Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    All your food is so pretttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3

Mine always looks like it went through a wood chipper :D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @LiLee2018 - Yes, I surely did😘 Those milkshakes very yummy👍 Yes, we shall loose those gained together👍

@volgirl1322 - It's totally delicious 😍 Yes, those lbs will have to come off now I am back up onto the wagon👍

@wsandy8512 - Thanks♥️ I really hope there is no more cafe hopping for a while 😁

@mistymeadows2005 - Thanks♥️
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    Week 43
    CW: 58.2 kg (128lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers :)

Sitting here in the car waiting for my kids to come out from school, they are late today. Wondering what happened? Just a quick update:

Today’s Date: 15 May 2019
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Height: 158cm ( 5 feet 2)
    Weight Goal for the Month of May: 56.6kg (125lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 58.2kg ( 128 lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, drank 3 cups.
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): 30 mins Zumba Aerobics
    Hours slept: 5.5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: 1 Fish Fillet Curry with Cauliflowers, Okra, Cabbage and Wongbok, 1/2 bowl rice, grapes and 4 Arnott's mint slice. Hubby and I each had 1 piece of fish fillet. Total calories - 1108.
    Thoughts : Have to get down to at least 56.9 - 57kg before this month is over! Got to work a little harder

Here is how my OMAD looks like for today. Its not as exciting as your food, guys :) Hubby loves curries <3
    qnymzwlquq85.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday <3

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Oh my, what a delicious looking meal!

Hope you have a great rest of your Wednesday!
  • jadepearl
    @wsandy8512 - Thank you <3 The rest of Wednesday didn't go according to plan... :lol but that's life. My 2 kids just couldn't stop arguing with each other and they drove us nuts :unamused:

Week 43
    CW: 58.2 kg (128lbs)

Good morning OMADers !

Its around 11.40am here and its raining with howling wind. Another day without being able to hang the clothes outside :( Have to go for Plan B, indoor clothes dryer. We try not to use too much electricity as its so expensive here. Over here in my little town, we are paying around 28.2 cents per kilowatt-hour. My cousin who is in the US tells us that he's only paying 12 cents per kilowatt-hour. That's why we tend not to use too much electricity or we will create in big hole in our pockets.

As for food, will finish up the curry from yesterday. Really do not want to waste any food. So, I had what I had yesterday. I added in more cauliflower, cabbage & wongbok so I have more veggies. As for sweets, I ate my favourite Arnott's Mint Slice. Besides zumba, I have also started clocking in my steps. For yesterday, I clocked in 26,170 steps.

Today’s Date: 16 May 2019
    Today’s Weight: 58.2kg ( 128 lbs) :( No weight loss today :(
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, drank 2 cups.
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Hope to do 30 mins of Zumba this evening
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Finish up the Fish Fillet Curry with Cauliflowers, Okra, Cabbage and Wongbok, 1/2 bowl rice and 4 Arnott's mint slice. Total calories - 961.
    Thoughts : Didn't loose any weight this morning :( I did 45 mins of Zumba aerobics yesterday evening and that should burn at least 160 calories and managed to clocked in 26,170 steps. :(

I really hope that I can get down to 57 region soon. It has been a while since I am dancing the 58 dance. Got to work hard and try to less my carbs which I find it so so hard to do.

Hope that you guys will get up to a beautiful Thursday! <3
  • jadepearl
    My kids gave me a fitness pedometer watch for Mother's Day which tells the time and date too. So, I ended up wearing this fitness watch and kept my old watch. Its nothing fancy but I love it as my kids bought it for me. I wear the watch from the time I get up of bed and take it off before I go to bed. I even wear it when I am doing zumba. Yesterday, the watch recorded 26,170 steps (which includes my zumba). I am just wondering if you guys take off your fitness watch when you exercise or just wear it? Thank you :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I always wear my fitbit (fitness watch) during exercise. I usually only take it off to shower and to charge it but other than that I keep it on all the time because mine tracks my sleep as well.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    The scale might not be moving, but your body is probably changing from the exercise you're doing. Are you taking your measurements too?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Me too - never take that thing off unless I'm going in the water or charging it.
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you for the info <3

@LiLee2018 - I sure hope so :) I seldom measure myself. I tend to go all nuts when I do something. So, I limit myself to just weighing. The last time I measured myself was like in Feb.. :lol: May be I should measure myself to see if I have loss inches :)

