• j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Username: Jod13Mcc
    Weigh in day :Sunday
    Week: May week 1
    PW =
    CW=183.86

OK........so...I'm starting off this month not from a great position. I had a lumbar puncture at the end of March which ruptured midway through April and has meant I've been unable to exercise. I'm having to lie flat all the time as I heal which is completely against my grain!! Its driving me nuts....sooooooo the question is....how do I continue to lose weight in a healthy way if I cant exercise? I'm open to suggestions but here's what I have so far!

1. I'm staying at around 1200 calories which seems to be doing the job
    2. I'm eating mostly lean foods so vegetables, chicken, salmon, my favourite cheeses....I won't lie...the odd gummy bear here and there!
    3. I'm drinking alot of water...and I mean ALOT of water...in fact I'm not really drinking anything else except coffee which is under Dr's orders. I have low pressure in my brain and apparently one of the treatments is caffeine! Yey!!
    4. I'm enjoying good food. Sounds simple but if I'm only eating 1200 calories, I'm making it a good 1200 calories so I'm seeking out good coffee and my favourite cheeses, olive oil and beautiful vine ripened tomatoes. I choose something I really like and then load up on lots of vegetables to go with it. For example, 200 calories of really good goats cheese and then loads of really fresh salad, tomatoes, beets, teaspoon of topshelf greek or italian olive oil.
    5. Stay positive, take warm baths with candles and stay engaged with this group because they truly are a support and helps to keep me accountable!

Good luck through May everyone!!

Jo
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @Toyota100 ~ As you may have noticed, the April thread is closed. We will have 5 weeks in May. So hat you know, I’ll be entering your weigh-in as first in the May challenge. MAY you have a good month. Goodness! 3am start time. I don't miss those days at all. Hope you get some YOU time, soon.

@skullsandskeletons ~ Great first daily post. MAY this mini-challenge help you have a good month and lose lbs.

@Longshore~ MAY we have a great month! I’m committed to working extra hard this month. Let’s be accountable together!

@Maejestique ~ Nice loss!! That’s they “Weigh” to start the month off. MAY you have a great month of weight loss and progressing towards your goal weight.

@Jod13Mcc ~ Oh Jo!! I’m so sorry that you’re still laid up. But as the “motto” picture indicates, we will have our ups and downs in life that will tempt to throw us off track. Your priority is healing and overall wellness. You are being so smart about your calories... WOW!! Are you able to lift small hand weights while laying flat? Just wondering if you could do some simple resistance type exercises with 1# weights or bands that will at least be something. BIG HUGS. Okay… so something is working for you, as you didn’t have your PW, only your CW. I logged in your CW and you LOST!! For your records… PW= 185.19, CW= 183.86. So no worries, just keep being smart about your choices… AND HEAL. <<hugs>> P.S. You can be our cheerleader! ;)

• johicks
    Options
    Day ONE of the May challenge in the books! I had a good day with all three elements of our team name . . . RUNTRACKMINDS
    Run - I moved!!
    Track- I counted every calorie, every bite, every sip.
    Mind- I stayed positive and determined to do the above. Seriously ready for a lifestyle change.

My three obstacles are and my plan:
    1) TOM or mid-TOM; to take long soaking baths
    2) Hubby wants to cook for me; I just need to keep salad & veggie items in the house to compliment the protein and save a few calories for ONE of the carbs he makes.
    3) His/MY emotions; candles, aromatherapy; HUGS.

I have to figure out something to sustain the weight I am losing; then eventually long-term. I'm so encouraged by our Week 4 winner @Fitgirllife72. She wrote the other day that she is .4 lbs from her goal. Then she has two weeks to maintain before her vacation. So we won't be seeing her in May or June. She said she might be back in July. But! To KNOW someone that has worked hard and is at GOAL WEIGHT. How can you not be encouraged and inspired!! Okay... off to get in some movement before the rain moves in.

MAY, you have a wonderful day, teammates. And remember... we are a team. Come here if you need help or to vent or to distract yourself from the temptation or the moment. Also, come here to get kudos for overcoming something.

We are here to encourage and support one another, to applaud our accomplishments, and to be the best, healthy, and well people we can be. Together we can...
    ecntjlcvg9q8.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Had another weekend that went off the rails with eating....but excited to kick off May and have a stronger month than I did in April! My schedule is calming down and I have less social events this month, so it will be easier to stay within calorie goal and focus on having a strong weight loss month, especially before summer starts!
  • johicks
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Had another weekend that went off the rails with eating....but excited to kick off May and have a stronger month than I did in April! My schedule is calming down and I have less social events this month, so it will be easier to stay within calorie goal and focus on having a strong weight loss month, especially before summer starts!

