Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    edited April 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 I have started lowering my carbs and so far so good :) How old are your kids? #1 is turing 13 and #2 is turning 11.

@LadyBlanks - Thank you <3 I have begun to use a weighing scale to double check my carb intake as I am hopeless in eyeballing anything..lol. I had a penpal from Reading, Pennsylvania when I was young.

@LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 Didn't know about electrolytes and low carbs. I can tell you it is NOT easy. My kids (turning 13 & turning 11 in 3 months time) are so hard to handle now compared to when they were young kids. They argue & fight like enemies but when they want something from us, they are the best of friends. Whoever told me that it gets easier when they are older, lied to me.

@Brendalea69 - Thank you <3

@wsandy8512 - Thank you <3 I am trying it slowly but surely :) So far, hubby is happy but watchful...lol

@SoulSisterSoulBrother - Thank you <3 I am slowly cutting down on chips and my favourite cinnamon bun. Its hard but slowly but surely..

Week 39
    CW: Didn't not weigh-in

Good evening OMADers!

This is my 2nd day trying to lower my carbs intake..OMG girls, its hard. My #1 showed me this picture and I just had to show you guys...this is so me...lol

9qnc5vv1rykp.jpg

Anyway, on Day 1, I tried to cut down on my rice intake. Hubby and I wanted to have Fish Curry with Wongbok and Okra and I cooked myself some buk choy veggies to ensure that I eat more veggies. As for rice, I took 1 bowl of rice and gave half of it to my hubby. I told him that I will be doing this every time I have carbs and he is ok with it :):+1: Since I cooked too much Fish Curry, I had it for 2 days...lol

Today’s Date: 16 & 17 April 2019
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 58kg
    Today’s Weight: Did NOT weight
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses (not enough)
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Nil
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - roughly 800. (1/2 bowl rice, fish curry with wongbok & okra, buk choy veggies with oyster sauce and garlic and finished it off with chocolate ice-cream)
    Thoughts : Even though its not low carb enough but at least I am trying. Don't dare to weigh myself though. Will keep trying till I find a comfy zone.

Was doing my laundry and my #2 asked me if the jeans are hers as she showed me that its just too big for her. She said that either she has shrunk or the jeans enlarge itself overnight....we laughed so hard and told her that she watched too many cartoons. I checked the label and saw that its size 10 and I told her that she should really check the labels before wearing as there's 2 women in the house...lol. Then, she casually said some of her friends are wearing size 10. I asked her how did she know that and she said that when they go swimming in school, its a norm for teachers to ask who's pants are these and they will read out the sizes. My hubby winked and whispered that I am NOT fat at all since #2 friends are also wearing size 10 pants. Thankfully, he whispered as my #2 has begun to feel sensitive over such issues.

What's my aim? To fit into jeans of Size 8. Currently, I can get into a size 10 jeans most of the time. Somehow, when it come to the tight fitting ones, I feel like I am going to explode. So, I stay away from those..lol

nrdza552jwa5.jpg

That's all for this post! Easter is just around the corner!

Have a wonderful Wed, you guys! <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing so awesome and the No carb meme was too funny and too true :) I am totally the same way!!! I have two boys, my oldest is 19 and my youngest is 11 (will be 12 in May)…..And yes ----it will get better......even with mine having a 8 year age difference at times they fought like 2 year olds ---but now they are the best of friends :)…..it will happen I promise!!!

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I can't wait for my boys to become the best of friends. They are 17 and 12 and they do things just to get on each other's nerves.
  • LadyBlanks
    I can't wait for my boys to become the best of friends. They are 17 and 12 and they do things just to get on each other's nerves.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm from Michigannnnnnnnnnnnn :)

Good luck with the low carb - I can handle it no problem short team, but longer spans of time, it's just not a viable option for me...rock and roll darling!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Great job cutting the carbs down some. If you gotta do it in baby steps, do whatever works for you and keeps everyone sane and happy :)
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 I really hope that one day my #1 & #2 will be best of friends and be there for each other.