@mistymeadows2005 - Thanks for the info too <3

Week 43
    CW: 58 kg (127.6lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers💖

Its about 1.30pm here and I just finished my OMAD. It was something that I long for for ages and I finally cooked it. Here's what I cooked today - 1/2 cup coconut rice with stir-fry sambal long beans, hard boil egg and chicken rendang. Total calories 739.

rc56o3fei2la.jpg

That's all for my OMAD today. Happier news, I loss 0.2kg...yippee! I know its nothing much but I hope to see 57 region by next week. I have been trying to cut down on carbs but its so hard when I am carbs crazy. With regards to exercises, I am loving zumba once again. I am clocking 30-45mins per session now and I am feeling good with it :) As for steps, I clocked in 23,725 steps yesterday, May 16th.

Today’s Date: 17 May 2019
    Today’s Weight: 58kg ( 127.6 lbs)
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Hope to do 30 mins of Zumba this evening
    Description/Photo of Meals: 1/2 cup coconut rice with stir-fry sambal long beans, hard boil egg and chicken rendang. Total calories 739.
    Thoughts : I might be doing something right as I loss 0.2kg. For steps, I clocked in 23,725 for yesterday (16 May)

Have a wonderful Friday & a fantastic weekend, you guys! <3

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're losing so yes you are doing something right, good job!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 I think cutting down on carbs works even though its not a lot :)

Week 43
    CW: 57.3 kg (126lbs)

Good evening OMADers :)

Hope that you guys had a wonderful weekend :) As for me, hubby drove 2 1/2 hours down to Melb to get my wedding re-sized again as he said that this is NOT going to happen again... :lol: What happened you may ask? Well, as always, I will do my zumba aerobics in the evening. On Sat, while I was doing zumba, my wedding ring flew off from my finger. I guess my big knuckles didn't stopped it from slipping off. I didn't know about it till I finished my workout. I have a habit of playing with my wedding ring (turning it round and round my finger) and when I wanted to do that, I discovered that it was gone. I went down on my knees to look for it quietly. But my kids saw me looking for it and asked what happened and I told them that my wedding ring flew off. They started looking it for me too and hubby came in to the room and wanted to know why all 3 of us are crawling on the floor. I was nearly in tears when I told him that I loss my wedding ring. He was pissed as he has asked me several time to re-sized it but I didn't want to as we need to travel down to Melb to do that. Finally after nearly a hour, we found the ring. It was in between the wooden flooring. Thank goodness it didn't slip into the cracks or I will be dead :fearful: So, now, my ring is smaller but not as small as when we first got married as I was only 45kg (100 lbs) then.

Good news...I loss 0.8kg (1.76lbs) and I am very very happy with it. It might be my whoosh :) I hope that I can get down to 57kg before May is over... fingers cross!

Today’s Date: 20 May 2019
    Today’s Weight: 57.3kg ( 126 lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, drank 6 cups.
    Hours slept: 5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: McDonalds Fillet O Fish, 1/2 small fries and 1 small coke. Breakaway Hazelnut Wafer Total calories 1216.
    Thoughts : Ate too much today but I just couldn't help myself. I love love Breakaway Wafers. I think I will see a gain tomorrow :(

Its going to be 8pm here soon. Once I am done, I will be able to zumba :) No worries about my wedding ring flying away no more :lol:

Take care and have a wonderful Moday <3

84d7cztktfpn.jpg

I just couldn't believe I am 57.3kg. So, I just had to take a photo to tell myself that I am not dreaming. You guys know how I am so slow when it comes to loosing weight.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YAY so happy for your woosh!!!! And glad you found your ring!!!! Hope you have a great week!!! :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    That's awesome babe!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Woot woot!! Yay for that weight loss!
    And thank goodness you found your ring.
    I lost the gem off my engagement ring one time (the setting sucks on it so I don't wear it anymore) and searched forever until I found it.
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Yes, I am very glad to have found my ring coz if I didn't, hubby would have killed me :lol:

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3

@LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 I know the feeling about not able to find it and it brought me to tears :disappointed: Hubby wasn't happy at all.