@jwall309 - Jessica.. weekends are so hard. My time isn't structured, so it's hard to plan. Glad you're ready for this month. MAY, you get in some walking and more tennis! MAY, you be able to take a deep breath. MAY everything fall into place and your choice(s) be good to result in a great MAY!

Me, I finally came back around mentally and with my eating this weekend. Phew! I'm truly trying to get this adjusted to make a lifetime change. I have weekend and night-binge struggles. In trying to be realistic in that I WILL have moments of wanting a little more food I need to figure out how.
    So this week, I’m going to track everything!! EVERY. THING. Regardless. My maximum allotment of calories will be 1600 calories. My goal is to eat the total allotment only 2 (or 3) days/week. Reserving those high-calorie days for when I’m feeling really hungry, have an event, or for the weekend. I should be able to stick to 1200-1300 calories on the days that I am mentally strong and can make good, healthy choices. I’m really going to give this a full effort for the month of May, in hopes that this is my ticket for life!

Let's do this! Go team!

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Last night I was given a difficult challenge. I had to create a self-care Bingo. The first few spots were easy to fill out, but then it got hard. It took me over 45 minutes to fill out the spaces with things to do to take care of myself. I guess I have gotten away from that. I couldn't list my walks or dieting, because sure I do that, but that's every day. These needed to be things I could do that were not part of my routine but separate things to do to help take care of me. Some things on there might stress people out while they relax me.

I have decided to not continue the C25K for a bit. I need to see my doctor. I think my electrolytes are off. My heart seems to miss beats when I'm running with some pain in the chest. It fades quickly enough. In March my sodium was a little low and I never use sodium on anything. A few days last week I surpassed the 2300 mg, but most days I'm well under. I do put potassium (No Salt) on a lot things so it should be fine, unless it's gotten high. And with the amount of water I drink I'm not worried about chloride. But the water could be flushing out my sodium. Anyways, until I see my doctor and get the necessary tests done the running is off the table.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is my first time on this challenge. I am still trying to understand it. I am sure I will soon get the hang of it once I finish browsing round. I am already on maintenance. The goal is to loose extra few pounds to a lower BMI.
    Wishing everyone success on this journey.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: Monday, May Week 1 (4/29)
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 152.6

I was really excited to see a 7.2 lb weightloss this week! I think weighing in once weekly as opposed to daily helps me a lot. I've tightened up my eating this week and stuck to my caloric allowance and even had a cheat day. I'm maintaining my exercise as well. Hoping for another strong week next week. Thank you all for this supportive group! I hope I did this forat weigh in right. Let me know if I didn't.

Jen
  • jupdyke
    Options
    @Maejestique Way to go on your loss this first week! Awesome job.
  • johicks
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is my first time on this challenge. I am still trying to understand it. I am sure I will soon get the hang of it once I finish browsing round. I am already on maintenance. The goal is to loose extra few pounds to a lower BMI.
    Wishing everyone success on this journey.

I'm the team Captain. You can tag me by typing. @johicks

The only requirement is to report your weight weekly on weigh in day. I see that yours is on Saturday.

The other option is to join our mini-challenge of reporting daily. For now go to the first page where you will find my introduction. In there you will find the formats. Please ask questions to avoid any frustration.
  • johicks
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jupdyke wrote: »
    Username: jupdyke
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 152.6

I was really excited to see a 7.2 lb weightloss this week! I think weighing in once weekly as opposed to daily helps me a lot. I've tightened up my eating this week and stuck to my caloric allowance and even had a cheat day. I'm maintaining my exercise as well. Hoping for another strong week next week. Thank you all for this supportive group! I hope I did this forat weigh in right. Let me know if I didn't.

Jen

WOW!! Go Jen, Go!!. Your weekly weigh in is the correct format. Thanks. But your math is wrong. You lost 7.6#. Woooohoooo!!! Congrats.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    @johicks Oops...I'll take that mistake. Lol. Thank you!

• j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @Toyota100 ~ As you may have noticed, the April thread is closed. We will have 5 weeks in May. So hat you know, I’ll be entering your weigh-in as first in the May challenge. MAY you have a good month. Goodness! 3am start time. I don't miss those days at all. Hope you get some YOU time, soon.

@skullsandskeletons ~ Great first daily post. MAY this mini-challenge help you have a good month and lose lbs.

@Longshore~ MAY we have a great month! I’m committed to working extra hard this month. Let’s be accountable together!

@Maejestique ~ Nice loss!! That’s they “Weigh” to start the month off. MAY you have a great month of weight loss and progressing towards your goal weight.

