Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    _Cece_x wrote: »
    @johicks I’m from England! 😊
    Thanks!!
    I'm from the states, northern Michigan, Torch Lake area. Fun fact... we are the only state that can use their hand as a map. As Michigan (the lower peninsula) is shaped like a mitten. :smiley:
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    username:MaelynMayhem
    Week: Sunday, May Week 1 (4/28)
    PW:269.6
    CW:268.4

Sorry it's not that great of a loss this week, it bounced around a lot, going up a good deal due to TOM. I hope it will be better next week
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem Nice loss! You should be proud of your weightloss this week! Great contribution to the team.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    What is the easiest way to access this group chat through the MFP app? I have done it differently each time and it seems I may be taking the long way around.

Thanks,
    Jen
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    _Cece_x wrote: »
    @johicks I’m from England! 😊
    Thanks!!
    I'm from the states, northern Michigan, Torch Lake area. Fun fact... we are the only state that can use their hand as a map. As Michigan (the lower peninsula) is shaped like a mitten. :smiley:

That’s crazy , I’m from Michigan too lol but I’m like near Monroe which is in southern Michigan :smile:
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: May Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 138.2
    CW= 138.2

Hi yah! This will be my 3rd month in this challenge. Definitely holds me accountable. Definitely thankful to you all and the admins! I have maintained at the same weight for 3 wks now- but that wasn’t the plan! I hope I can get it moving down soon!
    I have a lot on the go (like everyone)- lots of stress and not too much time for myself so I’m trying to find a practical balance for me. I joined a gym in April and even though I’m not a gym rat I’ve really been pushing myself to go and pushing my comfort zone- which is great!
    Good luck to my group! Please feel free to add me and connect any time!! Cheers!!
  • johicks
    Options
    To encourage and inspire our @RunTrackMinds for May, here are some results from April’s challenge for our @RunTrackMinds as a team and individuals.

Week #1
    The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.62%, 37.5 lbs

Week #3
    1st - Run Track Minds. - 0.58%, 30 lbs.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    2nd - @MHarper522. - 2.15%
    3rd - @Veggieonly. - 2.12%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    2nd - @MHarper522. - 4.8 lbs.

Week #4
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 4 WINNER @FitGirlLife72. - 3.25%

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @FitGirlLife72. - 3.25%
    2nd - @MaelynMayhem. - 2.60%

1st - @MaelynMayhem. - 7.2 lbs.

Run Track Minds
    1st - @FitGirlLife72. - 3.25%
    2nd - @MaelynMayhem. - 2.60%
    3rd - @stricklee11. - 1.71%

• johicks
    Options
    For those of you who continued from April, congratulations for making it through April and taking part in the May challenge, too. I'm posting April's Grand Finale results to motivate and inspire our May team!!

Here are April's Grand Finale results. @Fitgirllife72 ...You should be excited and proud of yourself, you worked very hard!! KUDOS to our very own @Fitgirllife72 for being April's winner with a whopping 8.46% body weight loss!

And our @RunTrackMinds teammates took first and second place in the month of April, congratulations to @Fitgirllife72 and @MaelynMayhem. So awesome!! Our team took second place for losing the most as a team with a 1.77% body weight loss and 107.0 lbs.

Our top three losers for April:
    Run Track Minds
    1st - @FitGirlLife72. - 8.46%
    2nd - @MaelynMayhem. - 6.84%
    3rd - @j0d13mcc. - 3.89%

1st - @MaelynMayhem. - 19.8 lbs.
    AB0215 wrote: »
    THE APRIL'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @FitGirlLife72. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 8.46% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN APRIL IS ..... GUTBUSTERS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM GUTBUSTERS!!

WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH APRIL TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. ALL WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3%, AND EVEN 4 OR 5% OR MORE LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 430.3 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @HASWLRS. @pkg1998. @AB0215. @gjaholy33. @mram3582. @johicks. @BonnieHosk85. AND COACH @craigo3154.!! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE APRIL GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    3rd - @Toomuchchocolate88. - 5.70%

1st - Gutbusters. - 1.87%
    2nd - Run Track Minds. - 1.77%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 1.59%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @jlbtnc. - 5.66%
    2nd - @Kwinnero. - 3.40%
    3rd - @Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 3.25%

The Slimsons
    1st - @Gadgetgirl259. - 4.90%
    2nd - @jmitts2. - 4.78%
    3rd - @hippienana. - 4.65%

Gutbusters
    1st - @mmarch427. - 5.00%
    2nd - @ingalynn. - 4.42%
    3rd - @forbes_melissa. - 4.29%

Run Track Minds
    3rd - @j0d13mcc. - 3.89%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @Toomuchchocolate88. - 5.70%
    2nd - @sianisabel2018. - 3.82%
    3rd - @shanteel612. - 3.47%

1st - @MaelynMayhem. - 19.8 lbs.
    2nd - @gjaholy33. - 17.7 lbs.
    3rd - @Toomuchchocolate88. - 14.6 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 58.0 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 115.0 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 103.6 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 107.0 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 46.8 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 430.3 lbs

• johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem~ You have been so consistent. “Weigh” to start out the month!!
    @jupdyke~ Jen, using the MFP I have to go my home page, then scroll down to Community; from there if you have it starred you can click on the star to bring up your favorites. I find that when the activity on the threads are high, my wi-fi takes FOR.EVER to bring it up. Hope that helps.
    @rawrxamberx ~ that’s amazing! Too fun-funny. Yeah…. You’re down there alright! We’re probably 4.5- 5 hours apart, depending on how much water I drink when I drive. LOL

For all who want to see how Michiganders can use their hands as maps, see the attached photo. LOL It’s hilarious!!

