erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    4/29
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 60 mins cutting the lawn and other yardwork

Sun: no
    Mon: yes

@erikNJ, if it's not leaves or snow, it's grass! At least it is exercise and fresh air, too!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Weekly Challenge: Monday
    tracking: Yes
    exercise: yes 20 min yoga (tried eagle pose today - definitely need more practice) and a walk with the dog to a friends house (about 15 min one way) for meatless Monday :) I tried roasted chickpeas for the first time since I was a kid - they didn’t suck :)

Overall though my tracking was tight on the calories at the end of the day and I’m still a little hungry and really tired (had to get up at 4 something to take the husband to the airport) soooo I think I’m going to bed very, very early. I mean, 7:45 is totally reasonable right? Hahaha sigh.

@enyagoboom, hope you are well rested this morning!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Monday April 29 Mini Challenge

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: No-Missed it by 89
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Net steps: 10,127

Rough day for me with food, I made healthy enough choices (except for chocolate), but I was hungry and ate extra, and I had one too many chocolates. I also didn't get in exercise with a significant calorie burn, but here's to a new day!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    4/30/2019 Weigh-in
    Weigh-In day: Tuesday

Previous week: 219.1
    Today's weight: 219.1
    Maintained this week.

I was hoping to have a loss this week, but I did think it was possible for a gain this week, so I will take a maintenance week. Looking forward to pushing through to next Tuesday and hopefully I will have a loss then!

@cmhubbard92, maybe the decapitated rabbit couldn't bite you in the butt, but maybe he got a good kick in before his hind legs disappeared, too! Just kidding, lol! But seriously though, every week can't be a great week, so a maintain is better than a gain, like you said! Do everything you can to make this week a great week!!

Hahaha, that's possible. I didn't think chocolate rabbits held grudges :lol:

No worries, I am working on it!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Monday April 29 Mini Challenge

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: No-Missed it by 89
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Net steps: 10,127

Rough day for me with food, I made healthy enough choices (except for chocolate), but I was hungry and ate extra, and I had one too many chocolates. I also didn't get in exercise with a significant calorie burn, but here's to a new day!

@susanpiper57, you were only over by a bit, so no real damage done. Just one less chocolate today!!!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @enyagoboom, hope you are well rested this morning!!

Weirdly (or maybe not weirdly) I slept very, very deeply but did not sleep for long so I was feeling really well rested at 4:30 this morning. Made it through some more yoga and have some good physical plans for today so yeaah! it's good!

I kind of wonder if I was feeling more rested today because I didn't eat meat yesterday or because the physical activity is finally kicking in, or because the hormone levels are starting to level out. Bad scientist, there is no control here!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Week 1 Mini Challenge

Sunday 04.28

Tracking of food: yes
    With in calories: yes
    Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes gardening / yardwork
    Steps: 12103

Monday 04.28

Tracking of food: yes
    With in calories: yes
    Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes push lawn mower
    Steps: 17746 * this is super high. I aim for 10k a day.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @countrycreek great job! You're killing it with steps :)
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it's already getting into May. Definitely not where I thought I'd be by now, but I had some high expectations :p

Anyways, this week brought a small drop. 158.8 -> 158.2.

If anyone out there is well-versed in the physiological side of things, let me know! I'm curious if I may still be unbalanced in the eating and exercise department. It's so hard to know! My apple watch estimated that I burned nearly 3000 calories yesterday. I know they tend to overestimate, but realistically by how much? If I can/should eat more, I want to! I just haven't been dropping weight like I should according to my numbers :s
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    Weekly Challenge: Tuesday
    Tracking: Yup
    Calories: Yes!
    Exercise: 20+ minutes of yoga this morning, and then a 2 mile walk with Brody doing W1 D1 of the Zombies Run! C25K.

It feels really nice to even a slight uptick in energy. If i could just complete this C25K it'd be grand - I keep getting to week 3 and dammit, i already know that part of the story!
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge
    I decided to take the day off from my c25k and my ab challenge. My body is definitely feeling it. Last night I did day 1 of yoga with Adriene after my c25k and ab challenge, and it was way harder than expected! Will be doing some light stretching before bed tonight!

I'm doing Yoga with Jess (amazon prime video) and I have to say, i was a hurting kitten by day 3. I have to modify everything, but it's been worth sticking with it and I loved the day 4 stretch video - i keep that on standby now to do when i need it. ... of course, i'm only on day 8. and it's taken me 2 weeks to get there lol
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge
    I decided to take the day off from my c25k and my ab challenge. My body is definitely feeling it. Last night I did day 1 of yoga with Adriene after my c25k and ab challenge, and it was way harder than expected! Will be doing some light stretching before bed tonight!

I'm doing Yoga with Jess (amazon prime video) and I have to say, i was a hurting kitten by day 3. I have to modify everything, but it's been worth sticking with it and I loved the day 4 stretch video - i keep that on standby now to do when i need it. ... of course, i'm only on day 8. and it's taken me 2 weeks to get there lol

I'll have to look into that. Are they long videos? I have been using the daily yoga app before, but decided to give this one a shot... I will probably try day 1 again, and try getting into it again. It was 35 minutes of mostly torture for me haha
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Weekly Challenge: Tuesday
    Tracking: Yup
    Calories: Yes!
    Exercise: 20+ minutes of yoga this morning, and then a 2 mile walk with Brody doing W1 D1 of the Zombies Run! C25K.

It feels really nice to even a slight uptick in energy. If i could just complete this C25K it'd be grand - I keep getting to week 3 and dammit, i already know that part of the story!

I'm loving c25k. Tomorrow I will do week 2 day 3, and then I will hopefully give week 3 a go Thursday. I am just doing the zenlabs c25k, not Zombies Run
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    4/30
    tracked: yes
    activity: yes, 3+ hours project at work today

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    I'll have to look into that. Are they long videos? I have been using the daily yoga app before, but decided to give this one a shot... I will probably try day 1 again, and try getting into it again. It was 35 minutes of mostly torture for me haha

She runs about 20 to 25 minutes, so it's perfect for me in the morning as it gives me enough time to get something done but not so long that I can say oh, guess I don't have time.

My hope is that I get through the full 30 days and then go back and can actually do the full flow into plank and upward dog without having to huff and puff my way into a modified position. Seriously, doing the pidgeon today i had to adjust all my um bits so that I was getting the right stretch.

It is torture, but it's good torture? :smiley::neutral:
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    I'm loving c25k. Tomorrow I will do week 2 day 3, and then I will hopefully give week 3 a go Thursday. I am just doing the zenlabs c25k, not Zombies Run

Do you like zenlabs? I really appreciate that there is a story in the ZR app... but sadly I am clearly not that motivated if this is the er 4th attempt and i've yet to get past week 3 lol
This discussion has been closed.