WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    HEY TEAM WAIST AWAYS
    CAN YOU GATHER YOU SUNDAY AND MONDAY STATS AND POST THEM HERE AND WE CAN CATCH UP THE SPREAD SHEET
    I KNOW I AM PAIN IN THE TUSH, WHAT I CAN SAY SOMETIMES IT'S THE WAY I ROLL
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE
    GREG

Everything is on the scoresheet, all done for you! You can get off your tush for five minutes. :smile:

Yo, team - if you want to backdate to Sunday, give me some numbers and we can count it too if you want. I don't have anything much since Sunday was a rest day...
  • jugar
    Options
    cl2pv7gafql5.png

How far did everyone walk last week? You have been dying to know, I'm sure!

Top 3 steppers March 31 - April 6:
    @reflectionofme - 120,011 steps / 100 km / 62 miles
    @sue_01 - 101,113 steps / 84 km / 52 miles
    @Kittu125 - 95,562 / 80 km / 49.7 miles

Put up those tired feet! Then keep on stepping - and posting! Still missing some from @Blackbeautysue

Total for the week:
    831,432 steps / 693 km / 430.6 miles WOW

The team could have walked from Timbuktu to Bamako in Mali. I always wanted to go to Timbuktu, so maybe you could have walked from Bamako to Timbuktu. :p
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn
    PW: 188
    CW: 189

Still struggling to stay focused
  • jugar
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn
    PW: 188
    CW: 189

Still struggling to stay focused

If it was easy, everyone would be fit and at a perfect BMI. If you have time, come on to the chat more often and share what's happening, read what some other people are up to, get some ideas - and have our voices in your head when choosing to just sit or to eat something you'll regret. It helps to connect.

Speaking of which, we have one person needing a buddy in the cross-team buddy system we are just setting up. There is a person who has about 20 pounds left to lose, is quite active, lives in Eastern Australia. Would you or anyone else be interested in being her buddy? Even if you have different weight goals, sometimes buddying with someone who has successfully gotten to within 20 pound of goal can be helpful. Time zones might be an issue, but if you don't mind not having instant access except at odd times, you can check each other's diet and exercise diaries, share tips, books, videos - it could help you get out of a stuck place. Let me know!
  • jugar
    Options
    OK, lemons to lemonade. Canadian Edition.

It has been snowing and icing off and on for 2 days. It is cold and grey. SO, I'm extending the snowshoeing season. It is cold enough that the snow won't be too mushy, and the wet places will be frozen. I thought snowshoeing was over, but today I'M GOING. That will be my triple for the baseball game for today!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    @jugar I feel for ya...but Edmonton is almost snow free. Temps up and raining today! I LOVE it!

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit Challengers!

Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that Mari ( @mari_moulin ) has stepped down and away from the group again for a bit of quality life time with her family and such... Knowing Mari - I am sure she is in and out of the group all the time and I am positive she will be around to help us anytime we need it...

In the meantime, I have asked @jugar if she would be interested in becoming a moderator and helping us to run the group. Liselyn had mentioned to Becky that she was interested in doing more with the group and I know she has been doing great as a team captain... Liselyn has accepted and is now the groups newest Group Moderator. Please take a minute to say hi and congratulate her on her well deserved promotion... Please remember, these are not paid positions, everything she does - she is doing for all of us! Thank you Liselyn - for stepping up and working to help everyone in the Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge!

Steve - Group Owner

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    UserID: fourathomej
    Weigh in: Wed
    PW: 149.4
    CW: 149

Turtling along...
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    User name Offitgoes
    Weigh in day Wed 2nd week
    PW 177.2
    CW: 176.4
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been working hard this week with my food intake and exercise. I am determined to see that scale go down! Y’all are great with the support.

Tonight at church we are having a fish fry so I plan on getting my portion, eating and walking away!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    WOW everyone is doing sooooo well on the baseball!

We are a support group as well as a challenge. So let us know what we can help you cope with / strategize about / work around / re-frame. What ever you need help about - however you need it.

Tomorrow is TH .... Thursday.

