WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 3
    CW - 134 pounds 😢
    I’ve not been feeling well this week (sore throat and blocked sinuses) so I’ve been eating everything to comfort myself and not tracking. I hope I can recover from this next week and don’t gain back all my loss 😩 I feel I’ve gained much faster having been ill and consuming far too much - is that possible to gain more when your body is run down?
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar and good for you too for getting into the teens!!! I don't think I will ever see those days again!! Have a great weekend!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The scale finally shifted down after 2 weeks, but I'm so bloated I look pregnant and feel uggggggh. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday next week so hopefully he can figure out what's going on with my stomach.

But I finally made it to mini-goal number 1: 250. Huzzah! My reward is that I'm buying merch when I hit the show in Denver in two weeks. Maybe a shirt.

Mini goal number 2 is 225.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Weigh Week 3
    PW: 270.0
    CW: 271.6
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    05/22 - 17645
    05/22 - 14012

Heading to the lake for the weekend. NO KIDS!! I think this is the first time ever with no kids!! We are going to hit the 10k trail for the first time since we have no winers with us :D

WOW. I am sure the step counts are going to be amazing! Or maybe it will just be the moments of relaxing. But no whining for sure!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take my one weigh in pass for tomorrow. I'm swollen all over...hands, feet, legs, even my face. Its almost like I'm allergic to salt. I'll be back next week. So don't count me out.
  • jugar
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Weigh in 3
    CW - 134 pounds 😢
    I’ve not been feeling well this week (sore throat and blocked sinuses) so I’ve been eating everything to comfort myself and not tracking. I hope I can recover from this next week and don’t gain back all my loss 😩 I feel I’ve gained much faster having been ill and consuming far too much - is that possible to gain more when your body is run down?
    It is totally possible. I was completely under the weather last week, hardly exercised at all. I think the body conserves everything possible when feeling sick - so double down when you're feeling better - get on your food plan, and get whatever exercise you can manage as soon as possible. It will be OK - as much as you gained, will go off when you do what you need to do!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm going to take my one weigh in pass for tomorrow. I'm swollen all over...hands, feet, legs, even my face. Its almost like I'm allergic to salt. I'll be back next week. So don't count me out.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you can get the swelling under control, and always look forward to your posts. You have a way with words - so let them fly. A pass for weighing in is totally fine, but don't pass up letting us hear from you, ok? <3
  • jugar
    Options
    @SueSueDio - it is always good to be reminded of how important it is to have scrupulous honesty in logging. The only person you hurt by letting it slide is yourself - I have a tendency not to log when things are not great, and I thank you for the reminder of how silly that is.

@micki48 HOT? you're right that there is some seriously weird weather around, but I am looking forward to being in North Carolina soon for some of that hot. Right now there is a fire in my wood stove.

@Terytha - hope you're OK, and good job on the 1 pound loss! I worry that you're feeling sick, though, and am glad you're seeing the doc. Deep breath.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HEADS UP for FRIDAY weigh-ins!

Great job on getting all the weigh-ins done on time. Only one late one - @tdrjustus3 - post please!

Friday is our biggest group:
    @bfitb440n2022
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @jugar
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Kittu125
    @KX7003

The good, the bad, the sad, the fab - bring them all on! We were #1 last week - let's see if we keep the crown B)
    @jugar

Saw a loss this week... yay finally
    CW-180.2
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    BMcC9
    CW 135.0
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. I’m feeling pretty frustrated about my weigh in. Down 2 lbs of the 10 I gained last week. I’ve stuck to my IF schedule, I’ve drank almost 3L of water daily I’ve stayed under my calorie goals every day mind some days I ate into my workout calories, I went out for walks every day with the exception of Monday, my snacking is still there but I’m making much better choices when it happens (unsalted nuts, fresh fruits and berries etc) and I’m only down 2 lbs of the 10. I was hoping to have lost at least half. I do believe my tummy swelling has something to do with this as I am more swollen around my incisions now than I have been since I had my surgery. The hematoma keeps filling back up after it gets drained and I think this may be a factor in my numbers. But it’s still extremely frustrating. Mid week I was actually down to 170 when the swelling started up and I was up 2 lbs the next day. Maybe I should stay out the challenge the rest of the month so I don’t negatively affect the team for the monthy results.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 174.4
    Todays Weight: 172.4

Steps:
    Sun - 8,644
    Mon - 7,414
    Tue - 13,250
    Wed - 10,536
    Thu - 12,381
    Fri - 14,090
    Sat - TBA

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. I’m feeling pretty frustrated about my weigh in. Down 2 lbs of the 10 I gained last week. I’ve stuck to my IF schedule, I’ve drank almost 3L of water daily I’ve stayed under my calorie goals every day mind some days I ate into my workout calories, I went out for walks every day with the exception of Monday, my snacking is still there but I’m making much better choices when it happens (unsalted nuts, fresh fruits and berries etc) and I’m only down 2 lbs of the 10. I was hoping to have lost at least half. I do believe my tummy swelling has something to do with this as I am more swollen around my incisions now than I have been since I had my surgery. The hematoma keeps filling back up after it gets drained and I think this may be a factor in my numbers. But it’s still extremely frustrating. Mid week I was actually down to 170 when the swelling started up and I was up 2 lbs the next day. Maybe I should stay out the challenge the rest of the month so I don’t negatively affect the team for the monthy results.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 174.4
    Todays Weight: 172.4

Steps:
    Sun - 8,644
    Mon - 7,414
    Tue - 13,250
    Wed - 10,536
    Thu - 12,381
    Fri - 14,090
    Sat - TBA

A 2 lb loss in a week is a tremendous accomplishment! From multiple sources I've read, a healthy weekly weight loss is 1-2 lbs. So you nailed it! You got this!!!!🙂🙂🙂
  • AllieMaine17
    AllieMaine17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey. Not a great week. Been up and down with tracking so I have put on.
    PW 183.4
    CW is 186.2
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/25
    Steps 8779
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/24~9,253
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Weigh Week 3
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 221.6
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should stay out the challenge the rest of the month so I don’t negatively affect the team for the monthy results.

[/quote]

We hall have our ups and downs don't worry about it, stay on!!!! you got this !!!!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don’t be silly @matthewsfive this is real life we will all have loss and gains and this teams results have to reflect that accuarately. No one just keeps losing weight there will come a point even with the same exercise and low calorie consumption even the most perfect persons body will get used to those factors and simply maintain. A bit like how humans become resistant to antibiotics eventually. If u don’t participate there is a high chance you fall off the wagon completely and give up. The point of this team is two fold - yes one to see if our team loses the most weight but two to make sure we all stay on track and don’t go back to old unhealthy weight gaining habits. I’ve gained 4 pounds this week so I know I’ve suffered a set back but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to weigh in. This week has helped me understand what factors which are out with my control make me gain. For me this week I’ve been ill and I’ve been commuting all over the place and not tracking properly so I now know those two elements have contributed to my gain. The next time I have a busy week I need to preplan and keep healthy food with me and take supplements like echinacea to boost my immune system or next time I’ll gain again.
This discussion has been closed.