@LadyBlanks - Sounds like my kids... lol. So hoping that the school holidays will be over tomorrow but they only starts school next Tue, 2erd and then get another PH as its ANZAC Day.

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 One of my cousins went to University of Michigan to do his Engineering. After finishing his studies, he got married and moved to NYC.

@LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 So far, everyone is still happy :)

Week 39
    CW: Didn't not weigh-in

Good evening OMADers :)

OMG, Easter is just around the corner and that means more eating, more drinking and more snacking. I really really hope that I will not fall off the wagon and roll into the fridge..lol
    Today has been a good day as I managed to say NO when my body was craving for more carbs! Mini steps...mini steps!

Hubby wanted something Thai today and we made Tom Yum Goong and I added fish slices, mushrooms, babycorns, wongbok, cauliflowers and celery. As usual, I gave half of my rice to my hubby and ate a lot of veggies and half of the fish slices to ensure that I am full. Thankfully, I didn't fall off the wagon when #1 & #2 kept tempting me with chips, twisties or fries with gravy.

Today’s Date: 18 April 2019
    Today’s Weight: Did NOT weight
    Today’s Water Consumed: 4 glasses (not enough)
    Hours slept: 7 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - roughly 1001. (1/2 bowl rice, homemade Tom Yum Goong with fish slices, cauliflower, celery, mushroom, babycorns and wongbok, 3 Arnotts Mint Slices and Ice Milo)
    Thoughts : Trying not to fall off the wagon :(

Hope that everyone will have a wonderful Thursday :)

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    It sounds like you have been staying strong in terms of temptations ---for me that is the hardest part because at times --I have like NO SELF-CONTROL :) so yay to you for doing so well!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice work avoiding temptations! I LOVEEEEEE TOM YUM GOONG!!! NOM NOM NOM

PS - Go Wolverines! I got my Master's from U of M :)
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you❤ I can tell you it's really hard😞 I love crunchy snacks and I am going to hunt for the veggies strips asap.

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you❤ I love a lot of Thai food..yummy😋 Wow, that's amazing. What a small world. I only studied in Down Under. Got my Bachelor's and my Master's here. Where else, dear old cousin of mine wanted to see the world and since he's the only son, his parents just sent him where he wanted to go. He loves NYC and said that he will never come back here...lol. His wife is from Michigan and he goes there whenever they can. He only came home 3x and his parents miss him so much. That's why they visit him every year.
  • jadepearl
    It's already 1.30am and I just can't sleep. It's 7°C now. Checking on my kid's and the are angels when they are asleep❤😇😍😘 I really hope I can sleep soon but somehow nothing is working. I think it nearly afternoon now at the US.

Are you guys working on Good Friday? It PH over here till Easter Monday. However, we will be working on Friday and Saturday and get an off day on Sunday and Monday.

I think I better go now...I am rattling rubbish😅😅😆

Good night💖💗💞
  • mistymeadows2005
    LOL yes it's almost Noon here :) I'd love to come visit!! NYC is fun, but I'd never want to live there - too fast paced for this hippie girl LOL

I'm working Friday AND Monday - no religious holidays in the mortgage industry :D:D:D
  • LadyBlanks
    I am working Friday but am off Monday only because it is my regular day off.
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2019
    @mistymeadows2005 - Really? Wow, didn't know that!!! :o Everything here is closed including our banks. Only certain food places are open.

@LadyBlanks - I see :) Over here, the majority of the working people are not working. We call it a long weekend PH... :lol:

Good evening OMADer!!!

