Weigh In Mon 15th - Sun 21st April

tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

and for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,160 Member
    SW: 246.3 lbs (27 Feb 2017)
    GW: 146.3 lbs
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 225.0 lbs
    TW: 221.4 lbs
    Variance: -3.6 lbs
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Well done Chris - you are nailing it
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,160 Member
    Thanks...I have always found at the start, with a large amount of excess and excitement there are good gains. Please stick around later on when it may slow to a crushing crawl. :smile:
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    Morning fellow wobblers, trust your week has been full of joy (and restraint)

It is that time of the week again when thoughts turn to how to loose that extra lb or part thereof to the cruel mistress that is “madame scales” – (I just knew that extra cup of coffee was a mistake...)

Last week was dominated by my cold (still sniffing now, well trying not to as that is rather rude and annoying). I was also laid up on Tuesday with my back – ironically this was as a result of my monthly check up with the Chiropractor, “just a quick twist here” said with a kind smile and accompanied with some large popping noises, which I suspect caused the Richter scale to record the event as a minor quake but this was soon drowned out by a large gutteral yelp (well perhaps more than a “yelp” from me) and yup mobility was “restored” to levels not last seen since 1982.

Now, I am no expert but it felt like a whole 37 years done at once perhaps was not the best approach to take to this lack of mobility I generally exhibit and as a direct result that night I could not move so a day off in bed with me nursing the back and not wanting to move and “manflu” as well to boot and generally feeling very woeful but also quite nice with the 2 labs for company (they do take up a lot of room)

Ladies before you start you don’t get “manful” (hence the name), so you really can not know or appreciate just how bad it really is, and, (as you keep telling us) being the weaker sex we really suffer with it so be kind and humour us please. Upshot is I pretty much fasted that day so every cloud and all that…

Also a result of my new found “mobility”, which has been so good, not much (read bugger all) was going on in the exercise department last week, which given I have this 6k open water swim coming up might become problematic, hey ho a few months to go yet to get the distance in, what could possibly go wrong…

Anyway the results are in

And (this week in lbs)

SW 221
    GW 189
    LW 210 (15 stone 0 lbs)
    TW 208
    Lost so far 13lb (1lb to go for a stone)

So happy with that. Now under the 15 stone mark and counting down

Can I just say on a more serious note thank you for your support. I feel doing this and writing it down is really helping me do something once and for all about the shape I am in. I feel better about myself and the weight loss is being noticed by others. My 26 yr. old son (yikes how old am I now ?) did say I looked a lot thinner (I just mumbled and shuffled in a dad sort of way) but that was nice to hear

Still have the cold but hopefully on its way out now – perhaps a few headstands will finally flush (pardon the pun) it out

Stay safe everyone and good luck with your weigh ins and week ahead

Wobble

• tinkerbellang83
    Both doing a fab job! @wobblemcwobbleface @chris_in_cal
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    SW: 201lb (01 Jan 19)
    GW: 140lb
    LW: 176lb
    CW: 173.6lb (-2.4lb)
    OL: -27.4lb

This week included a 3-day diet break so I'm very happy (and also perplexed) with that number. I absolutely loved eating 2000 calories a day, but boy was it hard to get back on the wagon on Saturday.

Next goal: 173lb to make it a full 2 stone (28lb) lost. I'm rewarding myself by going to visit the Museum of English Rural Life in Reading. They're a small museum but are hilarious (and informative) to follow on Twitter and I've been meaning to go for ages.

Does anyone else do mini-goals and rewards? I find it most motivating when my next goal is between 2 and 4 lb away as I can expect to see it within a month. Thinking of rewards constantly is a bit of a challenge though.

@wobblemcwobbleface I'm very jealous of you having 2 labs. I've never had my own dog (*sob) but have had the privilege of walking/sitting/fostering various lovely hounds and I miss them all.

@chris_in_cal I've been amazed that my weight loss hasn't really slowed down yet. Maybe when I get closer to a healthy BMI.
  • tinkerbellang83
    SW: 201lb (01 Jan 19)
    GW: 140lb
    LW: 176lb
    CW: 173.6lb (-2.4lb)
    OL: -27.4lb

This week included a 3-day diet break so I'm very happy (and also perplexed) with that number. I absolutely loved eating 2000 calories a day, but boy was it hard to get back on the wagon on Saturday.

Next goal: 173lb to make it a full 2 stone (28lb) lost. I'm rewarding myself by going to visit the Museum of English Rural Life in Reading. They're a small museum but are hilarious (and informative) to follow on Twitter and I've been meaning to go for ages.

Does anyone else do mini-goals and rewards? I find it most motivating when my next goal is between 2 and 4 lb away as I can expect to see it within a month. Thinking of rewards constantly is a bit of a challenge though.

@wobblemcwobbleface I'm very jealous of you having 2 labs. I've never had my own dog (*sob) but have had the privilege of walking/sitting/fostering various lovely hounds and I miss them all.

@chris_in_cal I've been amazed that my weight loss hasn't really slowed down yet. Maybe when I get closer to a healthy BMI.

I do mini-goals too, I haven't hit any of them yet :lol: (pretty bad considering I set them last August) but I plan to once my logging break is over at the end of the month.

• wobblemcwobbleface
    @amskinner87

not sure how you do the blue hyperlink but yes having dogs is great , they are always there for you and are just so eager to please. You get to go out and you meet loads of people so are good socially as well as getting you out of the house to walk in all weather, so just get one - there are loads of dog walkers if you work.

