Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,998 Member
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Week 3 – 5/18 - May Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – did well over 8 hours walking, my family went to the amusement park after a Chinese auction

Sorry late, I was tired when we got home last night and forgot to log.

@jlbtnc, did you go on any rides? I haven't been to an amusement park in a few years now. At this age, would I still feel the need to go on any rides? I don't think so. And what's a Chinese auction?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    missyms740 wrote: »
    Username: missyms740
    Weigh in week: May Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 288
    Todays Weight: 284
    Yayyyy!!💃💃😊😊

@missyms740, whoo hoo, Niki!!! That is a fantastic week you just had there!! Four pounds have vanished just like that!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Sunday 5.12.19: No
    Monday 5.13.19: Yes
    Tuesday 5.14.19: No
    Wednesday 5.15.19: No
    Thursday 5.16.19: No
    Friday 5.17.19: No

Saturday 5.18.19
    Tracked: yes

Under : yes - I took my daughter out to try Thai food for the first time. It was so delicious. My new favorite. I was able to stay under calorie goal. I had 1 calorie remaining at the end of the day.

Exercise: Yes - An hour of light paced walking.

I tracked all week, I came in under more days than not. Now to add exercise to qualify for the mini challenge is next goal.I am excited to step on the scale on Monday.

@brandi_84, sounds like you are successfully working your way back to beginning to lose weight again!! That's great that you discovered Thai food, and that you liked it, and that you came in under your calorie goal. Keep that one in your back pocket for future dinners out!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:
    Previous week 124.2
    This week: 122.2

I know some of it was water weight from sodium last week, but I put in some effort this week and I’m happy:)

@susanpiper57, losing two pounds usually requires effort, and that you gave last week!! We have no control over "what" we have lost to register those two pounds on the scale, so don't apologize if your think it was water...it was two pounds!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Weekly Challenge
    Day: Sunday
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - Z25K in the morning, long walk with a friend in the evening.

I had a couple off days so I checked the scale this morning to see how bad it was, and discovered that even though the days were off, I was still eating at or near maintenance, so that's a good thing. Still though, I have some work to do this week.

I have to get to a doctor too as I think I have a lateral food issue that's making running - or jogging really - kind of difficult. I'll get my stride checked at a store, get some new shoes and then get to a doc. I may have to take 2 days off between trainings rather than the one, so I guess it'll take me 16 weeks to get finish rather than 8 😐

Anyway have a good week all!

@enyagoboom, hope you get your foot issues figured out....they are no fun, and I know!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @HASWLRS is Friday the 31st the last weigh in? I guess i am asking if I have 2 weeks to get to onederland or 1 since I weigh in on Fridays

@swauters, yes, there are two weeks left in the May Challenge, so for you, your final May weigh-in day is Friday the 31st, which is kind of perfect!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    5/19/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 90 minutes bowling, a bit of walking at event
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day. 166.4
    Tiny loss but I have had two days fairly off track. I do find eating out hard both in terms of working out calls and also not giving into temptation.

@lozenger1984, a solid half pound lost, so not insignificant. Yes, eating out is hard to track and sometimes impossible to make choices that fit into our calorie budget, not to mention, wanting to try the chef's speciality, because that's part of living as well!! Glad you still managed a loss after two days of eating out.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May Week #3 Results

Team The Big Butt Theory did NOT have a great third week of May....we only lost 10.4 pounds as a team, for a percentage of 0.19!!

The Top Five Big Butts were:

@swauters - 1.47%
    @lozenger1984 - 1.07%
    @abowersgirl - 1.01%
    @erikNJ - 0.89%
    @enyagoboom - 0.81%

Congratulations to these five for a great week, and to any Big Butt who was part of the 10.4!!!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    May Week #3 Results

Team The Big Butt Theory did NOT have a great third week of May....we only lost 10.4 pounds as a team, for a percentage of 0.19!!

The Top Five Big Butts were:

@swauters - 1.47%
    @lozenger1984 - 1.07%
    @abowersgirl - 1.01%
    @erikNJ - 0.89%
    @enyagoboom - 0.81%

Congratulations to these five for a great week, and to any Big Butt who was part of the 10.4!!!

