• martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/15~7,759
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Beautiful snow here this morning. My husband wished me Merry Christmas. Just when we thought it might finally be on the way out...

OK enough griping! Stay tuned for the baseball MVP awards!
  • jugar
    Options
    It is time at last for the BASEBALL Most Valuable Player Awards

At last the decisions are in - and each team has one player who has racked up the highest number of bases, who was there every day making sure the team succeeds, and who clearly showed the spirit and commitment that gets everyone standing up and cheering.

The Team Waistaways MVP for the first week of baseball is @fourathomej WAY TO GO JANICE! You have been amazing and the whole team thanks you. We made 62 runs and could not have done it without you.

xbdifrp9x2nf.jpg

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    April 16 - 12,904.

Sorry I missed "baseball". It must have launched while I was in Dallas. I couldn't find the original post starting the activity but I'll jump in and join the next one.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,246 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Awwwww...Thank you!! That is so cute :D I have to admit it's motivating and I'm having fun...

4/15
    STEPS: 13212
    BodyPump 60 minutes + run/walk 60 minutes + yoga 30 minutes
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    I was traveling yesterday and couldn’t post.

Here are my steps yesterday 4/15- 12617
    60 minutes walking and 30 minutes weight training
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It is time at last for the BASEBALL Most Valuable Player Awards

At last the decisions are in - and each team has one player who has racked up the highest number of bases, who was there every day making sure the team succeeds, and who clearly showed the spirit and commitment that gets everyone standing up and cheering.

The Team Waistaways MVP for the first week of baseball is @fourathomej WAY TO GO JANICE! You have been amazing and the whole team thanks you. We made 62 runs and could not have done it without you.

xbdifrp9x2nf.jpg

Awesome ... congratulations @fourathomej . You rocked the baseball game. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    This is motivation for all of us.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ...steps for 4/15/19

rs4xcun2bxsr.png
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    As promised ... here are my Four Circles (and repeat of instructions ... who else is going to put theirs Out Here?

A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?
    n2p6dwude4k1.png

• jugar
    Options
    Baseball catch up!

Monday 15 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes = triple
    2. @jlbtnc 40 minutes, 8269 steps = single single
    3. @sue_01 62 minutes, 15,207 steps = triple triple
    4. @BMcC9 60 + 30 minutes = triple single
    5. @Kittu125 60+30 minutes, 12,617 steps = triple single double
    6. @fourathomej 60+60+30, 13,212 steps = triple triple single double

Tuesday 16 April
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

Let me know where things are for today - thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm thinking hard about the four circles. I have two large projects that I will break down this way, but they are not related to weight and fitness. I feel like I have a good practice with those - It has been 7 years since losing 35 pounds, and I have stayed within a tolerable range for that time. When it rises up, as it did recently, I get much more strict with logging and find ways to inspire more intense activity. That's what these teams are for!

But other projects are hard to keep on the road. I retired, thinking that at long last I can get to MY stuff. But I also had a huge "management fatigue". At work I ran a lot of projects, did a lot of administrative work, applied for and managed grants, performances, recordings, etc. On top of teaching unruly university students and herding my colleagues as chair of the department. This fatigue has created a terrible spoiled brat who wants everything to be set up and organised FOR me. I don't want to anymore. But if I don't, it doesn't get done because now it really is MY stuff.

I really like the four circles, so I'm working on what has to go into the month, week, day so that they are both done this year. I'll post it soon!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 16 April
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-15,217 steps -61 mins triple, triple
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    Options
    The Team Waistaways MVP for the first week of baseball is @fourathomej WAY TO GO JANICE!
    Congratulations for all your hard work!
  • sue_01
    Options
    Steps- 4/16 15,217
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm thinking hard about the four circles. I have two large projects that I will break down this way, but they are not related to weight and fitness. I feel like I have a good practice with those - It has been 7 years since losing 35 pounds, and I have stayed within a tolerable range for that time. When it rises up, as it did recently, I get much more strict with logging and find ways to inspire more intense activity. That's what these teams are for!

But other projects are hard to keep on the road. I retired, thinking that at long last I can get to MY stuff. But I also had a huge "management fatigue". At work I ran a lot of projects, did a lot of administrative work, applied for and managed grants, performances, recordings, etc. On top of teaching unruly university students and herding my colleagues as chair of the department. This fatigue has created a terrible spoiled brat who wants everything to be set up and organised FOR me. I don't want to anymore. But if I don't, it doesn't get done because now it really is MY stuff.

I really like the four circles, so I'm working on what has to go into the month, week, day so that they are both done this year. I'll post it soon!

The system is certainly universal enough to be used for non-MFP goals. The same "Yard by yard - progress seems hard, Yet inch by inch, progressing's a cinch" always applies. Tiny bite-sized bits of daily progress mount up .... "little drops of water / little grains of sand / make a mighty ocean / and a pleasant land".

I plan to also apply it to my mending basket ...
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Baseball for Tuesday ...

10 minutes HIIT on bike; 45 minutes Core Cardio drills; 35 minutes on mini-trampoline (90 minutes total) and 4948 steps. Again not enough steps for baseball, but if you need them to fill in a blank spot in the Stepping Count ....
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm heading for bed with the beginnings of a cold. Hoping it will pass through without a trace - and the morning will be filled with your baseball wonders for today !
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Is anyone Friends with either @MrsRecinos0507 or @tdrjustus3 Could you let them know via the Wall that we are still waiting for their Week 3 weigh-ins? If they happen to be off-line for the moment, could you let me know?

@jugar ... is it ok if I send each a Private message? This would be a First NWI for each of them.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Head's Up for tomorrow - Wednesday Weigh-Ins:s
    @Fourathomej
    @karenesg
    @offitgoes
    @Perla4686

Wednesdays are also our "Why do we do this?" NSV reporting day.

To get us going ... I am continuing to improve on my Core Cardio (Latin Dancing) workout program. I am planing on repeating Wk 2 until I get the hang of the first 2 "classes" (one 40 minutes and the other 45 minutes) before moving on to new "classes".

There are even sections where I am "mis-stepping much closer now" than I was at first .... :D
This discussion has been closed.