Options

Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under 1250
    Exercise: Ran 4.3 miles, walked the dog 11 minutes.
    Day: Fairly good day today. Glad the school year is wrapping up! Feeling super tired tonight. I'm not looking forward to that 4:20 a.m. alarm!

Thank you all for your support.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday (4/30)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under, Limit: 1500/1474 (again)
    Water: 28 cups
    Exercise: Walked during commercials, weights (22 mins, arms), Yoga (36 minutes)
    Day: Well, grocery website lied to me and told me a product was available when it wasn't so had to go with something about the same price but 3 lbs less of product. I had an alright day. Still dealing with the depression. I can get the high from exercise or laughing, but once it's gone I crash again. This evening I had planned to finish off my steps for the day and do a few flights of stairs. However, as I type this tornado sirens are going off. There are two warnings intersecting my city. I'm watching the news. They tell me it will hit the southeast and north part of town. They listed off the streets and it's a couple of miles away from me. I have packed my emergency bag just in case things change. I'm ready to shove Alex in his carry and book it downstairs to the bottom of the stairwell. The sirens are going off for central Springfield due to the high winds coming at almost 75 mph. So, if I am not seen for a couple of days it's due to power outage and I can't find a place to charge. I have packed my chargers. Ah, it looks like they have lifted one of our tornado warnings. Well that's enough of the news. Good night.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post 4/30
    Calories: Under
    Water: almost enough
    Exercise: a good 45 minutes of Taekwondo, in full uniform, in a building with virtually no air conditioning. Also the hour of darting from my chair to chase my 18 m/o to keep her off the floor during my son and daughters class has to count for something.
    Day: I got out early to take my car to the mechanic on my day off, and it turned out to be a quicker trip than I assumed, so I managed to get a few things accomplished this afternoon as far as meal planning and prep were concerned. Hopefully that helps me to stay on track, so that when I leave for our waterpark excursion Friday week i can wear the bathing suit I want to wear, and not just wear my other one out of necessity.
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    twitch82
    Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 161.2
    Current Weight: 160.8

Sorry I missed weigh in last week. I've had a rough couple of weeks, my aunt and a close friend passed away a week apart from each other. Its been rough but I'm ready to get back into working on me.
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Headed to Florida in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday (driving). My weight has stayed the same for the past three days 😑 and I haven’t been able to exercise much due to piriformis syndrome (aka deep butt muscle inflammation), but I am able to get some walking in. Hope everyone has a great day. I will do my best to check in, after this trip is done, I will be more active. I’ve had a lot going on for the past few weeks. Welcome to the new folks. 💕
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post 4/30
    Tracked:yes
    Calories: over by 280
    Exercise: yes! 14,000 steps for the day.

Deep thoughts: Yesterday (4/30) I purchased some sushi at a food stand in the city to take back to the hotel for dinner in my room. They were getting ready to close for the day and said "buy 2, get 1 free" so that's what I did. When I got back to my room to settle in for the night, I wasn't even very hungry but ate all of the sushi because of my hatred of waste. I need to stop this. Today (5/1) is a new day and if I am satisfied before I finish eating what I've purchased, I will throw it out!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: 100 over
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: Didn't get to do any kind of exercises today. We had severe thunderstorms and lightning so I had to keep my little one entertained the whole evening till bedtime because she is really terrified of storms. Back on my exercising tomorrow.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @jwall309 & @j0d13mcc love the conversation and insight. Yes being social with like-minded people sure does help. Thank you for sharing. Except I’m sitting at the table. If I sit on the floor too long, I won’t be able to get up. LOL I do the positive affirmation every morning. My "reward" for doing them daily was to buy myself an encouragement card. I'm going to write myself a good thought out note to self. Then seal it, and give it to my mom to mail in the future and not tell me. My hope is that I'll always be able to look upon it knowing that I CAN succeed and continue to improve, even on hard days. Never give up. I'm reading them more at night too before I sign off. It's helping me now to not go grab an after dinner snack.
    /quote]

