickled eggs!!) And am also learning that peanut butter can be enjoyed in moderation ~ a ½ T or 1T at a time. I just have to use the measuring spoons, not the spoons from the silverware drawer. And dip once, even it out, then lick it like a lollipop! Ha!! Weekends are hard for me to plan food because he & I don’t have the same eating schedule and there is no structure to the day. We did well to accommodate one another. And he is grilling more now, too! AND he said, “since I have the grill out what else can I cook?” So we are going to start pulling out two proteins to have something always ready to go!! This will help us both. And he didn’t by bread at the store. Yeah!!. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Not too worried about the scale, need to stay focused to stay in track to avoid a “cheat day.”
    MAJOR accomplishment~ hubby.lines to make a second trip to store and it infuriates me, so much so I'm sure my blood pressure skyrockets. Tonight I had a plan and was excited to implement it… I went for a walk! Even in the rain, I felt so much better than stomping around mad. I have food addiction, he has others. None are healthy. All I can do is control me, my thoughts, and my actions. Goodnight!

• Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m behind on posting. My daughters 13th birthday is today 😀

Friday 4/5
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: Yes Cardio Core Remix

Saturday 4/6
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: yes 21 DF Dirty Dozen
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    T.G.I.F.
    The weekend topic of discussion- Rewards & NSV:
    How do you stay focused after a month or two?
    Do you reward yourself or treat yourself when you reach a goal or accomplishment?
    What are those treats or rewards?
    What Non Scale Victories (NSV) have you seen?
    What NSV goals have you set-up for yourself?

t11sasjxnbgt.jpg

I think In short I’ve been really lucky to see continued results since I started in January so I haven’t needed to motivate myself too much. I’ve lost 12kg since January with 20kg more to lose so I’m expecting to plateau in there somewhere. So far though 30-60 minutes of exercise (making sure my bpm goes over 165-180) per day, under 1500 calories and plenty of water. I think following calories means I can eat what I want so I still have treats as long as they’re balanced. I am also more mindful of how much things cost me so if I’ve tracked well
    All week and stayed within my healthy ranges of eating and exercise, I can use my left over budget for a really beautiful vanilla cheesecake or cream cake - both of which I have found for 150 calories! Boom!

I also find that because I’m counting calories rather than following a fad diet, I’m eating properly. So sometimes I just opt for the higher calorie option because I really love food. My treat is to enjoy my food every day. For example. I love goat cheese salad so I spend my calories wisely, I use my calories on beautiful goats cheese from the deli, top shelf olive oil and my favourite nuts. Everything else is fresh salad, but really fresh from the garden if I can get it. That might be 300-500 calories depending on size but I’ve invested that in 3 things that I love and really enjoyed it rather than having a full plate of rubbish store bought stuff that I moderately like. Also, if I go to that steak restaurant and want that steak I love. I have it with a plate full of vegetables and exercise more to compensate for any calories over.

NSV: More energy with my kids and then seeing that
    How healthy I feel
    People commenting on how healthy I look
    New clothes
    General health improvements and fitness improvements in the gym

• johicks
    Options
    Username: johicks
    Week: April Week 2 (4/07)
    PW: 263.6
    CW: 261.2

It's REWARD DAY!! Catch up later.... hubby is up and we watch CBS Sunday morning together.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Username: MaelynMayhem
    Week: April Week 2 (4/07)
    PW:284.6
    CW: 279.0
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: April Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW =140.2
    CW=139.2

I joined a gym this week! I was stalled in my weight loss and decided I needed to shake it up. I really don’t love working out so this is a BIG STEP for me. My goal’s to go 3x’s a week. Finally my scale moved. I have so many aches from using the resistance machines from only going to the gym 2 days, but I’ll hopefully get in the groove.
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: (April 6)

Track: no
    Calories: No; goal 1370, food not tracked.
    Exercise: yes, met with trainer in morning, did cardio and weights.
    Goals/Day: had a concert to go to last night, I mentally took the night off. I am paying for it today in many different ways, but I’m not upset with myself for it. I was mindful of what I was doing and how I would feel today. Lost 2 pounds this week but regained them. Every day is a new day to make changes and get back on the horse. I will be drinking a lot of water and probably do some yoga today.

Username: Tomkinsone
    PW = 162.4
    CW= 162.4
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER @Porkchopsandapple. - 3.12%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

April Week 1 is now in the books!