One of the recurring TH's from our list is "Threat" - let us know what has been threatening or interfering with your progress lately - Let's all pitch in and help defuse each others' threats. OR at least provide an attentive ear.

If things have been going well for you lately, what was a PAST threat that you overcame? What different advice/suggestions did you receive? (even if they weren't a good fit for you, they might be a fit for someone else) What ultimately got you through and put that threat in the past?
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    WOW everyone is doing sooooo well on the baseball!

We are a support group as well as a challenge. So let us know what we can help you cope with / strategize about / work around / re-frame. What ever you need help about - however you need it.

Tomorrow is TH .... Thursday.

One of the recurring TH's from our list is "Threat" - let us know what has been threatening or interfering with your progress lately - Let's all pitch in and help defuse each others' threats. OR at least provide an attentive ear.

If things have been going well for you lately, what was a PAST threat that you overcame? What different advice/suggestions did you receive? (even if they weren't a good fit for you, they might be a fit for someone else) What ultimately got you through and put that threat in the past?

The baseball is really helping me get out of a tendency to slump after a few days of enthusiasm - I haven't exercised this hard in ages! It is not only the time, but the intensity.

My main threat is exactly that. it is so easy to just let things get easy. I can spend hours sitting, working away on some projects or another, keeping up with all kinds of things, but not moving. Then it gets easy to just have something to eat when trying to put off some task I don't want to do. Then it is easy to just sit and while away time doing nothing much. Then eating some more. I KNOW how much better I feel when my exercise levels are increasing, my strength is progressing, just walking down the stairs is a pleasure when the muscles are balanced and strong. I KNOW how much better I feel when eating the way I have finally learned works best for me. But then easy comes along. Less intense workouts, etc. What works for me are groups like these, with games, accountability, other peoples' ideas and ways to fix things. Before MFP I got a book called The Game On Diet. It made getting in shape with others really fun. Just a small group, but some serious accountability. Then that became difficult to sustain, and work was crazy. Online groups, even if I fizzled in them after a while, helped. The hardest part was real honesty in logging and sticking with a group. But gradually I find that my "easy" periods are shorter. I get up and make them go away. With the help of my friends like you! Thanks!
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BASEBALL WEDNESDAY - we got 10 runs yesterday. How are we doing today? We start the day with @fourathomej on 2nd base.

1. @jugar - 60 minutes snowshoeing, 11,536 steps = 1 double + 1 triple (1 run and I'm on 1st)
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    BASEBALL WEDNESDAY - we got 10 runs yesterday. How are we doing today? We start the day with @fourathomej on 2nd base.

1. @jugar - 60 minutes snowshoeing, 11,536 steps = 1 double + 1 triple (1 run and I'm on 1st)
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01- 13,199 48 mins, double
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    Options
    Steps 4/10 13,199
  • sue_01
    Options
    I have been working hard on my food choices, it was my grand daughters birthday yesterday , I only ate half of my dinner, and we had ice cream cake I had a small piece. I watched my food choices during the day time eating more vegetables. Saturday -afternoon luncheon, and then family dinner for my grand daughter (birthday). I better get a home run tomorrow!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »

2. @jlbtnc
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

Hey great going everyone. Here are my numbers for today.

24k steps plus 60 mins walk/run - sprints and 50 mins Zumba.
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »

2. @jlbtnc
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125 - 60 + 50 minutes, 24,000 steps = triple+double+HR
    6. @fourathomej

@sue_01 - is the 48 minutes workout time? If so, you have a double double!
  • jugar
    Options
    STEPPERS!

Go check out the beautiful post on Mission Slimpossibles team chat page 14
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735630/mission-slimpossibles-april-2019/p14

They are adding up all their steps and doing a virtual hike of the entire Appalachian Trail. There are some beautiful photos. I am seriously impressed with such a beautiful way to "translate" those thousands of steps into a hike like that. Have a look - and maybe we could pick a different trail and see how far the team goes.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have 93 active minutes from work in the garden.

Steps as of now 8,014
This discussion has been closed.