May 2- 6,947
    May 3- 16,881
    May 4- 5,819
    May 5- 4,611
    May 6- 6,876
    May 7- 13,865
    May 8- 15,388

Reflection:
    I have finally realised that I need help by motivation so I reached out to my fellow MyFitnessPal members for support. It’s hard to keep moving forward with weight loss when I feel I’m letting myself down. I refuse to give up and wanted help and support.

Thank you to everyone for inspiring me every day!!!!
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in the moderators topic of the week as it will definitely help and support me in nutrition, fitness and other topics. How do I make sure that I am involved in this discussion as it will benefit my success in weight loss
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Friday 5/10:
    Steps: 15758
    Water: 101.4oz
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 7,036
    💦 64 ounces
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,153 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in the moderators topic of the week as it will definitely help and support me in nutrition, fitness and other topics. How do I make sure that I am involved in this discussion as it will benefit my success in weight loss

You are SO right that these discussions will benefit everyone. It will always be posted in the "Announcements" section on the Fat2Fit home page. Members from every team will be able to join there for information and discussion. As soon as the first one is posted, I'll put the link here, and everyone will be welcome to hop on over there to join in.

It is also great to participate here on our team chat. Any time you feel like some support would be helpful, come on over and blab away. If you need a boost, a rant, some help - just go for it. There are a lot of amazing people in this group.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,153 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone -

Thanks for getting us all caught up - it is good to hear from you, no matter if your weigh-in is discouraging or not. It is hardest to report when there is a gain. It's like not wanting to return that late library book. We have let ourselves down, and don't really want to share that information. BUT you did it. Feel the bravery more than the disappointment, and look for ways to keep yourself on track.

The straight and narrow is SO easy to fall off of, but it is the place where you feel the most fantastic. Ask the people in here who have had huge losses, and get yourself back on what I like to call the S&N railway. You might only need to make a couple of small changes to get on board.

I encourage you to go look at our team spreadsheet at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EPEeGuDNokTHam7uHpGT0qWqiIZ_r_TllWGOJb9bX6A/edit#gid=1260891951
    (the link is also on the F2F home page)
    You'll see everyone's weigh-ins, steps, etc. (just pick "WAISTAWAYS" in the tabs at the bottom and then scroll down and up to see all the information). You can look at other teams too.

What I find useful, for those who are tracking steps, is to see how the effort to increase steps after a period of low numbers usually corresponds to a weight loss the following week. Or that you are not the only one who might have had a rough week. Or a great week. It's kind of fun in a geeky way...
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

THE WEEK 1 MOD CHALLENGE IS COMING TO A CLOSE TODAY AND AS A RESULT WE WILL BE RETURNING TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM OF JUST RECORDING STEPS IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR TEAM WANTS.... IF YOUR TEAM DECIDES TO KEEP INCORPORATING THE WATER THEN THAT'S FINE ..JUST REMEMBER AS ALWAYS IT'S VOLUNTARY NOT MANDATORY... AS STATED BY STEVE WE ARE CHANGING THE FORMAT OF WHAT THE MODS DO EVERY WEEK ...STAYED TUNED FOR THAT DEVELOPMENT....
    GREG
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday
    PW 226.4
    CW 226.8

I guess its time to hit a wall, I stayed under calories all week and had a small gain.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Don't make me get out the Born To Nag photo, now...

Don't forget that the end of Saturday is the end of the week - get all your lovely stats in by then, so that we can tally them up and see how much the whole team lost and how many steps we took, etc. Thanks!

We sure don't want @jugar to have to do that .... Here's the Saturday Noontime update on who's still missing a weigh-in report .....

Friday still due:
    @martinesther88
    @SANDYSA72
    @Kittu125 noted and recorded

Due Saturday:
    @mari_moulin noted and recorded
    @matthewsfive noted and recorded
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @allieelliott17 noted and recorded
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday
    PW 226.4
    CW 226.8

I guess its time to hit a wall, I stayed under calories all week and had a small gain.

Copied and pasted from page 5 above for @Perla4686 ... in case you didn't take note at the time.

What follows is from a very knowledgeable source on another thread of mine ....

Determine if you have truly stalled .... and if so, look over and consider the un-stall options at the bottom. Let us know what you discover.

=============

First, stalling is normal. Your body adapts to the input/output balance you have been doing and slows down your non-exercise activity to compensate. Also as you exercise, you become more efficient in how you exercise (called the training effect). You are able to do more and burn less.

Second is recomposition. With more activity, you gain more lean muscle mass. Your size and fat% may be going down without the weight changing. You could also be retaining extra water.

So how do you un-stall?

Have you really stalled? How long has weight not moved? Do you weigh daily or weekly (hint it should be daily if doing by numbers and not emotion). If daily weighting and your 7 day average has not moved for 3 weeks, THEN we need to look at your numbers or alternatives.

Are you reducing in size? Are your measurements (chest, waist, hips) moving. Size is a FAR more reliable indication of fat loss than weight. I highly encourage you to measure and take note of these over weight.

