Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in:
    PW: 222.3
    CW: 224.1
    Going the wrong way, but had a terrible week so I am not surprised. Back on track as of yesterday. Hopefully it will be a much better week.

@heaz10, love your attitude! Back on track and ready to slay May!!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Hi team! And my fellow run clubbers ☺️

I know we're still in April but thought I'd kick off my posting in May.

Decided to switch up Sunday's run today and went to the gym with a friend for the first time since my daughter was born (8 months - how did that happen!?!). I've learned I really don't like treadmill running but did try out the 0.5 incline as you suggested @cmhubbard92 and that was definitely better than running flat. Had great fun with the weights though and all in loved being able to do a gym workout again!

Hope you've all had a great weekend and starting the week rested and motivated 🎉

Hi Coral! Great workout. I have a 9 month old, time has gone so fast!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8lbs
    Current weight: 290.2lbs

I was not successful in staying away from Easter candy this week. As I work for the school district I had this week off with the kids. I also watched other kids this week which can be stressful. My daughter also loves to bake when bored and she made very tempting treats. It was a bad combination for me. This week will be business as usual and I won't be home for any extra snacking and i will be on my feet alot more. I will have a much more healthy week!

I work for a school district as well, it is so hard to stay away from all of the treats and candy bowls! You are doing amazing in your journey so far, good luck this week!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Sorry so late, I got confused on the start date!
    Weight: 124.4
    Goal weight (pre-pregnancy weight) 112

Sunday April 28

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: 3 mile run
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry so late, I got confused on the start date!
    Weight: 124.4
    Goal weight (pre-pregnancy weight) 112

Sunday April 28

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: 3 mile run

@susanpiper57, yes, I know it can be confusing, especially with a Sunday weigh-in day. In reality, the challenge starts the day you register and post a starting weight. You had a great day yesterday. Keep it up and we will see you post a loss this Sunday.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people and hello to familiar faces.
    I am Erik, 37 yrs old, married, no kids, one cat. Life long ups and downs with my health and weight.
    Most recent eye opener was December 2017 when I hit my heaviest weight for the second time in my life at 275.5 so I took my first steps and lost about 25 lbs on my own. Joined this great group last June and lost another 5 lbs. I hit a wall in Sept/Oct and then lost my groove. Put back on about 10 lbs over the winter. Still never got myself going until March 2019, after vacation.
    I started doing intermittent fasting and that really helped get me going back in the right direction. I have lost 7 lbs in the 7 weeks since I reapplied myself this year. Now I am 2.5 lbs from my lowest weight last summer and I am looking to go way beyond that.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Since being honest is the best way to handle situations, I got way off track this weekend. Right after bragging about being motivated and back on track. No real excuses. Life just got to me last week and I used that as a reason to not care for 4 straight days.
    Now I will have a lot of work to do this week to hopefully work off the damage done and not have a terrible weigh in on Friday.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Hi Team

Does anyone use/ have any strategies for those weekend family gatherings that evolve around food?

In the past .. I have eaten before we go so I am not famished.

This is a constant fight I have when eating with family - both my side and my wife’s side. There are never healthy options, always carb loaded meals and extra desserts.
    Eating meals before is the best strategy I have. I find it harder to make good decisions if the bad food is in front of me so not having the bad food as an option helps me.
    One night last week I even just passed on going to my in laws all together for dinner and stayed home alone to avoid the meal that was prepared
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Mini Challenge

Sunday 04.28

Tracking of food: yes
    With in calories: yes
    Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes gardening / yardwork
    Steps: 12103
  • countrycreek
    Options
    @HASWLRS My Monday weigh in 166.9.
  • countrycreek
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Hi Team

Does anyone use/ have any strategies for those weekend family gatherings that evolve around food?

In the past .. I have eaten before we go so I am not famished.

This is a constant fight I have when eating with family - both my side and my wife’s side. There are never healthy options, always carb loaded meals and extra desserts.
    Eating meals before is the best strategy I have. I find it harder to make good decisions if the bad food is in front of me so not having the bad food as an option helps me.
    One night last week I even just passed on going to my in laws all together for dinner and stayed home alone to avoid the meal that was prepared

Thanks for your advice. Yep same here. I agree .. sometimes it better just to forgo the whole meal.

BTW your cat is sweet!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Monday 4.29.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no

Even though I didn't exercise, this is a personal win for me because I tracked and was under. I just need to keep it up.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Monday 4.29.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no

Even though I didn't exercise, this is a personal win for me because I tracked and was under. I just need to keep it up.

@brandi_84, that's where I am, too, Brandi. If we can get the eating under control (and that's where most weight loss happens) then the exercise will fall into place in time. Well done.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS My Monday weigh in 166.9.

@countrycreek, a solid pound lost to start off the May Challenge!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Since being honest is the best way to handle situations, I got way off track this weekend. Right after bragging about being motivated and back on track. No real excuses. Life just got to me last week and I used that as a reason to not care for 4 straight days.
    Now I will have a lot of work to do this week to hopefully work off the damage done and not have a terrible weigh in on Friday.

@erikNJ, me, too. I have decided that honest is the way to go!! Give it your all for the next four days and feel good about them, regardless of what the scale says on Friday.
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I was not successful in staying away from Easter candy this week. As I work for the school district I had this week off with the kids. I also watched other kids this week which can be stressful. My daughter also loves to bake when bored and she made very tempting treats. It was a bad combination for me. This week will be business as usual and I won't be home for any extra snacking and i will be on my feet alot more. I will have a much more healthy week!

I work for a school district as well, it is so hard to stay away from all of the treats and candy bowls! You are doing amazing in your journey so far, good luck this week!

Thank you very much. You're right there is always something in the break room! I drink lots of water and try to keep out!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    April 28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 4383
    Water: 88
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Thank you very much. You're right there is always something in the break room! I drink lots of water and try to keep out!

I also work in a school. That staff lounge can be a killer! Mondays people bring in all their weekend leftovers and Fridays people bring "we made it to Friday" treats.
  • miakelaa
    miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Monday, Week 1
    Previous weight: 158.2
    Current weight: 156.6
    Weigh-in day: Monday
This discussion has been closed.