Week 1 of a new month is always a great time for a reset and recommittment, great job everyone!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Porkchopsandapple. - 3.12%
    2nd - @dillyg08. - 3.09%
    3rd - @DeshotelK. - 2.86%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.87%
    2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.62%
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 0.61%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Tracie_Lord. - 2.06%
    2nd - @karrihowlett. - 1.68%
    3rd - @jlbtnc. - 1.34%

The Slimsons
    1st - @DeshotelK. - 2.86%
    2nd - @CindyJNC1963. - 2.74%
    3rd - @gemwolf110. - 2.58%

Gutbusters
    1st - @looneycatblue. - 2.19%
    2nd - @forbes_melissa. - 2.17%
    3rd - @ingalynn. - 2.05%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @dillyg08. - 3.09%
    2nd - @FitGirlLife72. - 2.77%
    3rd - @maejestique. - 1.80%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @Porkchopsandapple. - 3.12%
    2nd - @Toomuchchocolate88. - 2.42%
    3rd - @13ecca4. - 1.84%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @gjaholy33. - 7.5 lbs.
    2nd - @Porkchopsandapple. - 6.4 lbs.
    3rd - @Toomuchchocolate88. - 6.2 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 23.8 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 60.3 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 35.5 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 37.5 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 22.3 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 179.4 lbs

Congrats everyone on a great week 1 😁
  • tlgale
    Options
    Great job on the daily posts last week guys, we had more people participate than any other I've seen!!! 😀👍

@j0d13mcc, @johicks, @MaelynMayhem, @Fitgirllife72 and @Tomkinsone with 7 days posted!
    @LilyGrace with 5 days posted!
    @Toyota100 and @ChattyCrafty with 4 days posted!
    @jwall309 with 2 days posted!
    @JammyPea with 1 day posted!!
  • tlgale
    Options
    What do you guys do to get yourselves back on the wagon??? I'm so far gone at this point that I'm actually making excuses to eat 😞
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    Username: J0d13mcc
    Sunday 7th April 2019
    PW =189.3
    CW=186.07
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    Hi guys! looking forward to continue on with this! I managed a 14.4lb weight loss last month, hoping after last week's maintain I can look for a decent loss this week! I have been under my calorie goal for 35 days now! It's amazing what tracking can do :)

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go for a nice walk if the weather allows! Also planning on getting into the pool for a little swim friday with a friend...its been a loooooong time since i've been swimming!

I'm a big girl, and have a long way to go. I am not following a specific food plan, but I do go to Overeaters Anonymous, and have been binge-free for 5 months next monday! So I track my food and do the best I can every day :)

I am trying not to fixate on the physical recovery, and percentage weight loss is hard for me, because I am over 330lb so it doesn't look like I have lost much percentage wise, but weight wise I have, if that makes sense..... But, I'll just plod along one day, one meal at a time!

Looking forward to weigh in on wednesday already!!

Wow, this is really inspiring! Well done on last months loss and thanks for sharing your story. You’re not alone in you’re struggles, honestly I think we are all struggling in one way or another and find some comfort here. Keep going, it’s a long road but crickey you really have come such a long way. I’m rooting for you on Wednesday!
  • tlgale
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    What do you guys do to get yourselves back on the wagon??? I'm so far gone at this point that I'm actually making excuses to eat 😞

I’m sorry you are having a rough time getting back on the wagon. I spent two very long years trying to get back on the wagon and in January it finally clicked. Here are some things that finally got me motivated to take care of myself and get on track.

My health had plummeted. My blood pressure was high. I was in the overweight category for the second time in my entire life. I did the following things because I’m 47 and no longer have youth on my side to fix things like I used to.

1. Completely quit drinking. I am 91 days alcohol free today.
    2. Managed my anxiety by seeing a therapist and also seeing a psychiatrist.
    3. Found a workout program that actually made me excited. I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and am in my 4th round of 21 Day Fix. I adore the trainer and love working out now.
    4. My eating was horrible. I mean way off. So I decided to try the eating plan that goes with 21 Day Fix. I am 15 weeks into it and feel amazing. I love eating healthy foods now.
    5. I have clothes that are in a variety of sizes. When I have felt the urge to stray and go crazy with a binge I went upstairs, pulled out a pair of smaller pants I wanted to get back into and when I couldn’t get them up I said “nope” to the binge and reminded myself I most wanted to get back into those darn pants!

I think it comes down to finding something that excites you about the process. For me it was the fear of premature death from not taking proper care of my body and reminding myself my body is my most precious possession. In order to do that I found a fitness program that really excited me. It’s an individual thing but that is what worked for me.

So it sounds cliche but finding your why and what excites you about the process may help 🤗

@Fitgirllife72 Congrats on being alcohol free for 91 days!! That's a huge accomplishment!
    Maybe I should go talk to someone and see what's going on...I've never done that before. I'm more of a figure it out on my own and do it alone type, but that's not working anymore. The first half of last year I did great and lost 60 lbs and my head was in the right place. Now my mind is all over the place and I've gained back 10 lbs. I know the reason's I SHOULD stick with it...I have high blood pressure and knee pain...but even thinking of those isn't helping these days. Working out isn't really an issue for me..I'll go to the gym 4 days a week and do water aerobics 3 days (as long as my son's not home sick) But my eating is just horrible! I literally want junk food and take out all day long! And I feel worse after eating it 😢🤢
    Thanks for your response and your suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.