If you truly have stalled and the size is staying the same, THEN you can look at any of the following:
    • Recalculating your numbers (particularly TDEE and based on observations, not BMR formulas - you are tracking in, out and weight, this is enough to get MUCH better numbers).
    • Reverse dieting for a week or two - You raise your intake by a little, but MUST keep up the activity - or keep the same intake and REST (substantially reduce activity).
    • Revising you macros - big changes to %protein, %fat and %carbs. Find what works for you and how you feel.
    • Fasting - A day or two with substantially reduced calories followed by a day or two with more calories. Throws the metabolism off balance so it gets out of stasis.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you fast for a day and have limited calories and then compensate the next day by increasing your calories what happens to your body? Will it be a cleanse for your metabolism or will it cause you to gain weight on the second day when you eat an increased number of calories?
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday
    PW 226.4
    CW 226.8

Copied and pasted from page 5 above for @Perla4686 ... in case you didn't take note at the time.

What follows is from a very knowledgeable source on another thread of mine ....

Determine if you have truly stalled .... and if so, look over and consider the un-stall options at the bottom. Let us know what you discover.

=============
    thanks I did miss this, I'm just emotional about my weight lose, I didn't mind when I eat poorly and put on weight it should be expected. I stayed under my calories and im thinking it might of been too low this week. I averaged between 700-800 calories a day, with 0 to little excerise. I know that's not good to do. I'm just really hard on myself to lose weight. It's been 17 weeks and with almost 43 pounds down I really shouldn't complain. Yes I am reducing in size and clothes fit much better. I don't weigh myself everyday because that drove me crazy. I did buy a scale that shows all my numbers including body water%, body fat%, muscle mass poundage, Bone Mass poundage and Visceral Fat along with my BMR. In those numbers my water only went up 0.1%. but body fat went down 0.2% from last week, there really wasn't much change. I will let it go because I really will be fine. Its just a mind game that weight lose plays with me. I will follow the thread if this continues.

Thank you so much for taking take to posting the info and for your time. It means a lot. I will let you know if I follow one of the points, if this is really a stall

• BMcC9
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    If you fast for a day and have limited calories and then compensate the next day by increasing your calories what happens to your body? Will it be a cleanse for your metabolism or will it cause you to gain weight on the second day when you eat an increased number of calories?

Don't forget that the food in your intestines has weight ... so don't be concerned about "between one day to the next". Look to your overall trend. And a trended average is better tracked with daily data. (there are apps that will do that )

It take 3500 calories per pound above what your body would need to maintain its current weight while in a coma in order to end up storing it as a pound of fat. That doesn't happen over night. This is more in the nature of "kicking the metabolic processing out of complacency". After the "day or two light / day or two more" you return to the MFP-recommended calorie level to continue shedding weight at a safe and reasonable weight.

And trying this is for AFTER you have determined that you are truly in an extended plateau (despite accurate logging and consistent exercise burn, there in no averaged change in weight OR inches for the past 3 weeks) I looked at the spreadsheet, and you just did a big drop this week, so this is not something you need to do right now.

Another thing to do regularly (every 5 to 10 pounds) is to go to Goal Setting, put in your new current weight, and have MFP recaclulate how much you should be eating. When there is less of you, your body doesn't require as much fuel to stay at maintenance. If that number is lower, try eating at that new level, and switch up your macro percentages rather than doing the under / over thing.

Depending on how much closer you have moved towards your goal weight, it might also be time to consider dropping the rate of change.

I will try to find that chart for basic "rule of thumb" rates. How far do you from goal? (age, height, bone structure and body fat % can have a bearing on the goal number you are considering)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    This is where I do my body fat % calculation.

https://calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

It is not THE most precise method, but should be close enough for most purposes. It WILL also highlight if you are approaching goal weight yet proportionally "skinny-fat", or conversely higher weight-wise than you THOUGHT you should aim for, but when you do the calculation you discover you are actually into the lower body-fat % range of "average" and approaching "athletic" ... and your inches / clothing size is actually smaller than when you were younger and at your "target weight" (yet not as consistently active and in as good physical condition)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but the last 2 days have been disastrous in terms of diet and the rest of the week has been ok but not great. I'm really struggling to get my mind back in the zone. My TOM has returned after a year's absence (I'm weaning baby of nursing) so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Lots of general stress etc...
    I just wish I could stick to plan and have a little more self control. Not helping that my brother is crash dieting and been losing 5lb a week for 5 wks and it's so tempting in my head to join him, though of course I know where that will take me (right back to the beginning!)
    Sorry, ranting, thanks for listening.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    PW 200.5
    CW 200.9

I know what I did. I need to get myself on track and get I to Onederland!! Come on.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 thanks for explaining. @Perla4686 I think sometimes eating can be hormonal dependent too for women and you are just stuck in a rut this week. You can always start afresh tomorrow. Ps my over eating has been awful today but il start afresh tomorrow and hope u do to. I’m counting on the post above above one pound not being gained over night unless you consume 3500 plus your tdee 🏋🏻‍♀️
  • BMcC9
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Don't make me get out the Born To Nag photo, now...

Don't forget that the end of Saturday is the end of the week - get all your lovely stats in by then, so that we can tally them up and see how much the whole team lost and how many steps we took, etc. Thanks!

We sure don't want @jugar to have to do that .... Here's the Saturday Just-Before-Supper update ..... only 3 still MIA ...

Friday still due:
    @martinesther88
    @SANDYSA72

Due Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170

Heads Up for Sunday (start of week 2)
    @Andreabroadley

• martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So sorry im late!
    Username~martinesther88