@Jod13Mcc ~ Oh Jo!! I’m so sorry that you’re still laid up. But as the “motto” picture indicates, we will have our ups and downs in life that will tempt to throw us off track. Your priority is healing and overall wellness. You are being so smart about your calories... WOW!! Are you able to lift small hand weights while laying flat? Just wondering if you could do some simple resistance type exercises with 1# weights or bands that will at least be something. BIG HUGS. Okay… so something is working for you, as you didn’t have your PW, only your CW. I logged in your CW and you LOST!! For your records… PW= 185.19, CW= 183.86. So no worries, just keep being smart about your choices… AND HEAL. <<hugs>> P.S. You can be our cheerleader! ;)

Ahhh thanks @johicks I couldn’t find my PW. Thank you!! I aim to keep losing and the weights is a good idea! Seeing the neurologist tomorrow so I’ll be getting advice about what I can and can’t do!! Positive mental attitude though because I’d love to get down into the 170s by end of May even if I am laid up!! It’s so frustrating though because If I was able to run I’d be smashing this right now!! The priority has to be getting well but once I am, I’ll never take my wellness for granted again!

Come on team!! You’ve got this!!!!
  • johicks
    Options
    j0d13mcc wrote: »

Ahhh thanks @johicks I couldn’t find my PW. Thank you!! I aim to keep losing and the weights is a good idea! Seeing the neurologist tomorrow so I’ll be getting advice about what I can and can’t do!! Positive mental attitude though because I’d love to get down into the 170s by end of May even if I am laid up!! It’s so frustrating though because If I was able to run I’d be smashing this right now!! The priority has to be getting well but once I am, I’ll never take my wellness for granted again!

Come on team!! You’ve got this!!!!

Great! Hope you are able to do something while lying there. Sending healing thoughts.
  • johicks
    Options
    Last night I was given a difficult challenge. I had to create a self-care Bingo. The first few spots were easy to fill out, but then it got hard. It took me over 45 minutes to fill out the spaces with things to do to take care of myself. I guess I have gotten away from that. I couldn't list my walks or dieting, because sure I do that, but that's every day. These needed to be things I could do that were not part of my routine but separate things to do to help take care of me. Some things on there might stress people out while they relax me.

I have decided to not continue the C25K for a bit. I need to see my doctor. I think my electrolytes are off. My heart seems to miss beats when I'm running with some pain in the chest. It fades quickly enough. In March my sodium was a little low and I never use sodium on anything. A few days last week I surpassed the 2300 mg, but most days I'm well under. I do put potassium (No Salt) on a lot things so it should be fine, unless it's gotten high. And with the amount of water I drink I'm not worried about chloride. But the water could be flushing out my sodium. Anyways, until I see my doctor and get the necessary tests done the running is off the table.

I thought I responded via my hone earlier today, but don't see it. Health is a priority for sure. Bummer you can't run. But hopefully still walk, right? On our local PBS channel, we get a sit and be fit 30 minute exercise once/day. Maybe that's something you can find. Doing the Bingo card I find interesting. I think it would be hard to come up with many, many things to do to take care of oneself, physically, emotionally, and mentally. WOW! Hope it helps.

Wishing you good HEALTH. >>Hugs<<
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 245
    CW: 245

Daily post:
    #1. Tracked: yes
    #2. Stayed inside calorie budget: yes
    #3. At least 20 minutes of activity: yes, walking

Despite falling, hitting my head, and having to go to hospital for stitches yesterday while outside of my home country -- I believe I am doing well! I hurt all over but am getting tons of limping, errr walking, in around this beautiful city.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 207
    Today’s Weight: 207
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday (4/29)

Track: Yes
    Calories: under; Limit: 1500/ Actual 1474
    Water: 32
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Virtuous Circle 27 minutes, walked additional minutes to reach 62 minutes), 3 flights of stairs, 45 minutes of calisthenics (squats, pushups and crunches, 5-5-20, 10-10-30, 15-15-40, repeated three times), then stretched for a few minutes
    Day: It's been a low day. I struggled to get to sleep until 1 AM, and woke for a final time at 8. My mood has fallen significantly. I just feel like things are becoming pointless again. I have struggled to eat and take my medication today. I got inspected on my apartment and my blinds still aren't clean enough. I have crumbs in a cabinet and my fridge. She told me I still needed to focus on organizing and decluttering my apartment as well. It's like I'm not really making any headway. I have also thought that some of the symptoms I was having while running that I thought were signs of low glucose may have been warning signs regarding my heart, the dizziness that continued to get worse and nausea. I have appointment to see my PCP on the 21st. I'm having thoughts and urges (mild) of self-harm again. So, my CSS said if the funk doesn't pass by Wednesday we call to see if I can see my psychiatrist sooner.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: WOW I think the trainers at my bootcamp are trying to get us bikini ready, these last few classes have had us literally crawling out the door 🥵
This discussion has been closed.