@LuluLovinLife~ Maintaining may not have been the plan, but that is pretty darn good! I know blah blah blah, staying the same if better than a gain.. Blah blah blah. :) It’s hard to balance or juggle all that we have to do; but seriously, maintaining is hard, too. It is for me anyway. Hope they gym pays off for you in May. Let’s do this!

I'll post my daily challenge results in the morning. If I post too soon, then it's harder for me to mentally stay on track. Weird, huh!? Oh my mind... my RUNTRACKMIND! LOL

95vgzfjddlhx.jpg

• ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Even
    Exercise: 30 mins of cardio
    Goal/Day: Today was a gorgeous 85°. Me and my daughter went to an afternoon college softball game and had a really great time.
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Even
    Exercise: 30 mins of cardio
    Goal/Day: Today was a gorgeous 85°. Me and my daughter went to an afternoon college softball game and had a really great time.

Your day sounds splendid- fun!! And you did great getting in your cardio and staying even with calories.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: yes.
    Calories: yes. Limit: 1910/ Actual: 1530
    Water: 5 cups
    Exercise: I worked 9.5 hours on my feet!
    Day: today was a pretty decent day. Worked my butt off this morning! I work in a fast food place and I’m constantly moving around. Did really good with eating today!! :)
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday (4/28)

Track: yes
    Calories: under, Limit: 1500/1430
    Water: 34 cups
    Exercise: Rest Day (Just as important as training days, first in awhile)
    Day: Well, our fire alarm in the building isn't working. A guy was cooking chicken, then decided to get in his car and go somewhere leaving it cooking. It burned and caught on fire. I was all up in my apartment chilling while there was a fire two floors below me. So instead of getting me and my cat out of the building I got ready for church. I walked out the front doors to firefighters, four firetrucks, two fire rescue vehicles and one fire marshal vehicle. I didn't go to church in case I needed to tell someone that my cat was alone on the fourth floor. Eventually they cleared the smoke on the 2nd and third floors, verified the building was safe and released us to go back in. But yeah, no alarm. BUT my alarm works, it went off when I opened the oven to take my meat out to flip it over, and then again when it was done, most likely due to the heat as there was no smoke. I have just kind of relaxed today, best I can, watched some TV, cuddled with Alex, and enjoyed my treat of chocolate.
    I also realized why I basically apologize for low weight loss numbers instead of being proud of my weight-loss. I am still seeing myself as that 340 lb woman where that number percentage wise is so minimal, and therefore, I don't see it as really adding. But I'm not that size. I have LOST over 70 pounds, and if you go back to Christmas it's over 80. It was like my body was saying YES, FINALLY! It's time! Let's get this done! And it's been good. The weight has come off. I've made radical changes to my diet and behavior. I increased my exercise as my body allowed. I pushed the limits to make it stronger, and it responded. I am stronger, my body is stronger. I just seem to keep getting hung up on old images.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 4/28 - Just for ME Today!
    Track: Yes!
    Calories: 1600 / 1185
    Exercise: 90 minutes of raking, bending, picking up sticks; and a very short walk.
    8+ water: 9+
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day
    • Night Routine:
      ~Change clothes & Attitude
      ~Wash face / Brush Hair
      ~Hot tea
      ~One snack after dinner - NO snacks. Yeah!
      ~Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”

Great day!! Back on track. I’ve decided to eat as close to 1200 calories on my strong-minded and normal life days. And allow for 2 (or 3 days) per week of the 1600 calories, This might help me with my binges. If I can get used to eating a little less then when I need more it’s not overboard. BUT! The key to me learning about me is tracking and journaling. I want this to be a lifestyle change, that will let me reach my ultimate goal and maintain it.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: stuck to my 1250 or under goal
    Exercise: 30 mins of upper body and 20 minute walk.
    Goal/Day: Today was a catch up on housework and chill kind of day before beginning another week. Hoping for a good weigh in in the morning. I haven't weighed since my starting weight last Monday.
  • johicks
    Options
    @rawrxamberx~ Amber, Great first day of the challenge. Working at a fast food place is positive for moving around, I’m sure! And would be super hard for me to make healthy, mindful choices--- but YOU DID IT! Wonderful!

@MaelynMayhem ~ Maelyn, good for you taking a rest. You are so right. Oh my goodness!! How scary that fire must have been, especially since Alex was still upstairs. I’m all nervous just reading this. Glad everyone is okay. Hope they get that all fixed soon.
    Thanks for sharing how one can get hung up on the old self. YOU ARE doing great. Do you read or say any affirmations to help build up your self-esteem?

@jupdyke~ Jen, a great start to the challenge. You did it all!! And I know that part of that was weighing only weekly.

I’m glad you are all on @RunTrackMinds. The breakdown of our team “motto” has the three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off. Those elements are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating
    Mind -train your brain to be positive and okay with change.

“Move over old self, there’s a new me in town!! And this new me is in charge!”
  • johicks
    Options
    @Tomkinsone
    Week: April Week 5
    PW = 159
    CW= 158.2

This is one of the last posts from April before it closed. Congrats on another loss!!
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 4/28 Check in (Week 5)
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 224.0
    CW: 224.2

Hi Everyone will introduce myself tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I posted my weight. I been cleaning up all day. I'm exhausted. I have to be at work at 3am.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My first daily post:

#1. Tracked: yes
    #2. Stayed inside calorie budget: yes
    #3. At least 20 minutes of activity: yes, walking

Tomorrow (Monday) is my weekly weigh-in day.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Username: Longshore
    Week: May Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 201.9
    CW= 202.4
This discussion has been closed.