Onwards and upwards! We can do it :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:
    Previous week 124.2
    This week: 122.2

I know some of it was water weight from sodium last week, but I put in some effort this week and I’m happy:)

Congrats on a loss! You are reaching lower then my goal weight! But then again I'm 5'4".
  • Krysless2
    Options
    WEIGH-IN
    Week: Week 4
    Today: Sunday, May 19th
    Previous week's weight: 158.7lbs
    Current week's weight: 157.4lbs

Today's Mini Challenge
    Pass Day
    Date: Sun, May 19th:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, we had a family gathering with a potluck menu
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes, I tried but couldn't really remember everything I nibbled on
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    WEIGH-IN

Today's Mini Challenge
    Pass Day
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, we had a family gathering with a potluck menu
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes, I tried but couldn't really remember everything I nibbled on

@Krysless2, see, I told you your good days were better than your bad days last week! Over a pound lost!! Well done!! And there is no way to track, or try to track, at a potluck and actually enjoy yourself. Take small servings of the things you really love, drink lots of water, move as much as you can, and just enjoy!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    WEIGH-IN

Today's Mini Challenge
    Pass Day

@Krysless2, see, I told you your good days were better than your bad days last week! Over a pound lost!! Well done!! And there is no way to track, or try to track, at a potluck and actually enjoy yourself. Take small servings of the things you really love, drink lots of water, move as much as you can, and just enjoy!

Thank you Lisa!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Would anyone like to share their dieting methods? If you're in our group and losing weight, what plan are you on? Or do you live by only one or two rules?
    I have been on and off keto for almost 3 years and have lost 54 lbs thus far. The last 25lbs have come off the quickest because I added in food logging and the support of this group and other keto'ers.. but I was curious how everyone else was succeeding.

Please share with us 😊
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8
    Last week's weight: 287.8lbs
    Current weight: 288lbs

I don't think I actually gained any weight this week. I maybe stayed steady or probably lost. However, I have been so busy that I couldn't weigh in at my usual time before breakfast or wearing my usual Sunday morning jammies on. So, after a full day of food and water and wearing my work clothes, this is what I got. Hopefully, next week will be back to normal for me.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to share their dieting methods? If you're in our group and losing weight, what plan are you on? Or do you live by only one or two rules?
    I have been on and off keto for almost 3 years and have lost 54 lbs thus far. The last 25lbs have come off the quickest because I added in food logging and the support of this group and other keto'ers.. but I was curious how everyone else was succeeding.

Please share with us 😊

Nothing fancy; I'm just doing CICO and trying to track every bitty thing. The hardest parts for me are planning my meals so my husband and I are using Hello Fresh for our dinners (which is only a touch more than we spend on groceries for the same amount of time, but with a lot less waste and more portion control).

I also do smoothies in the morning and for lunch a lot of the time. I get woo'd a lot if I try to help others who are doing smoothie anything on the main boards but eff 'em.

my big weaknesses are potatoes and pizza. omg pizza. :p

exercise: a lot of walking, a little bit of jogging, some yoga, and hopefully getting back into my main exercise love - swimming - this week or next.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8
    Last week's weight: 287.8lbs
    Current weight: 288lbs

I don't think I actually gained any weight this week. I maybe stayed steady or probably lost. However, I have been so busy that I couldn't weigh in at my usual time before breakfast or wearing my usual Sunday morning jammies on. So, after a full day of food and water and wearing my work clothes, this is what I got. Hopefully, next week will be back to normal for me.

@Jl20alon2564, I would concur with your assessment that you didn't actually gain any weight this week!! Point two pounds at the end of a day....no way it was a true gain!! Well done on not gaining and probably maintaining, or the more likely scenario, losing, in spite of your current hectic life!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Please share with us 😊

@Krysless2, is that what your new profile picture represents, your 54 pounds lost? Because the before and after is very noticeable....congratulations!!
This discussion has been closed.