brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Tuesday 4.29.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: not enough - 15 min of beginner yoga

Monday: yes
    Tuesday: no

I messed up on this post from earlier, I got my days all mixed up, something I'm good at. This for Monday. I also accidentally put in yes for Monday. The challenge starting on Sunday throws me off, as I always think of the week starting on Monday.

Mini Challenge
    Sunday : no
    Monday: no
    Tuesday: no - Today was my daughter's birthday and we had a birthday lunch with family and didn't get a chance to exercise either.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    I'm loving c25k. Tomorrow I will do week 2 day 3, and then I will hopefully give week 3 a go Thursday. I am just doing the zenlabs c25k, not Zombies Run

Do you like zenlabs? I really appreciate that there is a story in the ZR app... but sadly I am clearly not that motivated if this is the er 4th attempt and i've yet to get past week 3 lol

I also was doing ZR and really liked the story but couldnt get past week 5. I was stuck there for like a month. I needed to change things up and am doing a completely different interval training plan for a few weeks.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @countrycreek great job! You're killing it with steps :)

My legs felt it.. for sure. Thank you! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I'm loving c25k. Tomorrow I will do week 2 day 3, and then I will hopefully give week 3 a go Thursday. I am just doing the zenlabs c25k, not Zombies Run

Do you like zenlabs? I really appreciate that there is a story in the ZR app... but sadly I am clearly not that motivated if this is the er 4th attempt and i've yet to get past week 3 lol

I do like that I can play my music over the app, and it lowers my music when it's time to switch. There's no storyline to it, and there isn't too much talking. I do appreciate that she tells me I am "on run #_ of _" and also let's me know when I am halfway. I'm not sure how ZR is setup, but I like how my app is set up. It is easy to navigate, and I can look at what the next days will be bringing me... I just find that being able to listen to my music helps me set a pace and push through the workout. I think I will be more excited when I can run even longer!
    I'll have to look into that. Are they long videos? I have been using the daily yoga app before, but decided to give this one a shot... I will probably try day 1 again, and try getting into it again. It was 35 minutes of mostly torture for me haha

She runs about 20 to 25 minutes, so it's perfect for me in the morning as it gives me enough time to get something done but not so long that I can say oh, guess I don't have time.

My hope is that I get through the full 30 days and then go back and can actually do the full flow into plank and upward dog without having to huff and puff my way into a modified position. Seriously, doing the pidgeon today i had to adjust all my um bits so that I was getting the right stretch.

It is torture, but it's good torture? :smiley::neutral:

That is not a terribly long time! I like Daily Yoga because there are so many categories to choose from, but of course they're always sending push notifications to try to get you to upgrade. My main problem is that I very easily get stuck in a routine, and I tend to repeat the yoga that's most "comfortable " for me. That's why I really want to try to fully get with these 30-day challenges. I need to have *some* spontaneity, even if I'm not the one making it spontaneous :lol:

I have been trying to do everything unmodified, but if I do one of these, I'll have to. Adriene likes to do plank but move around a bit while planking, and that definitely did a number on my arms! But I'm like you, cant plank into downward dog. I have to lift from my knees into downward dog... I used to think yoga was just "easy" before I tried it myself!

I now have to look up what the pigeon is!
  • miakelaa
    miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, April 30
    Logged food: Yes
    Net deficit: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - Orangetheory class
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    April 29
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)

April 30
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 2 mile walk)
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    4/30:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 35 min step aerobics
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    May Wk1

Fri Apr 26th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 44 mins gym, 73 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 11,317

Saturday Apr 27th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, running around the house and up and down stairs to get my steps after shopping haha, 65 mins fit bit active
    Fit bit steps - 12,095

Sunday Apr 28th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 40 min gym and 1.5hr walk, 169 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 16,780

Monday Apr 29th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise -yes, 1hr yoga and home workout
    Fit bit stats - 14,636 steps & 98 mins active

