Jp's omad journey

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    YAY!
    Oh I hear ya on working out. I was supposed to start up and just.. ugh... I hate it :P lol
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Great news! Just see the tendency - you are down from your dreaded 60. This is how my wloss works as well. :0) Be happy.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @volgirl1322 - Oh yes, zumba is a wonderful way for me to let down my hair and have some fun :blush::)

@LiLee2018 - Yup, I am trying to get back to zumba... :lol: So far, by 20 mins I am huffing and puffing :lol:

@SoulSisterSoulBrother - You are so right <3 No more 60s :+1: Just have to keep going and never give up :)

Week 41
    CW: 58.1kg (127.8lbs)

Good afternoon OMAD-ers!

We had a very bad storm yesterday night and a little tornado ripped through a caravan park which is around 45 mins from my little town :( Thank goodness no one was injured! Went to do my grocery shopping today and was delighted to see some yummy persimmon fruits. Yeah, its back in season! I love these babies :)<3

Managed to do nearly 20 mins of zumba last evening before I was huffing and puffing. Felt good about it as it has been ages....its good to be back even though I am still not 100% fit yet. I will get there :)

I also jumped onto my little scale and am happy to see that I am now at 58.1kg (127.8lbs). So, I guess even 20 mins of zumba counts :):wink: Will keep trying to zumba longer :+1: Not sure if I should be a little more ambitious and put my May GW to 56kg (123.2lbs)? If I do that, it means I will have to loose 2.1kg (4.6lbs). Wondering if its achievable since I am very slow when it comes to loosing weight? :confused:

Today’s Date: 2 May 2019
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Height: 160cm ( 5 feet 2)
    Weight Goal for the Month of May: 57kg (125.4lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 58.1kg (127.8lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, 3 glasses. Hope to reach at least 7 by tonight
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Zumba in the evening :)
    Hours slept: 5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: 1/2 bowl rice, Cauliflower & Fish steak in Tom Yum Soup and 1 persimmon fruit.
    Thoughts : Going to try my best to get down to my May GW. Not sure if I should change my May GW to 56kg (123.2lbs)?

That's all for now! Have a wonderful Thursday everyone :)<3

UGW = 50kg /110lbs by Dec 2019
    CW = 58.1kg (127.8lbs)
    8.1kg (17.8lbs) to loose to get to GW
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing great and glad you enjoyed Zumba! Those classes are a ton of fun.

How about making your GW for May 124 ---it is kinds in the middle and you wouldn't be disappointed if you didn't reach it and just reached the 125 ---for me I have to do something for my goal that I know I have a chance if I work super hard but if I don't then I am also okay with it. I get in my head sometimes too much about the numbers.....that is a struggle I think we all face :)

Good luck!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Great job exercising! Heck, 20mins is still 20mins :)

We have a few yr old persimmon tree in our backyard and last year was the first year we actually got a BIG harvest from it. I don't eat them since I'm keto but my mom was extremely happy with the giant box of them we gave her lol.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I can't wait to do some Zumba again, it really is fun. I have a problem knee at this time, but when it's better, I'll be doing some :-)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your small goal! You are not very heavy at all now, though I understand you want the nice cushion an even lower weight will provide, but one of the downsides of being so close to goal is losing a bit more slowly than at a heavier weight. I think it'll work great for you! I'm in agreement with @volgirl1322 that maybe shoot for 124 :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I think you should keep your goal the same and if you lose more then it will be a bonus :)
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Need all the luck that I can get :) I love Zumba <3 I am too obsessed with numbers, I think :lol: I also know that I loose weight very very slow too :weary:

@LiLee2018 - OMG, if I were you neighbour, you will be chasing me out of your garden... :lol: I love love love persimmons <3 Yes, you are right, 20 mins of zumba is still 20 mins of exercising and its around 116 calories burnt :)

@wsandy8512 - Yes, I love zumba <3 If you have problems with your knees, you can always go for the Zumba Chair Routine, that rocks too :+1: I hear what ya :) I notice that some people loose slower when they get closer to their GW and other that will just zoom towards that GW. I guess I will just have to loose it slowly but surely :)

@Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 Yes, it would be a bonus indeed :)

Week 41
    CW: Didn't have time to weigh-in :(

Good afternoon OMAD-ers!