@johicks I really love reading about your journey, it sounds like its been tough at time but you've learned alot about yourself and you know how to manage the challenging moments. Well done to you and thank you for being so supportive here!! You're a treasure!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under, 1364/1390
    Exercise: No, fell asleep on the couch after work while BF cooked dinner...oops lol
    Water: Drank a good amount during the day, didn't have any with dinner but then still felt hungry after eating a serving, so I downed a giant glass of water instead and waited....sure enough I felt satisfied after that. Always trying to remember and remind myself that sometimes I'm just thirsty, not hungry.
    Day: A solid Tuesday, BF made an Indian dish called daal for dinner that I had never had before. I was concerned about calories and taste (I can be a picky eater, although that is something I've been working really hard on as an adult) But great news was it was delicious, filling, and well within calorie budget for the day!

Today I decided to readjust my MFP diary settings. I had it set on 2 pounds a week, which while for the first two months of this journey has worked, I feel a little bit of burnout and I'm trying to set myself up for success. @j0d13mcc Yes, I am trying to figure out a plan to push past the 3 months mark as it is coming up rather quickly! Part of that is adjusting my settings to a more moderate rate of weight loss and not being so extreme. April wasn't as successful as February or March for me and it was because of excess eating on the weekends. So I'm doing an experiment for May. I upped my daily calorie goal in hopes that if I give myself more leeway during the week I wont feel the need to overeat on the weekends. I'm going to do that for the month of May, see what happens, and adjust if need be for June. I'm going to keep my Sunday eat-at-maintenance day, but lately that has creeped into Friday night and Saturday as well, so I'm going to focus my efforts on keeping my weekends as healthy as I can! And May is the one month of Spring D.C. gets before it gets super humid and hot, so @rachelgoff3716 and I have already planned some outdoor hikes and walks as our weekend social activities instead of brunch or happy hour! I am confident this will be a better month for me. I am taking the steps to set myself up for success, which is key!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today I played basketball for the first time in about 3 years! I have had lots of injuries and put on lots of weight but today I felt happy and light even though I still have a good bit of weight to lose. I also stayed within my carb, calorie and abstinence goals.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    HI! 🙋 @rachelgoff3716 - look forward to hearing from you. How fun to be a friend first, now an MFP buddy w/Jessica.

@jwall309 ~ Jessica. 👏 Wonderful "floor" talk and self-talk of you to evaluate your progress and the weekends. 🔑 🔑 🔑 like you said for success. I am doing something similar for May. Let's be sure to share our individual results if not to help one another but to be sure to learn more about ourselves for the long haul. Great idea to have "physical" girls time out vs. "eating out." 👭 D.C~ Cherry 🌸🌸... so beautiful. I live in MI 🍒 cherry country!! 🍒

Interesting fact. Traverse City, MI is known as the National Cherry Capitol. They used to have a big festival based on when cherries were ready. As the weather changed, the harvest season varied too much for the festival to plan accordingly. So they moved it to be on the week of 4th of July. And ever since, the local cherries aren't ready. So they have to have cherries shipped in from the state of Washington. Crazy, eh!? I worked in the cherry industry for 20 years. Glad I'm done with that part of my life.

• j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under, 1364/1390
    Exercise: No, fell asleep on the couch after work while BF cooked dinner...oops lol
    Water: Drank a good amount during the day, didn't have any with dinner but then still felt hungry after eating a serving, so I downed a giant glass of water instead and waited....sure enough I felt satisfied after that. Always trying to remember and remind myself that sometimes I'm just thirsty, not hungry.
    Day: A solid Tuesday, BF made an Indian dish called daal for dinner that I had never had before. I was concerned about calories and taste (I can be a picky eater, although that is something I've been working really hard on as an adult) But great news was it was delicious, filling, and well within calorie budget for the day!

