lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    lisadianehays55
    May week 1
    PW: 179.8
    CW:181.6
    Sorry team on the weight gain .😕
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    It's not all about the scale, @lisadianehays55. What's one NSV you noticed this week?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Welcome to our newest and last member for the May challenge, @mainleylisa. We're glad you're here. Post an introduction when you have the chance.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 20 minutes, 6.11 miles; 15-minute walk with hubs and pup, .52 miles (too nice here to not get out)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    I wish it was nice here!! This damn Chicago weather has been nuts. I did manage to get a 15 minute walk in with the kiddos!
  • BonnieHosk85
    @allietuge, soon and very soon! :)
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Exercise? Yes, a 4 mile walk
    In calories? No, but it was planned
    Tracked? To the best of my ability!
  • bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    bdashnay wrote: »
    This may be a silly question, but I have a hard time reading the standings. I’m assuming it goes based on % lost that week for the team. But sometimes a team wins, and when I look back on there, it’s not the highest % lost. (Like in week 3 of April, I believe Gutbusters won but another team had a higher %).

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something lol. I enjoy checking in to see how we are doing but I don’t trust the numbers I see lol.

After the week ends, and the winner's post is made, the totals may change due to team member drop outs after the weekly standings are published, or if a weight was entered after the weekly winners were posted. For example if someone posted their weight late, it will change the numbers due to the new information, but as they posted late, we do not correct the winner's post. It someone is no longer on the team, the totals will change as the calculations were done with them on the sheet and now that they are no longer there, the calculations change because it's re-calculated with them removed, all of the calculations happen automatically, not manually. And we do not change the weekly results in this case either as they were a part of the team at the time the post was made. Each time a change to the spreadsheet is made, the totals update, automatically.

If you went back and looked at the first weeks of the challenge, the totals would most definitely not match the weekly posted winners as a lot of the members do not make it to the end of the month. The spreadsheet always contains the most up to date standings, as it contains the most up to date team member information, but you will see the totals change on the spreadsheet and there is no way around that as the spreadsheet updates itself every time someone leaves the challenge.

Basically, the weekly postings contain the winners at the close of the week at the time that the post was made.
    I hope that explains the discrepancies.

And on a side note, if this is in reference to Week 3 of April** this is because one of the members of the team (Gutbusters) made an error in posting their weight on the thread which showed an inaccurate loss for that member and thus caused Gutbusters to show as winning when they did not and I am correcting the post today, I just have not been able to make the change yet due to time constraints.

Thank you so much for this explanation. It makes perfect sense!
  • bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    Daily check in
    - tracking : yes
    - Calories: under by 1 🙂.
    - Water: I think only 4/5
    - Exercise: no skipped yoga (my yoga partner was sick) but ran around with my toddler at an indoor playground

Non-scale victory: I went to a brunch buffet today and wanted to order just some eggs and toast, but found out you could only order the brunch. So i ate nothing and watched everyone else eat! I then went to the indoor playground with my son and ordered a yummy wrap! Never I have ever done something like this or felt so good doing it!!! I’m determined!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    April 29
    Exercised? Yes. 34 mins walking workout
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    bb_1033
    May Week 1
    PW: 173.4
    CW: 171.6

I think I may need a new scale but I used same scale in same spot etc that I have been every Monday morning to see if there was a drop regardless. Think I might splurge on the one that tells you water weight etc lol
  • BonnieHosk85
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033 - nice loss!
    @beloved0922
    @HickChic67
    @Lifeisspiffy
    @liss_k
    @looneycatblue
    @michellelagle
    @Micheller1210
    @momentarydenizen
    @poeticbriana

Please post using this template:
    Username
    May Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

@bdashnay, that is some determination!!

Have a great day everyone!
    Bonnie
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Hi Everyone. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but it's the same weight I've had since menopause. Oh and I'm getting shorter, so...

I think if I would stop drinking wine and keep exercising, it would be much easier. I think I've been in a mid-life crisis of sorts for a few years--I'm needing some adventure and challenge in my life. I've been challenged by, and mastered kids, school, career and struggling to find my next chapter--to deal with these feelings I drink wine, which leads to bad food choices. I so just want to feel comfortable in my summer clothes (can you say same pair of stretchy jeans (2 sizes bigger than pre-meno) every day?) and out of them!

I'm hoping this challenge leads to feeling good and my next adventure. May the force be with us all, Gutbusters!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    michellelagle
    Week 4
    PW: 142.0
    CW: 142.4
    I have ate healthy all week besides one piece of chocolate cake. I have exercised to tone,so I'm sure this is all muscle. I'm going to be a part of the May challenge. But if I don't lose more than 2 pounds by the end of the month, I will no longer participate in these challenges
  • BonnieHosk85
    @mainelylisa, I'm getting shorter too. What's up with that? Now I have to lose even more to get to my goal weight!!

@michellelagle, I understand. I know you've been going through a lot. Hope things look up for you soon. <3
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Audreypawdrey
    May Week 4-Monday
    SW: 147.8
    PW: April 22-147.8
    CW: April 29-145.4

Yay! The scale dropped this week! I did strength training Monday-Friday with a rest day yesterday, and I think that helped! I have 15 more to go before goal!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    looneycatblue
    May week 1, April 29
    PW: 177.4
    CW:176.4

This was such a nice surprise considering we were away all weekend for a mini trip to Denver. We did eat pretty well, and also got a lot of walking and sightseeing in up in the Rockies. Back to the usual now!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    allietuge
    May Week 1
    PW: 175.1
    CW: 172.8
This discussion has been closed.