WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Hello team! I’m sorry I just disappeared last month. I had a very busy birthday month and travelling then my surgery. It was all a bit chaotic and overwhelming to say the least.

I am happy to say all went well with my surgery. I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and finally starting to feel a bit more like myself again. The surgeon removed 6lbs of skin from my tummy. I am still dealing with quite a bit of swelling and a hematoma that has formed on my lower abdomen. This is currently being drained twice a week.

I have now set myself small goals to get back to where I was by the time I reach 6 weeks post op. My goal at the moment is at least 5,000 steps a day, 10 active minutes on my Fitbit, 5 floors climed a day. I am doing good with my food and water intake and now that I’m no longer on the heavy duty meds I will go back to doing IF next week.

Can I please be added back onto the challenge for May?

My starting weight is 163.9 (last Saturday)

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

Welcome back! Glad everything went well!

Thank you! ❤️
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 193.3
    Todays Weight: 191.6
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    So I went to the nutritionist yesterday. I’m doing this for the following 30 days and I will see where it takes me…
    • Still allowed to have one cup of coffee a day, but that’s it
    • No sugary treats
    • No alcohol
    • Up two slices of whole wheat bread/equivalent grains per day max
    • I oz of cheese per day at most
    • Eat more olive oil, flaxseed, olives or nuts to increase my fats..
    • Eat three meals plus one snack, with protein at every meal or snack. I can have extra snacks but only vegetables.
    • All the vegetables I want except for white potatoes and corn, other starchy vegetables
    • Two fruits per day, for example one apple and 1/2 cup of grapes.
    • This should naturally get me to about 1500 calories.

Nothing terribly surprising to me, other than getting me to eat about another 100 to 200 cal and fat. They tell me that will increase satiety and keep me from overeating the carbs. It is also more protein than I am used to, but not crazy amounts, I think about 80g per day. They want me to do this to avoid losing muscle while I lose weight and then I can drop down to a lower level.

Well it it will interesting.

I’ll update progress periodically..
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Well I am a week late on the water challenge but I am now counting my water. I am up to between 8-10 cups a day, so 64-70 oz. I feel like I am floating away. LOL.
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    so happy for you @mari_moulin!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Username: Connie7355
    Previous Weight: 193.3
    Todays Weight: 191.6

Yahoo! Way to go Connie! Keep it up, you'll love the results 😊🤸‍♀️💥
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    So I went to the nutritionist yesterday. I’m doing this for the following 30 days and I will see where it takes me…
    • Still allowed to have one cup of coffee a day, but that’s it
    • No sugary treats
    • No alcohol
    • Up two slices of whole wheat bread/equivalent grains per day max
    • I oz of cheese per day at most
    • Eat more olive oil, flaxseed, olives or nuts to increase my fats..
    • Eat three meals plus one snack, with protein at every meal or snack. I can have extra snacks but only vegetables.
    • All the vegetables I want except for white potatoes and corn, other starchy vegetables
    • Two fruits per day, for example one apple and 1/2 cup of grapes.
    • This should naturally get me to about 1500 calories.

Nothing terribly surprising to me, other than getting me to eat about another 100 to 200 cal and fat. They tell me that will increase satiety and keep me from overeating the carbs. It is also more protein than I am used to, but not crazy amounts, I think about 80g per day. They want me to do this to avoid losing muscle while I lose weight and then I can drop down to a lower level.

Well it it will interesting.

I’ll update progress periodically..

Sounds like a very healthy and easy to sustain plan. Best to you! Yes, keep us posted!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Thursday 5/9:
    Steps: 15374
    Water: 152.1oz

Username: jlbtnc
    Previous Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight: 194.8

Congratulations! Awesome loss!!

@karenesg thank you
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most beautiful evenings of posts in a while - lots of different people, news, encouragements, reflections, and examples.

