TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Saturday check-in. Today has been a good day. Most everyone is fasting for Ramadan here so that helps me not to overeat during the day, but at night it's very difficult because of all the food. I have managed to avoid sugar and flour which is my main goal but I need to get back to tracking my food since getting over sickness. Tomorrow is a new day.

Glad you're feeling better. Yes, tracking is huge for me. Do your best! You can do it! I know you can.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Fivepts wrote: »
    User Name: Fivepts
    Weigh in week: May - wk3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 147.1
    Current Weight: 146.6
    Weight loss .5

Sorry, I am late. I messed up the time difference. I live overseas. I guess that's my first strike.
    Awesome! You had a loss!! 👏 No strikes. It's totally fine as long as I have results by Sunday 2:00pm Eastern time. :) Thanks. I understand that we are all over the world.

Whew! Thanks.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 5/18)

Track:yes
    Calories: under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1381
    Water: 36
    Exercise: 0
    Day: I left the house a little after 8 to catch the bus to Walmart to get my Flonase and a couple of other items. I got back and took a nap. I have taken a couple of naps today. On my way back we had a girl in crisis pop into a group where I am an admin. So, I hopped off the bus early and walked a couple of blocks to get home earlier to have access to all of my crisis resources. Unfortunately, she stopped talking and haven't heard from her since. I have continued to eat despite not having an appetite to ensure I keep up my nutrition giving my body all that it needs to heal and recover. My scarf I was working on I had to frog so I am looking for another pattern I can work with.

My Day
    1) My rent rebate finally came in meaning I can get my car up and going
    2) I found a nice scented lotion I could afford.
    3) I allowed myself to nap today, giving my body what it needs to recover.

Myself
    1) I am compassionate and want to help others
    2) I am dedicated to taking care of myself, even if that means not exercising for a change.
    3) I like my Irish nose.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 5/18)
    Track: Yes. All day.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13+
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 95 GT Min =
      +40min = 26m walk, 7m bike, 7m glider, 5m stretch; +35min = 24m dip, 11m bike; +15min = bike
    • One post-dinner snack: None.
    • Post on @RTM before lights out. Yes!
    • Kitchen Closed!
    Husband is at the store. :( I got on my bike like I said I would. Hopefully, he doesn't bring home any junk food just his drink. I'm satiated and feeling strong. So I should be okay. If I'm tempted then I will grab my phone and get on here!
    Good Night!
  • johicks
    Options
    Tomorrow starts the weigh-ins for our week #4 No Gain challenge! There were 9 of us that accepted the challenge. I sure do hope my flub up last night didn't ruin all my week's hard work! I did great today!!

@MaelynMayhem ~ I'm so glad that you are taking care of yourself. Excited that you can get your car up and running, too. Have a good rest of the night and hopefully you hear from that gal soon!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday May 18
    Tracked:
    Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: at least 30 min of beach walking