Tues Apr 30th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, home workout
    Fit bit stats - 17,234 steps & 97 mins active
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week242.5
    This week 243.5 ummmmmmmmmmm I’ve eaten right and worked out no cheat days so hopefully this means that I’m gaining hella muscle🤬😐😑

@drea2011, I hope that that is what it means also!! Maybe taking some measurements wouldn't be a bad idea!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    May Wk1

Fri Apr 26th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 44 mins gym, 73 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 11,317

Saturday Apr 27th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, running around the house and up and down stairs to get my steps after shopping haha, 65 mins fit bit active
    Fit bit steps - 12,095

Sunday Apr 28th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 40 min gym and 1.5hr walk, 169 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 16,780

Monday Apr 29th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise -yes, 1hr yoga and home workout
    Fit bit stats - 14,636 steps & 98 mins active

Tues Apr 30th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, home workout
    Fit bit stats - 17,234 steps & 97 mins active

Great week!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes elliptical and a lot of walking at work.

I decided to take the day off from my c25k and my ab challenge. My body is definitely feeling it. Last night I did day 1 of yoga with Adriene after my c25k and ab challenge, and it was way harder than expected! Will be doing some light stretching before bed tonight!

I think days off are important. What abs challenge are you doing?
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Tuesday April 30 Mini Challenge

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: 3 mile run
    Net steps: 15,845

I had a good day yesterday. I've noticed that when I get in a run it is so much easier to stay under calories vs. when I walk. I have to be at work from 7am-9pm today because there's an academic banquet (I work in guidance in a high school), and I am not sure what food is being provided. I am hoping to get in a walk and stay under my calories today. Have a happy Wednesday, everyone!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge

I decided to take the day off from my c25k and my ab challenge. My body is definitely feeling it. Last night I did day 1 of yoga with Adriene after my c25k and ab challenge, and it was way harder than expected! Will be doing some light stretching before bed tonight!

I downloaded an app off of the play store and it's called 30 Day Challenge. There are a bunch of different ones, I chose Ab Challenge Medium 1. I probably could have done Easy 1, but I thought I would give it a shot. It is pretty difficult for me, but I think I will be able to make it through. I am on day 7.

Rest days are important, usually I make my days off (Thursday/Sunday) rest days. But, I do try to get some activity in (walking). Because I have Saturday and Sunday off this week, I am going to do an extra session of c25k on Thursday so I will not worry about not doing *as much* on Saturday.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge

I downloaded an app off of the play store and it's called 30 Day Challenge. There are a bunch of different ones, I chose Ab Challenge Medium 1. I probably could have done Easy 1, but I thought I would give it a shot. It is pretty difficult for me, but I think I will be able to make it through. I am on day 7.

Rest days are important, usually I make my days off (Thursday/Sunday) rest days. But, I do try to get some activity in (walking). Because I have Saturday and Sunday off this week, I am going to do an extra session of c25k on Thursday so I will not worry about not doing *as much* on Saturday.

I usually try to walk on my rest days too, great job planning your week around exercise! I think I'm going to check out the ab challenge, but I don't have great core strength and will probably start out with easy :)
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 29 Mini challenge
    Tracked- Yes
    Under- Yes
    Exercise- 60 minutes Orange Theory, 20 minutes walking
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 30 Mini challenge

Tracked- No
    Under- No
    Exercise- No
  • crab5005
    crab5005 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    My Monday weigh-in crew:

@brandi_84, @countrycreek, @crab5005, @heaz10 and @miakelaa

276.4. Okay so I was a total dud for the team and the challenge but I am going to do better for May!
  • crab5005
    crab5005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For this mini-challenge concept, I see many dates before May 1 and it confuses me. Is the challenge the month of May or some other date range?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    crab5005 wrote: »
    For this mini-challenge concept, I see many dates before May 1 and it confuses me. Is the challenge the month of May or some other date range?

Our month started Sunday. Each week runs through Saturday. We don't always start on the first day of the month.
This discussion has been closed.