Today I decided to readjust my MFP diary settings. I had it set on 2 pounds a week, which while for the first two months of this journey has worked, I feel a little bit of burnout and I'm trying to set myself up for success. @j0d13mcc Yes, I am trying to figure out a plan to push past the 3 months mark as it is coming up rather quickly! Part of that is adjusting my settings to a more moderate rate of weight loss and not being so extreme. April wasn't as successful as February or March for me and it was because of excess eating on the weekends. So I'm doing an experiment for May. I upped my daily calorie goal in hopes that if I give myself more leeway during the week I wont feel the need to overeat on the weekends. I'm going to do that for the month of May, see what happens, and adjust if need be for June. I'm going to keep my Sunday eat-at-maintenance day, but lately that has creeped into Friday night and Saturday as well, so I'm going to focus my efforts on keeping my weekends as healthy as I can! And May is the one month of Spring D.C. gets before it gets super humid and hot, so @rachelgoff3716 and I have already planned some outdoor hikes and walks as our weekend social activities instead of brunch or happy hour! I am confident this will be a better month for me. I am taking the steps to set myself up for success, which is key!

Thats really quite inspiring. These milestones are tough but I think pushing past them is the difference between a diet and a lifestyle change...or at least thats what I tell myself. If I struggle, I remind myself that I want the lifestyle not just another fad diet...its working for now! Good luck @jwall309
  • johicks
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Today I played basketball for the first time in about 3 years! I have had lots of injuries and put on lots of weight but today I felt happy and light even though I still have a good bit of weight to lose. I also stayed within my carb, calorie and abstinence goals.

Good for you. 👏. That's exciting for sure. Keep it up.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: I've been feeling sluggish and tired all day, might be the weather's fault, it's been a gray and dreary day. Now time to relax in bed and watch some TV.

@johicks my daughter is 9. We had fun in her tent during the storm, well except for my knees weren't happy about being cramped up 😊
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: about 30 calories over...forgot to count something from breakfast, dang it.
    Exercise: strength training - biceps and back, and 12 min walk with the dog.
    Goal/Day: Much better day today, stress wise and weather wise. Got housework caught up tonight too...woohoo.
  • johicks
    Options
    j0d13mcc wrote: »
    If I struggle, I remind myself that I want the lifestyle not just another fad diet...its working for now!

Thanks for this reminder!!

• johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/01
    Track: Yes! Every calorie, every bit, every sip; and hit diary complete.
    Calories: 1600 allowed / 1596 consumed
    Exercise: 20m marching, 10m walk,
    8+ water: 10 cups
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day: 30 minutes
    • Night Routine:
      ~Change clothes & Attitude
      ~Wash face / Brush Hair
      ~Hot tea
      ~One snack after dinner -
      ~Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”
    I had to be focused at work to not be on the receiving end if someone trying to transfer their stress to me. I took cleansing breaths, walked to the back if the building, then took a 10 minute walk outside. Also knew that after visiting with mom that if go home to food hubby had for himself for lunch/dinner. I saved calories for that!! And it worked. I was able to feel partake in a little, track, and not over indulge. YES! Feels great.
  • johicks
    Options
    jupdyke wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: about 30 calories over...forgot to count something from breakfast, dang it.
    Exercise: strength training - biceps and back, and 12 min walk with the dog.
    Goal/Day: Much better day today, stress wise and weather wise. Got housework caught up tonight too...woohoo.

Woohoo!! 30 is better than 300! So glad today was better for you, Jen.
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: I've been feeling sluggish and tired all day, might be the weather's fault, it's been a gray and dreary day. Now time to relax in bed and watch some TV.

@johicks my daughter is 9. We had fun in her tent during the storm, well except for my knees weren't happy about being cramped up 😊

ANOTHER good.day. You rock!! Playing in a tent sounds like fun. Weather is cold and rainy here. My bones are chilled.
This discussion has been closed.