Week 43

Good afternoon OMADers <3

It suppose to be a beautiful day today, sunny with a temperature of 16°C, however, it turned out to be gloomy and rainy. Oh well, another day of pulling out the indoor clothes dryers. Kids have started wearing their winter uniforms in Term 2. So, everything is thicker and harder to dry. That means our electricity bill will be going up :(

As for my weight, I got onto my scale this morning and Mr Scale said that I am still 57.3kg (126lbs). So, no whoosh at all. I am still happy as I didn't gain any weight :) I wish I can loose weight fast but I know that I am very very slow when it comes to loosing weight. So, I have to be patient which is really hard for me :(

What did I had for my OMAD today? Hubby and I were watching Food Channel yesterday night and it was about pasta - Spaghetti, gnocchi, lasagne, ravioli, tortellini, penne, etc. We just had to cook ourselves some pasta today as we were salivating the whole night... :lol: Of course, its not as sophisticated as the Chefs on TV but it will do. We made creamy spaghetti with cauliflower, spinach and sausage. This plate has 586 calories. Here's a photo of it :)

4ssdai4dey7p.jpg

I love using MFP Add Recipe section as it tells me how many calories are my homecooked food. I am assured that I know how many calories everything is. Love this <3

As for fruits, I ate 2 big persimmons and that would be another 353 calories. Thought that I would be having something sweet to end the meal. However, the persimmons are so sweet, it did the trick. I am happy :) So, the total for today is 939 calories.

Today’s Date: 21 May 2019
    Description/Photo of Meals: Creamy spaghetti with cauliflower, spinach and sausage. 2 Persimmons. Total calories 939.
    Thoughts : I have to keep doing my zumba and don't loose hope.

Its nearly 1pm here now and its still raining :( Hopefully, there won't be any strong winds when I pick my kids up from school later this afternoon.

Hope that you guys will wake up to a beautiful Tuesday <3

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Your meal looks fantastic.....I love anything and everything pasta :) I have never had a persimmon --not even sure if any of our stores sell them, I will have to check...….

Have a great day!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Now I want pasta! And I'm not even a pasta person LOL!! Looks NOM NOM <3
  • jadepearl
    edited May 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you :) Ever since I quit my job and helped my hubby at the shop, I have been having my OMAD with him. He eats like a horse and still do not gain weight and I am opposite of him :( Hope you find some persimmons. For me, I prefer it to be a little hard so that its crunchy like apples. Others love it soft. :)

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you :) We love pastas <3

Week 43

Good evening OMADers <3

Its around 4.20pm here and it sucks when the sun is shinning brightly since morning and I have used my indoor clothes dryer to dry our clothes yesterday night. Can never trust our good old weather forecast as it predicted that it will rain today :( Well, on the bright side, I have got our laundry done, now, just have to fold it tonight. Folding takes time as there's 4 people in the family... :tired_face:

Mr Scale is staying put as I am still 57.3kg (126lbs) this morning. Of course I am disappointed as I have been zumba-ing every single day. However, I remember that when I start doing zumba, I will have more muscles and that will also affect my weight. Just wish that I can zumba and still loose weight...can it be possible?

As for food, I had it all planned as hubby wanted curry chicken today. I wanted to cook curry chicken and stir-fry some veggies with oyster sauce. He can have it with rice and I will dip with roti. However, an ex-colleague of mine dropped by as she just came back from her motherland and we ended up eating A LOT :( She brought us some hand-pulled noodles which is famous in her hometown and I decided to make hand-pulled noodles with fish cake, chicken meat and spinach soup. Besides that, she brought us some donuts and who can resist donuts...not me :lol: As for fruits, I ate grapes and persimmons. So, the total calories for today - 1256 calories. My ex-colleague has also sent in her resignation.

I am planning to do at least 45 mins of zumba this evening to burn some calories. I also started doing elbow planks and I am hopeless with it. I can't last more than 2 mins :(

Today’s Date: 22 May 2019
    Today’s Water Consumed: So far, drank 6 cups.
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Hope to do 45 mins of Zumba this evening
    Hours slept: 5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Hand-pulled noodles with fish cake, chicken meat and spinach soup, grapes, persimmon and donut. Total calories 1256
    Thoughts : Over-ate today :( No stress... will zumba this evening to burn some calories!

Here's a photo of the hand-pulled noodle soup:

b6u8apr5hz3t.jpg

Take care and have a great Wedsday <3
  • jadepearl
    Good golly😥😣😖😞😭
    I think I lost it😭
    My ex colleague stayed a long time and guess what we did? We ate the whole time😞😭

I only managed to do 30 mins of zumba before I felt a huge pain on my left side of my tummy😥

So, am resting right now, watching videos with my kids at 10.25pm

Wondering if you guys are awake now or still in zzz land? 🙄