@Connie7355 - terrific loss! you are one of the quiet successes on this team. If there is anything we can do to support you and to learn from you, let us know!
    @Andreabroadley - it is so interesting to see the results of your consultation with the nutritionist. As you say, a lot is plain and somewhat obvious, but really sticking with it and making small changes in your daily intake can have a long-term impact. Looking forward to hearing how it goes! And well done on water increase... B)
    @karenesg - I just love it when you come through with your positive spirit and support! MORE!!! And how are YOU doing?
    @jlbtnc - thanks for letting us know more about your motivation and progress. It has been so helpful to see how it has changed. Keep up the great work!
    @kx7003 - that was some impressive loss this week. I know how weigh-in day can almost be permission to go a bit wild afterwards, though. What really worked for me was 6 days strictly to plan, and then 1 day of absolutely anything I wanted. If I had a craving on the other 6 days, I knew it would be okay on the free day. For me, that really worked, but there was only ONE free day. That has kept me on track for 7 years. And the free days have become less and less insane!
    @leni1us - you are the steadiest of the steady. Another great example! Are there tips and struggles you want to share? Go for it! But thanks for just being there taking the steps and sticking with the plan.

We are having some discussions among the moderators these days on what really works to help everyone no matter where you are. There have been a lot of challenges and other "events". What has worked or not worked for you? Any suggestions for keeping it real and relevant for all the team members?
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Previous Weight: 182
    Todays Weight: 182
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/10- 17,773
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    3wt360ts6grx.jpeg
    tf1ls8ruxomn.jpeg
    b7mol30o1tnn.jpeg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I’m sorry I just disappeared last month. I had a very busy birthday month and travelling then my surgery. It was all a bit chaotic and overwhelming to say the least.

I am happy to say all went well with my surgery. I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and finally starting to feel a bit more like myself again. The surgeon removed 6lbs of skin from my tummy. I am still dealing with quite a bit of swelling and a hematoma that has formed on my lower abdomen. This is currently being drained twice a week.

I have now set myself small goals to get back to where I was by the time I reach 6 weeks post op. My goal at the moment is at least 5,000 steps a day, 10 active minutes on my Fitbit, 5 floors climed a day. I am doing good with my food and water intake and now that I’m no longer on the heavy duty meds I will go back to doing IF next week.

Can I please be added back onto the challenge for May?

My starting weight is 163.9 (last Saturday)

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

So glad to see you back here, Mari! You are such a driving force and an inspiration. Happy to hear you are feeling more like yourself. Wow! What a brave girl and an amazing surgery. You’ve totally got this. Be good to yourself. ❤️
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 6,732
    💦 84 ounces
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Don't make me get out the Born To Nag photo, now...

Friday still due:
    @martinesther88
    @SANDYSA72
    @Kittu125

Due Saturday:
    @mari_moulin
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @allieelliott17

And late from yesterday:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17

Don't forget that the end of Saturday is the end of the week - get all your lovely stats in by then, so that we can tally them up and see how much the whole team lost and how many steps we took, etc. Thanks!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @karenesg and @jugar thanks so much!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Here it is:
    CW 219.0
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 163.9
    Todays Weight: 164.2

Steps:
    Fri - 6198

• Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Don't make me get out the Born To Nag photo, now...

Friday still due:
    @martinesther88
    @SANDYSA72
    @Kittu125

Due Saturday:
    @mari_moulin
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @allieelliott17

And late from yesterday:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17

Don't forget that the end of Saturday is the end of the week - get all your lovely stats in by then, so that we can tally them up and see how much the whole team lost and how many steps we took, etc. Thanks!

Hi @jugar

CW-183- 1 lbs increase 😰
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...

After a bit of discussion, the moderators are going to be changing it up a bit for the remaining month of May.

We are going to be eliminating the Moderators Challenge as it stands now. Instead, we are going to try introducing a Moderators Topic of the Week. This will be spearheaded by Greg and I welcome any feedback about the change.

The Moderators Topic of the Week will be an informative (and interactive) discussion on things like nutrition, dieting, fitness, etc. and will be designed to provide more "support" to the challengers in the group.

The weekly "Team Challenge" will continue as it has right along and will continue to rotate to a different team each week. I remind the team captains that the weekly challenges do not need to be elaborate, sometimes basic is just as good if not better.

Thanks
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.