Week 1
    Friday
    PW-186.6
    CW - 186.8

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    f65cal9nflf7.jpeg
    Haven’t announced this to many but it’s time. A few weeks ago I finished my classes and got my certification to foster/adopt a child. Last week I finished my home study and now the waiting begins. My heart has wanted and dreamed of a little girl for many years. To be honest, I thought I was too old. I’m glad that wasn’t true. There are so many kids out there who need a good home. I’m praying God sends me the one who needs me. I’m nervous and excited at the same time. So pray for me...as my life is completely changed, in a good way.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms this weekend!

THIS IS AMAZING. I try to read the different teams' threads when I have time. I just picked this one at random this evening, and hit on this. I adopted an amazing child in 1998. He was 2 years old when he came to us, and is now 22. I had one biological child, born when I was 38, and then could not have any more. I did not want to raise the Princess of the Universe, so my husband and I looked into adoption, and ended up with the most amazing kid a few years later. He had a cleft lip and palate, needed all the surgeries he should have had from a very young age. He was malnourished, but had had good basic care in a difficult situation. It was the best decision we ever made, even though during the first 6 months we thought we might have made a HUGE mistake! Our family is so much stronger because of this adoption. I know lots of adoptive families, some with harder stories than ours, but I commend you for this decision @jessicakrall ! Get in touch any time if you want to talk about the crazy roller coaster.... And happy mother's day!
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,765 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I started inputting steps on the step sheet tonight and then got to @jessicakrall8 post about a new sheet that includes water so now I'm utterly confused because I don't see that sheet. I'd like to step down as step counter because it appears that it is in good hands and too many chiefs makes for confusion.
  • JesusGirl62
    Options
    These are my steps for the week (since I've been on vacation)

5/5 - 10452
    5/6 - 11442
    5/7 - 18653
    5/8 - 15430
    5/9 - 8913
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I'm late for Thursday checkin. Tried to do it yesterday and my phone died.
    kmfeig87
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 140
    CW 140.5

• kmfeig87
    Options
    Steps & water
    5/4 18,058 128 oz
    5/5 12,816 96 oz
    5/6 15,248 128 oz
    5/7 18,531 128 oz
    5/8 6,413 96 oz
    5/9 15,650 128 oz
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @mulecanter Thanks for the amber alert! Glad you are recovering well from the implant surgery!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 What exciting news! Thinking of you and praying for you and your foster child! What a wonderful gift!
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    5/7 - 10,908
    5/8 - 6,087
    5/9 - 8,481

I hope that everyone is going to have a great weekend.
    If your a mother, enjoy your day, I hope you spend time with your family. They are special people.
    If not have a great day no matter what. It's supposed to be a nice day here in BC. I hope you have the same.

9i7puhcsvuql.jpg
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...

After a bit of discussion, the moderators are going to be changing it up a bit for the remaining month of May.

We are going to be eliminating the Moderators Challenge as it stands now. Instead, we are going to try introducing a Moderators Topic of the Week. This will be spearheaded by Greg and I welcome any feedback about the change.

The Moderators Topic of the Week will be an informative (and interactive) discussion on things like nutrition, dieting, fitness, etc. and will be designed to provide more "support" to the challengers in the group.

The weekly "Team Challenge" will continue as it has right along and will continue to rotate to a different team each week. I remind the team captains that the weekly challenges do not need to be elaborate, sometimes basic is just as good if not better.

Thanks
    Steve
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone...

After a bit of discussion, the moderators are going to be changing it up a bit for the remaining month of May.

We are going to be eliminating the Moderators Challenge as it stands now. Instead, we are going to try introducing a Moderators Topic of the Week. This will be spearheaded by Greg and I welcome any feedback about the change.

The Moderators Topic of the Week will be an informative (and interactive) discussion on things like nutrition, dieting, fitness, etc. and will be designed to provide more "support" to the challengers in the group.

The weekly "Team Challenge" will continue as it has right along and will continue to rotate to a different team each week. I remind the team captains that the weekly challenges do not need to be elaborate, sometimes basic is just as good if not better.

