WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Hello team! I’m sorry I just disappeared last month. I had a very busy birthday month and travelling then my surgery. It was all a bit chaotic and overwhelming to say the least.

I am happy to say all went well with my surgery. I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and finally starting to feel a bit more like myself again. The surgeon removed 6lbs of skin from my tummy. I am still dealing with quite a bit of swelling and a hematoma that has formed on my lower abdomen. This is currently being drained twice a week.

I have now set myself small goals to get back to where I was by the time I reach 6 weeks post op. My goal at the moment is at least 5,000 steps a day, 10 active minutes on my Fitbit, 5 floors climed a day. I am doing good with my food and water intake and now that I’m no longer on the heavy duty meds I will go back to doing IF next week.

Can I please be added back onto the challenge for May?

My starting weight is 163.9 (last Saturday)

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

Great to have you "home again" !! What day do you want your official weigh-in to be? Saturday?

Yea please! Saturday’s are my usual weigh in days. Thanks!!
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    First time weighing in and wasn't sure what info you need!

I weighed 280.9 today!!
    4.4 pound loss 🎉🎉🎉
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    5/9
    Steps 17611
    Water 120oz
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I’m sorry I just disappeared last month. I had a very busy birthday month and travelling then my surgery. It was all a bit chaotic and overwhelming to say the least.

I am happy to say all went well with my surgery. I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and finally starting to feel a bit more like myself again. The surgeon removed 6lbs of skin from my tummy. I am still dealing with quite a bit of swelling and a hematoma that has formed on my lower abdomen. This is currently being drained twice a week.

I have now set myself small goals to get back to where I was by the time I reach 6 weeks post op. My goal at the moment is at least 5,000 steps a day, 10 active minutes on my Fitbit, 5 floors climed a day. I am doing good with my food and water intake and now that I’m no longer on the heavy duty meds I will go back to doing IF next week.

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

Great to have you "home again" !! What day do you want your official weigh-in to be? Saturday?

I have updated everything and put you in for Saturday. It is indeed great to have you back! Congratulations on your surgery results - even if the recovery is a bit harder than you hoped, it sounds like you are doing well and will be feeling amazing soon. That is a lot of skin! Your steps are impressive for so soon after the surgery, so take it easy when you need to, OK? Many hugs from all of us are flying your way!
  • jugar
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Thursday 5/9:
    Steps: 15374
    Water: 152.1oz

Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight: 194.8

BRAVA! You have made such progress - I think the difference in your exercise and diet commitment are to be commended. When you started out, you were there but less consistent and still struggling. Now look at you! Feel proud, and share what helped you really to stick with it this time. I'm sure your experiences will be helpful to anyone going through any discouragement. I know you'll hit some rough moments at some point too, but lately you have been on a really impressive streak. YES!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Really out of control eating today. Not sure why. Probably needed more water, but I wasn’t drinking like I should. I logged everything. Way over. But I’ll get myself back on track with my next meal.o

Steps Wednesday 8,100
    💦 84 ounces

Those days sure happen. Logging is humbling but good - and you'll be right back on track. Once you feel that good day, you'll be smiling again!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username: leni1us
    May Week 2
    Weigh in: Friday
    PW: 163.3
    CW: 162.8
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/9 - 11,367
    Forgot to track water
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

I weighed 280.9 today!!
    4.4 pound loss 🎉🎉🎉

Wow, that is super impressive! Congratulations!
  • jugar
    Options
    All the tracking and weights are up to date as of right now - lots of green on the weight loss part of the spreadsheet (green = LOSS) - WAY TO GO!! And the steps and water triple challenge is looking good. Keep those big numbers coming.

@bfitb440n2022 - your weigh-in is great! The "official" format is that you include last week's weight so that everyone can share in your glory, but I'll take then in any format they come. On time is my favourite quality of weigh-ins!

Share your tips and what worked for you - or what was really hard...
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Weigh in 1
    PW - 137
    CW - 133

I will still need to work hard over the weekend to not ruin everything by binge eating. I could easily return to 137 by Monday unfortunately.

I think most of us struggle with weekends. I am exactly the same. We can do this. Let’s stay strong and do our best. Well done on your loss this week!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

I have updated everything and put you in for Saturday. It is indeed great to have you back! Congratulations on your surgery results - even if the recovery is a bit harder than you hoped, it sounds like you are doing well and will be feeling amazing soon. That is a lot of skin! Your steps are impressive for so soon after the surgery, so take it easy when you need to, OK? Many hugs from all of us are flying your way!

Thank you! I had bonuses recovery would be this hard. I have really been struggling with pain and swelling. I’m hoping all the painkillers I’m taking don’t affect my weight too much. Taking it easy today as yesterday was very busy. Thanks for love 💕 .
  • mari_moulin
    Options

I weighed 280.9 today!!
    4.4 pound loss 🎉🎉🎉

Wowza!! What a great loss! Keep up the hard work!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    NSV's for me: today I put on a shirt which I couldn't button up 2 months ago. It fits!
    Also, my wedding ring, which I haven't worn for 10 years, finally fit me a few weeks ago but is now getting too loose!

Those are the best kinds of NSV’s. Congratulations!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Thursday 5/9:

BRAVA! You have made such progress - I think the difference in your exercise and diet commitment are to be commended. When you started out, you were there but less consistent and still struggling. Now look at you! Feel proud, and share what helped you really to stick with it this time. I'm sure your experiences will be helpful to anyone going through any discouragement. I know you'll hit some rough moments at some point too, but lately you have been on a really impressive streak. YES!

@jugar Thank you and you are right about the struggles and working on getting it right.

What really made me stick with it this time is I tell everyone it was because of my hubby having to watch what he eats due to being on a low cholesterol diet. But in all honesty even with this it is on me to stick with it or start over. My mind is in the right place or state and I am tired of starting over and over. I am 52, short (5’1.5”) and classified as obese, and not healthy. Plus, having more health issues now then in my 20's, 30's and early 40's. Every day is a struggle not to give up, but I decided to us MFP more than when I original joined in 2016. For me joining multiple challenges keeps me accountable, and having my food diary public. When I post everyone can see, and the same with my food diary. Then there is the grandchildren, who I enjoy being active with. When you are obese many things are hard to do, like walking up a hill or running. So, if I wanted to see my grandkids grow up, I need to be the best version of myself and healthy. Not to mention the compliments from my granddaughter when she notices my stomach isn’t as big, lol she the best!

Find what works for you or keeps you going and do it. It will not be the same as what works for me or the next person. Plus, there will be struggles and weeks with no lose or small loses, the main thing is don't let this derail you. In the past seeing no movement on the scale, or just a small amount lose, or even a increase would have sent me spiraling down very quickly into an eating binge, not today. There are so many things make me stick with it, and I could go on and on but then it would get boring, lol.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

Welcome back! Glad everything went well!
  • karenesg
    Options
    Thursday 5/9:

Congratulations! Awesome loss!!
  • karenesg
    Options
    BMcC9
    Week 1
    PW 135.2
    CW 135.6

Good maintain Barb!
  • karenesg
    Options

I weighed 280.9 today!!
    4.4 pound loss 🎉🎉🎉

Fantastic!! Keep up the good work! 🌟💥🍎
This discussion has been closed.