Awesome beach wedding tonight. Perfect day!
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday 5/17)
    Track: Through dinner.
    Calories: Over.
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 17
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 38min total= 18m am walk, 20m fast-paced grocery shopping
    • One post-dinner snack: More than one.
    • Post on @RTM before lights out: No. :(
    I need to purge my brain. Sorry, this could be long! I feel horrible about not getting all my checkmarks in yesterday. Yes! I'm beating myself up a little this morning. I had to put a frown on my calendar. Dang!! I had a 7-day streak of tracking, no night binging and sticking to calories. So I’m sharing my day “raw” and unfiltered to see if I can figure out what happened. Here it goes…… Another early morning with mom, even though shopping; I STILL made sure to get in my morning walk! And had high hopes of walking before work and before dinner. I did speed walk at the stores and walked from one end of the outlet stores down to the other end while mom’s vehicle was being packed. I had my list and almost got a speeding ticket going up and down the aisles. LOL But I don’t think I planned my day well enough. I had protein creamer in my coffee first thing (like always), then a shake for the 45-minute drive to Walmart / Lowe’s. I was hungry but didn’t pack a snack. I had to wait 2 hours until I got to work. Then my brain heard "food" words. I was telling mom about all the dining and fast food places that I could take home to hubby but didn’t want to. And then about our plans for October coming into the city for anniversary dinner. I thought I was doing okay. By Noon I had 8 cups of water and did add an 80 calorie snack bar to my already planned snack. That didn't last very long. I downed four more cups in the next 2.5 hours or so and ate my afternoon snack. My co-workers were all stressed and create an intense office. All I could do was focus on NOT eating. Then one boss brought in ribs and filled the office with that aroma. My stomach was growling so loudly. I got home and was tired. Fortunately, my meal was already plated. So I made my tea and warmed my meal. What I didn’t do was change my clothes, change my attitude to Home. Sweet. Home. I sat on the couch and ate my plate. I did it as slowly as I could to enjoy every bite and to make it last. I was hoping that we’d go to bed early so that I didn’t have to keep fighting my urge to eat. But hubby went to the store instead. GRRRRR! Oh, it was so hard for me to not go into the kitchen and devour whatever! He didn’t grab junk food, just his bottle! I grabbed my computer and started to play a game to distract me. What I should’ve done was go hop on the bike. That is in the very back bedroom and takes me to a different place altogether. And it helps strengthen my knees. Instead, I focused on the game. But it didn’t really help or heal me. [Oh!! I like that! HEAL ME]. It was like I was fighting myself all day and couldn't keep the urge or hunger at bay. So I laid on the couch for another hour or so as he looked through his records. I knew if I went to bed early, he’d blare his music. And I wasn’t up for that!! I was hungry, irritable, and tired. [So why didn’t I pick up on those signs?] We finally went to bed and I didn’t take my laptop or turn on my phone to engage with all of you and nor tell you about my day. I watched a couple of episodes, then got up for a TB of peanut butter and grabbed more. I ate his leftover cheap pizza and snacks on a plate and ate it. Not good! Most of it tasted okay. But I wasn’t being mindful and enjoying it. Then I went back for the TB of PB. THAT was satisfying. So why did I grab more than I intended!? Why didn’t I log the TB of PB first to give myself permission to get THAT and only that!? I did it before and succeeded. It’s like that urge I had been fighting all day finally screamed and said… FEED ME! But as I type it out now, I think I hit on a few things:
    I was hungry, irritable, and tired. --- umm… signs of MID-TOM or TOM for me. It’s hard to tell since I’m perimenopause.
    So with all that said. I’m not beating myself up anymore and I do feel better. Thank you for letting me post. Here is what I learned and can continue to do to stay on plan, but heal self:
    When hungry, irritable, and tired….
    • 1. If I’m THAT hungry in the morning, recognize it and eat a small snack. You were at the store!! Being too strict doesn’t pay off, it leads to a binge!
    • 2. If fighting the urge all day, again; look at your pre-logged MFP diary and figure out a snack, even if it to give into that darn ol’ candy jar! Log and eat just one caramel. 60 calories are better than a binge!
    • 3. Go for that 10-minute walk you intended to do. JUST DO IT! Yes, knees ache a little, but you have ibuprofen in your desk. GET out of the office!
    • 4. When getting home stick to the routine, even if tired!! Change clothes. Change Attitude. “Home. Sweet. Home.”
    • 5. If that tired when getting home, rest before eating and sip your tea. Calming and filling.
    • 6. And when you see “his snacks” or not-so-healthy food; make a plan. You did that the other night, you managed a healthy dinner and exchanged fires for other carb and added a hot dog to dinner instead of a snack. So you know you can do it and have balance.
    • 7. Eat mindfully and slowly. When that tired, sit at the dinner table.
    • 8. When you’re hungry, tired, and irritable you need to be kinder to yourself. Maybe a bath would’ve been in order; then he could have also played his music.
    • 9. It’s like you had a hole burning through you all day, you need a healing moment or two. So exercise while he was gone to the store to get out the frustration and burn off some rage and then a bath to help your body aches and soul.
    • 10. Then be sure to get on @RTM and read for inspiration and encouragement, offer support; and journal your day.
    PRINT and keep these ten steps handy! P.S. I did post this in my journal log to remind myself. And printed! I'm cut around the edges with design scissors and posted onto purple paper to post on the wall. Now which wall!? Then, I read my other journal moments to remind myself that I am on a journey. And that I’m not perfect. But I did see a pattern! Enlightening! Perhaps I can prepare myself for the next one in about 10 days!? Glad I’m journalling these “dark & binge” times, to keep me moving forward.

Again thanks. That purge felt good. It felt like a conversation over coffee. :)@jwall309 @j0d13mcc Didn’t we talk about sitting on the kitchen floor having deep moments before?

Okay… enough about me. Onto your posts, AFTER I take a walk. I feel like I need to get the blood flowing and now purge any lingering emotions from last night and this morning's reflection. A time of HEALING for myself. Plus get some endorphins into my system to have a good day! I'll be back soon.
    🤗hugs🤗

Hahaha yes we did, I was talking about my best friend and I always end up chatting in the floor.... for hours at the end of a bottle of wine lol.....
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    username: MaelynMayhem
    Weigh-in: Sunday, May 19, Week 4
    PW: 264.6
    CW: 256.4
  • johicks
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Great Saturday!! :) Glad you had fun.
    @MaelynMayhem ~ Wowsy!! Excellent loss. How exciting!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @johicks - Great loss! You did well this week!
  • johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem - Thanks! It sure is nice to have back to back losses! Your loss was aMAYzing!! :smiley: We're doing it!
  • johicks
    Options
    xwzlt1zef63s.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes, tried my best
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: no
    Water: not enough
    Day: another great day with mom, but definitely not great for my plan. Oh well! I’m gonna just let this weekend be and refocus on Monday. As my friend who is really into bodybuilding likes to say “memories over macros!” So it is what it is. Moving forward into the week to get back on track
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @johicks Fantastic weigh in....woohoo. Way to go.
  • johicks
    Options
    ma0aoxl6qe1t.jpg
    * * May Week 3 * * May 12th -18th * *
    💥💣💥 30 members 19 of us weighed in and 15 had a loss or stayed the same! So Awesome!💥💣💥
    tl3pk0at2ga5.gif
    Hip Hip Hooray!! The following posted daily for the RTM Mini-challenge:
    t0sk9vovgb97.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:

qaw7dqyz1n14.gif
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 50 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Not much going on today. Got my meals and exercising in and that's all I've done today.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sunday, May check in (Week 4)
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 223.6
    CW: 223.0

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Got my 6 days of exercise in this week. Took today off.
    Goal/Day: Not much going on today. Went to church, soaked up some sun on the deck, then had a chill afternoon. It was nice. I'm proud of myself for being back on track today with food intake. I am very worried about my weigh in tomorrow as I had a couple of not so good days this weekend with drinking and eating. Ugh. I will keep it honest though. I'm expecting a 3 lb gain, but lets hope not. I drank a lot of ice water today to drain my system. We shall see.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I’m just home late and have weighed in at 183.86lb. I’ll update fully in the morning... I just didn’t want to miss Sunday...
This discussion has been closed.