Thanks
    Steve

THANKS BOSS I'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE...
    AS STATED IN THE ABOVE I AM GOING TO DO THE RESEARCH FOR YOU......GIVE YOU THE PROS AND CONS OF THAT WEEKS TOPIC...
    REMEMBER I AM OLD, RETIRED, AND WELL USED AND DIFFERENTLY NOT A MEDICAL EXPERT BY STRETCH OF THE MEANS... SO PLEASE CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL TEAM/EXPERTS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR YOUR LIFE STYLE.
    THE ARTICLES THAT I FIND ARE FOR INFORMATION ONLY... MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN SOMETHING OR NOT.... I AM JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE FOR YOU TO MULL OVER......I WILL COVER A VAST SELECTION OF TOPICS THAT WILL HELP YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE INCLUDING FITNESS,NUTRITION, LIFE STYLES, MENTAL FITNESS ETC ETC....

IF YOU HAVE A TOPIC OR CONVERSATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEN BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW THROUGH E-MAIL....gregor5453@gmail.com ....OR PM ME THROUGH THE MFP MESSAGE CENTER....OR DROP INTO THE WARRIORS TEAM THREAD AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME THERE.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING YOU THE BEST INFORMATION I CAN BOTH GOOD AND MAYBE NOT SO GOOD..
    THANKS AS ALWAYS
    GREG
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cleosweetie
    Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 166
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Username : upsaluki
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 203.0
    Today's Weight: 203.2
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I started inputting steps on the step sheet tonight and then got to @jessicakrall8 post about a new sheet that includes water so now I'm utterly confused because I don't see that sheet. I'd like to step down as step counter because it appears that it is in good hands and too many chiefs makes for confusion.

Hey there...I surely didn't mean to step on your toes, but you were on vacation, so I was trying to cover for you. The section that includes steps and water is at the bottom of the regular May spreadsheet where the weights are located...weights at top, water/steps at the bottom. We've always recorded steps at the bottom, but someone redid the first week to include water. There were some issues with the totals, but I corrected the formulas for them on week one. I'm going to work on week two later this weekend. Not sure who made the original changes or where you were recording steps...is there a separate file or something? Just look at the bottom of the Trimstones tab and you'll see it.

Again, didn't mean to offend you. I thought by your vacation announcement, you'd want someone to keep the stats up.

Jessica
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fattleass wrote: »
    Fattleass
    hi everyone my name is Charles and I'm addicted to food for some strange reason I can't seem to get away from it and it's making me miserable but yet I keep doing it I need some help and I don't know what to do this is really really depressing

Hi Charles,

I’m also addicted to food so you are not alone! The best strategy for me over this journey has been not to allow the foods that I know are bad for me and that I’ll overeat into my house. (Not saying I’m perfectly consistent in this - just most of the time)

Some foods are just too hard to handle and even with the best intentions we end up eating too much! Then the cycle of cravings and feeling like crap so eating more begins and we get stuck. You can get back out of that cycle though - look how far you’ve come already!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

THE WEEK 1 MOD CHALLENGE IS COMING TO A CLOSE TODAY AND AS A RESULT WE WILL BE RETURNING TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM OF JUST RECORDING STEPS IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR TEAM WANTS.... IF YOUR TEAM DECIDES TO KEEP INCORPORATING THE WATER THEN THAT'S FINE ..JUST REMEMBER AS ALWAYS IT'S VOLUNTARY NOT MANDATORY... AS STATED BY STEVE WE ARE CHANGING THE FORMAT OF WHAT THE MODS DO EVERY WEEK ...STAYED TUNED FOR THAT DEVELOPMENT....
    GREG
  • JesusGirl62
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 so so sorry. I wasn't offended at all. More frustrated than anything. I appreciate all you do for our team. But you are very on top of this so thank you for taking it over. I'm having a lot of health issues with my lungs and I think the lack of oxygen is affecting my thought process and my message came off sounding ugly. I'm sorry. And I meant to congratulate you on becoming a foster parent. You're a hero in my eyes. I was a CASA for 10 years and the foster parent are the unsung heroes in my eyes.
This discussion has been closed.