I have to make today a cheat day for me as I was woken-up by an emergency :( Long story short, a friend of mine called me early this morning as she was in a crisis. Drove to her place and talked to her for awhile and told her to give me some time to get my kids' lunch boxes ready and whisked them to school. I know that not all men are bad but this is just too much :( She just got married not even 1 year yet and she found out that her hubby is cheating on her :( Thank goodness she is a strong person but seeing her like so, I wish I could do more. She was eating bags and bags of chips and feeding me too. We love eating chips when we were kids, it was our comfort food :) Also made her her favourite Meaty Stuffed French Loaf which we always make for each other whenever we were sad, another comfort food :) Have known her since kinder and this just breaks my heart :( So, low carb diet is thrown out of the window for today. I know that if I don't eat, she will not eat either. Managed to get her Mom to come down to look after her too, thank the good Lord for Mothers. Have to go to work too or I will not be able to put food on the table for our family.

Today’s Date: 3 May 2019
    Todays Plan: Un-Planned Cheat Day
    Height: 160cm ( 5 feet 2)
    Weight Goal for the Month of May: 56.6kg (125lbs)
    Today’s Weight: Did not weigh-in
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, 2 glasses. Hope to reach at least 7 by tonight
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Nil
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Lay's Chips, Meaty Stuffed French Loaf & Grapes.
    Thoughts : Don't want to think about this unexpected cheat day :( Hope my kinder buddy will be A-OK <3

Good luck with your Friday's weigh-in, OMADers!

Have a wonderful weekend <3<3<3

CW = 58.1kg (127.8lbs)
    8.1kg (17.8lbs) to loose to get to GW
  • volgirl1322
    OH NO so sorry about your friend. Sometimes LIFE HAPPENS and we have to go along with it. You will get back on track when you ready!
  • LiLee2018
    UGH That sucks for your friend. UGH I don't understand cheating at all.
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Yes, it happens and somehow, it always happens to people who are good and kind-hearted.

@LiLee2018 - Well, it happens a lot here, sadly :(

Week 42
    CW: 58.2kg (128lbs)

Good morning OMADers :)

Been MIA for a while as I was helping my friend packing up her stuff and moving it to her Mom's house. We had to make quite a number of trips as she has a lot of stuff. Thankfully, her Mom's house is just 2 hours away. Everything is settled now and she is going for her counselling sessions.

I have not really focus on my dieting. It was more like going to work, helping my friend in the evenings and coming home around 1am plus for the past week. Its really hard to drive at night as there's always koalas, kangaroos and wallabies running across the road at night. Thank the good Lord that I was safe and sound. Of course hubby wasn't too happy that I put my friend first before my family as our 2 kids kept driving him nuts asking where was I (that's how me phrased it). Oh well, everything is back to normal now and I am climbing back up onto my wagon once again.

Weighed myself this morning and it flashes 58.2kg (128lbs). I can't complain as I did nothing much. Going to start OMAD again today. What a time to get back up onto the wagon as its Mother's Day this weekend... :lol: Secondly, I went to the doctor's this morning for my check-up and good golly, I have shrunk. I am no longer 160cm, I am now 158cm. My doctor said that its due to aging changes in the bones, muscles, and joint. After saying that, he sent me for several tests :( Had a very early OMAD after the doctors.

Today’s Date: 10 May 2019
    Height: 158cm ( 5 feet 2)
    Today’s Weight: 58.2kg (128lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, 1 glass. Hope to reach at least 7 by tonight
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Zumba this evening
    Hours slept: 5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Rice noodles, fried egg, mixed vegetable salad and curry chicken. For drinks, black tea with a little sugar.
    Thoughts : Am back up onto the wagon. Hope that I can see 57 region soon! Work hard and don't give up!

Have a wonderful weekend, you guys!

Happy Mother's Day too <3
    eufze1slozpq.jpg

CW = 58.2kg (128lbs)
    8.2kg (18lbs) to loose to get to GW
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    18 pounds in nothing. You have it in the bag! It seems more than it is, you just need to keep going. :0)
  • jadepearl
    @SoulSisterSoulBrother - Thank you <3 I sure hope that I can get down to my GW of 50kg before the end of this year :)

Week 42
    CW: 57.9kg (127.3lbs)

Good evening OMADers :)

Just a short post as I am packing up to go for a small dinner gathering. Weighed myself this morning and I am now 57.9kg (127.3lbs). Its not a lot but I will take it :) Mother's Day is here and it starts with this gathering tonight. Sure hope I will not eat too much, fingers cross! Tomorrow, the kids told me that I will be having breakfast in bed. Can't wait as its nice to be pampered even though its only once a year...lol :lol:

Take care and enjoy being pampered <3

CW = 57.9kg (128lbs)
    7.9kgkg (17.3lbs) to loose to get to GW
  • jadepearl
    Good afternoon OMADers😘

Hope that your Mother's day went well 😍🌹 Kids brought me breakfast in bed 💖 and gave me presents that they made from school. 💞 In the afternoon, a group of my friends came over to bring me cafe hopping😁. Drove 45 mins to a bigger town and we went to a hotel for lunch. Then we went to another cafe for its famous gigantic milkshakes & waffles. We then went to another dessert cafe to have desert & coffee. After that we went shopping for winter clothes. After that, we went for High Tea. I tried to control my calories but in the end I gave up and just enjoyed myself🤣🤣😁😉

Here's photos of our gigantic milkshakes
    73zx5re5eea2.jpg

56yg0s03b7zo.jpg

Here is a photo of our High Tea
    lvjvg3zh0c10.jpg

Did I weigh myself this morning? Nope😔 as I know I have gained A Lot of weight. But, it was worth it to catch up with friends💖👌😜

Going back up onto the wagon and try to loose this Mother's day weight gain😔😢👍

Just wanted to share this as it touches my heart
    ♥️💖My mother was my first country, the first place I ever lived.” ― Nayyirah Waheed♥️💖

Am sitting here at 3.20pm typing this while waiting for my kids to come out from school 😁😋
  • volgirl1322
    <3<3 love the foods!!!!
  • wsandy8512
    I’m cracking up “Giant milkshakes with pancakes... then for dessert” 😂😂😂 Girl, that’s hilarious, a meal of sweet stuff with a sweet treat and then a sweet dessert. Sounds like you had a blast. Love it!
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Oh yes, I love the food too :yum: After that huge indulgence, I really have to work my butts off this week to get it off :lol :tired_face:

@wsandy8512 - My girlfriends just love sweet treats. Once we went down to Melbourne and went dessert bar hopping. After I came back from that trip, I didn't touch any sweet treats for nearly 2 weeks :lol: This is the dessert which I shared with one friends after the milkshakes. We are so bad... :naughty:
    779tbul66c19.jpg

Week 43
    CW: didn't weigh-in this morning

Good morning OMADers :)

Had a busy morning as my 2 kids are doing their NAPLAN (The National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy for the whole AUS). Had to make sure that everything is packed and ready for their exams. As always silly old me will write little notes to my kids to encourage them to do well and to tell them that I love them always and forever <3

Hubby wanted an early lunch, so I made brunch for both of us. OMAD at 11.30am with Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy with lots of wongbok, cabbage, carrots, spring onion, prawns and chicken meat. I also ate a mandarin orange for dessert. Therefore, in total it would be roughly 729 cals for today.

Today’s Date: 13 May 2019
    Today’s Weight: -
    Today’s Water Consumed: 7 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): 30 mins Zumba Aerobics
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Mcdonald's Fillet of Fish, 10 chips and small coke and Kit Kat Bar. Total calories - 1079.
    Thoughts : Have to get down to at least 56.9 - 57kg before this month is over!

Today’s Date: 14 May 2019
    Today’s Weight: -
    Today’s Water Consumed: 2 glasses so far.
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Hoping to do 30 mins Zumba Aerobics this evening.
    Hours slept: 5.5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Rice Noodle in Egg Gravy with lots of veggies, prawns and chicken and a mandarin orange. Total calories - 729
    Thoughts : Didn't dare to weigh-in. Can feel that I have gained lots of weight after the Mother's day adventure. Will weigh-in when I feel more comfortable.

Looking at the clock, its almost 12 noon. Better get going before I am late again for my appointment. I also notice that I make a lot of typo error, apologies for my spelling errors. :disappointed:

Take care and have a wonderful Tuesday <3

• LiLee2018
    Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day and MAN those milkshakes look good! Dang lol.
    Just remember that even if you did gain some for mother's day (think we all did lol)... it will come back off. You're doing great!
  • volgirl1322
    the food looks awesome!!!! Yep ---that weight will disappear ---just stay the course!
  • wsandy8512
    LMAO, I bet, I don't think I'd want sweets for a while after that, either. Your dishes sound delicious!