Our 2 labs (the one in the picture is 12 in August and down to 1 eye now and lumpy and bumpy) he bumbles along so walking with him is more of a stroll really but nice in its own way. He has a number of the regulars on our morning walk wrapped around his finger (food and fuss). The other is 3 and she is very lively and funny (very bright) and despite my wife's best efforts is really my dog as she just follows me around. Great fun to walk and yomps can be done with her

Well done on your weight loss, sounds like you have done really well, I have not been to the museum of Reading. (Reading being that place with the dreadful oneway system, I think I drove round 3 times before I could work out the exit to leave) I have not thought about mini rewards but one to think about ...

W
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member

I have not been to the museum of Reading. (Reading being that place with the dreadful oneway system, I think I drove round 3 times before I could work out the exit to leave) I have not thought about mini rewards but one to think about ...

W

Lol, yeah Reading is not known for being a lovely tourist destination 😂😂😂
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    SW: 170lb (28th Nov 2018)
    TW: 150lbs (10th April 2019)
    GW: 126lbs

Total weight loss 20lbs
  • rachelatlas1
    rachelatlas1 Posts: 64 Member
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day but I am still plateau’d. It’s frustrating me. 3 Thursday’s in a row, I’m the same weight. I have increased my activity and kept under my calories goals consistently minus 1 day. I’m conscious what I’m eating and pick healthy options. But I step on the scale I’m a pound or two up, and then back to lowest and then back up.
    What do I need to do to get back to losing weight? It’s hard enough maintaining this lifestyle but with no loss in over 3 weeks it makes it feel pointless.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited April 2019
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day but I am still plateau’d. It’s frustrating me. 3 Thursday’s in a row, I’m the same weight. I have increased my activity and kept under my calories goals consistently minus 1 day. I’m conscious what I’m eating and pick healthy options. But I step on the scale I’m a pound or two up, and then back to lowest and then back up.
    What do I need to do to get back to losing weight? It’s hard enough maintaining this lifestyle but with no loss in over 3 weeks it makes it feel pointless.

@rachelatlas1
    You lost 2.4lbs on the weigh in on the 4th April, so that's only no loss in 2 weeks, weight loss isn't linear, you don't lose weight every week. Just because you don't see it on the scale doesn't mean it's not happening though, water weight can mask loss, and it will do this more as you get closer to goal.

You're in the last stretch, you really need to be patient now, you shouldn't expect to lose more than 2lbs per month.

To illustrate this better, here's your weigh in's since you started with us here, there's a pattern - could be easily explained by your period or ovulation but you hang for 2 weeks, then have a whoosh:

bvwec8z2w730.png

Do you use a trendweight app at all? Can help see past the water weight fluctuations - happyscale for iOS and Libra for Android are quite good.
  • rachelatlas1
    @tinkerbellang83 you are my saving grace today! Thank you for taking the time to find those stats and make suggestions for an app. I’m only using MFP and Garmin connect to track weight. I’m 7+ months in and have had really good success so seeing these stalls is HARD! Especially when I’m working this hard. But you have added the perspective I need, thank you! The 2lb a month expectation is helpful as I’ve been 5-6 lb a month consistently so I will adjust my expectations. I certainly hope a woosh is coming. Thank you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    @tinkerbellang83 you are my saving grace today! Thank you for taking the time to find those stats and make suggestions for an app. I’m only using MFP and Garmin connect to track weight. I’m 7+ months in and have had really good success so seeing these stalls is HARD! Especially when I’m working this hard. But you have added the perspective I need, thank you! The 2lb a month expectation is helpful as I’ve been 5-6 lb a month consistently so I will adjust my expectations. I certainly hope a woosh is coming. Thank you!

No problem at all, you're not the first one here, including myself who loses sight of the bigger picture and can get frustrated by the week-to-week changes.

Below is a decent guideline to rates of loss:

5pvjy7zng6gb.jpg
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    TW: 150lbs (17th April 2019)

Total weight loss 20lbs

Posted for the second time today as I forgot to amend the date to today

• rachelatlas1
    SW: 162 lbs
    GW: 113 lbs
    LW: 126.4 lbs
    TW: 126.2 lbs (-.2 lbs)
    OL: -35.8 lbs
  • caninetrix
    caninetrix Posts: 26 Member
    SW: 205.6 (7 March 2019)
    GW: 130
    LW: 201.8
    TW: 202.2
    OL: -3.4

This week (4/14-4/20) is a good but bad week for me. It's National Public Safety Dispatcher Week, which at my department means the firemen, officers, and us supervisors bring in lunch and goodies to reward/celebrate all of us. It's really nice to be appreciated, definitely. But it really tests my will-power. And lets just say, I've been celebrating all week. :s I didn't want to deprive myself but I didn't want to go crazy either. I've done my best to estimate on meals that I did not have nutrition guides for and tried to eat light and/or healthy when I got home. So, a gain of 0.4 is a win for me. Tomorrow it's the PD side providing food, Saturday I am off so will stay on my meal plan then. Next week I plan to see a loss again. :smile:
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    SW 208.6 lbs 2/10/18
    GW 150 lbs
    LW 192.1 lbs 03/20/19
    TW 192.7 lbs 04/19/19 (+.6)

Total weight loss: -15.9

My last weigh in was right after vacation and I've pretty much maintained where I was when I returned. I did look back at my weight from 1 year ago and oddly enough it was 192.7. I've been creeping up ever so slowly and trying to nip it before it gets out of hand. So time to get back at it I know what needs to be done.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    TW: 149lbs (24th April 2019)

Total weight loss 21lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    W (1st Dec 2016): 255.7lbs
    SW (1st Dec 2018): 229.3lbs
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 237.4lbs