I just checked my calendar and OMG! OMG! OMG! by tomorrow I will be in my Week 40 of OMAD and I have nothing much to show :( Quite a few friends of mine commented that I have been trying to "diet" since last July and till today, I still look pretty much the same and why do I even try since nothing is happening. I couldn't be bothered to argue with them but just told them that I think its a huge achievement as I was wearing size 14 last July and now I am wearing size 10, wishing them a Happy Easter and walked away. All that happened in our little mini mart in the morning :( I wish I can shout out loud like everyone else...." I have loss 40kg, I have loss 30kg, etc" However, I can only say I have loss 8kg so far. That's how my Good Friday went today :( My #1 was with me doing grocery shopping and I nearly died when I heard him saying quietly "Those little piece of *kitten*! Karma will come back to you!" I really had a talk with him in the car as I really do not like that behaviour from my #1 but he said that these women are nasty like *kitten* and no one can ever treat my Mama like that! That brought tears to my eyes as my darling son is so sweet but still...that behaviour is just ain't right.

Today’s Date: 19 April 2019
    Today’s Weight: 59kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - Stir-fry buk choy veggies, slice fish soup, 1/2 bowl rice and 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies.
    Thoughts : I know that I shouldn't eat any cookies but I just had to as I can feel that I am going to binge. Really hoping that I can loose some weight soon! My lowest was 58.5kg on 6 April 2019. For goodness sake, please let me find a formula which will work for my stubborn as a mule body!!!

Its going to a trying weekend for me....lots of eating, family outings, etc. Wish me luck!

Happy Easter everyone and stay safe!

uoybyglu7k8f.jpg

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Your friends should be cheering you on and not discouraging you. Sorry for this but WAY TO GO SON, he's very protective of his Mama <3 I hope OMAD starts working for you soon!!!
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2019
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you❤️. I think it I should explain more. These girls were my classmates but they are not like my BBFs. For us here in our little town with only 1 Primary School and 1 High School, everyone are just friends. I think everyone knows everyone. The skinny ones will always talk bad and put down those who are fatter and bigger size then them. It's really sad but in a small town like mine, it's norm. In bigger towns, people are just too busy with their own lives do this. Have a Happy Easter❤️🐰
  • mistymeadows2005
    I AGREE @Brendalea69 !!!! I'm "that mom" that has a hard time not laughing at the swearing if it's something like that (whatever, they'll survive LMAO) - in this case, ROCK ON LITTLE ONE! Protecting mama is more important than an innocuous word that we give meaning to :D
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - I am proud of my #1 and love him to the moon and back and I sure hope he knows that. It was hard not to laugh when I heard it, I can tell you that... :lol:

Week 40
    CW: 58.8kg

Good afternoon OMADers!

Its a beautiful Saturday here with a temperature of 28°C and I am really happy as I can finally dry my clothes today. That means when I come home from work tonight, I will be folding a mountain high of laundry. :( But at least I got the laundry done and there's no more dirty clothes in the laundry basket for now. Happy that I have taken out and washed all my kids school winter clothing as they start school next Tuesday :)

Today’s Date: 20 April 2019
    Today’s Weight: 58.8kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses
    Description/Photo of Meals: 1 cup Mee Goreng, 1 cup Grapes & 4 pcs Arnott's Jatz
    Thoughts : Happy that I loss 0.2kg :) Have to hang on to the wagon as Easter is here. Hopefully, I do not gain any weight this long weekend. Fingers cross!!!

<3 Have a wonderful Easter, everyone!!! Drive safely too!!! <3
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    Folding laundry is my least favorite chore by a long shot! I'm sure it'll feel good to get it all done!! You're so close to this month's goal weight! Amazing!

Have the happiest Easter with your loved ones!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Ahhhh...I LOVE your son <3 You have done fantastically this year! 2 sizes down! Wow! Look...I got to the weight I'm at by gaining just 2 pounds a year...year after year. You turned the clock back by many years and that is a huge accomplishment. Just keep being uniquely you. You are loved by your whole family and they would not consider trading you in for one of the nasty girls. That goes for every single one of us on this forum. Let's just strive to be our healthiest possible in order to be here for everyone that holds us sooooo dearly in their hearts <3<3<3