WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps: 14181
    I expected this higher because did a lot of walking my daughter, grandkids, hubby and myself went to the amusement park. They did more rides then me, I walked because also to our dog. Although it was slow pace walk, so still good.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's late, I was out of town.

Steps

Sunday 16244
    Monday 14089
    Tuesday 18773
    Wednesday 15706
    Thursday 17428
    Friday 19562
    Saturday 19792
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Now I have to come into my groups and put in my disappointing number. I have let down my teammates and myself. I feel terrible but I have to be honest. Praying for a good week this week and hoping for some redemption. I was so scared of coming in here with this number but I couldn’t lie or pretend. I’m very sorry team 😔

Oh don't be so hard on yourself. You've been through an incredibly hard time! Give yourself some time and space to recover properly. Sending hugs and wishing you well, hopefully a more positive week, regardless of weight!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's late, I was out of town.

Steps

Sunday 16244
    Monday 14089
    Tuesday 18773
    Wednesday 15706
    Thursday 17428
    Friday 19562
    Saturday 19792

Wow @reflectionofme that's some great stepping? I need to be consistent like that! Are you a daily runner or fitness walker?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin sending you <3
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Sunday
    Pw 167.6
    Cw 166.1
  • Andreabroadley
    edited May 2019
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Are we able to predict @Andreabroadley loss if 3500 is one pound and her deficit is 4932. Does this mean she should have lost 1.4 pounds ‘in theory’ and without considering factors such as water retention and rate of metabolism etc ?

Water retention and waste retention would affect it. Theoretically my metabolism is in TDEE.. but I guess if I was unusually low/high it could be different..

Sure enough I lost 1.5 this week. This should work over time. If it doesn’t, I’m probably not tracking correctly in my experience.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well done @Andreabroadley
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @matthewsfive and @micki48 You are doing GREAT. It is wonderful to see team members who have been here a while, getting it done, evolving, learning what works.

I think posting weekly goals is something I need to do also - thanks for the top example of how this can work. I know several people on the team have used this simple idea and format, and it is time I do so also! Anyone else want to give it a try? Go for it :smiley:

Thank you
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @matthewsfive and @micki48 You are doing GREAT. It is wonderful to see team members who have been here a while, getting it done, evolving, learning what works.

I think posting weekly goals is something I need to do also - thanks for the top example of how this can work. I know several people on the team have used this simple idea and format, and it is time I do so also! Anyone else want to give it a try? Go for it :smiley:

I'm very goal-oriented too, so count me in. I'll post my goal for this week later today.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Team....I did something to myself this week.
    I’m 3 weeks post op from my skin removal surgery and as time went on struggling with my hematoma (which I’m still struggling with) I’ve allowed my depression to take over completely. I’ve had some difficult visits with my surgeon with some intense draining sessions and it’s been pretty traumatizing to say the least. This has been the worst part of the whole thing. Anyway. I was careful with my eating up until end of last week. I have gained 10 lbs since. I eat all the time and whatever I can get my hands on. I avoided the scales as I knew what it was gonna say and I just pretended it wasn’t happening. I’m turning the page today. I can’t continue this way. I know a good chunk of this gain is water but I will have to work my *kitten* off for the rest.
    As I’m doing better I’m going out for a walk today, I’m drinking 3 l of water, and I’m starting back on IF 16:8 with an eating window between 12 and 8p. I need to get my *kitten* together NOW.

Now I have to come into my groups and put in my disappointing number. I have let down my teammates and myself. I feel terrible but I have to be honest. Praying for a good week this week and hoping for some redemption. I was so scared of coming in here with this number but I couldn’t lie or pretend. I’m very sorry team 😔

That is a hard thing you did - posting a defeat, and acknowledging how badly you feel you have let us and yourself down. You have been an extraordinary inspiration to many, many people through this challenge, so now it is our turn to step up and inspire you, support you, and just be there to listen.

"Eating all the time and anything you can get your hands on", you said. I have always found that this is the scariest thing to break out of. For some weird reason, it is frightening to re-break the bad pattern. It is a visceral fear - one that does not respond well to reason. But you have broken it before, and you will do it again. Whatever eating plan works for you, the fear will go down REALLY FAST as soon as you get a day or two done. The night before you'll still be afraid, but as soon as you do one day - you know how much better you'll feel right away. Who cares if the scale still says bad things, you know that those days will add up. Hang in there, Mari! And keep us posted as you go.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Dinner failed... I'm really bad at cooking, and honestly this is the biggest barrier I have to eating better. But I don't know how to be better.

And I hate throwing out food. :(
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hello team. Thank you for all your kind responses to my previous post. I did better yesterday....could have been much better but I’m gonna he happy with my wins and leave my tails behind. I’m on day 2 of IF and hoping to make good progress this week. Today I’m focusing on NO snacking! This is gonna be very hard for me so wish me luck. Wishing you all a wonderful Monday!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Mari, after reading your post yesterday, I wondered if your doctor might have put you on some medicine before or after your surgery. I had cervical back surgery in 2017 and they put me on Gabapentin. After I went on it I was hungry all the time and gained almost 30 lbs. in just a few months. I am just now getting back down to where I was before I went on it. Just thought I'd share that with you...it might be something to think about. Wishing you good luck and hope you have a great day!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEKS MOD CHALLENGE WAS AN IDEA FROM ONE OF THE WARRIORS @melissafeagins. HERE IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM HER. "I know that last week it really helped me to tell the team my plan for the day. So, I am issuing a challenge to the group: Monday thru Friday of this week, please list two goals to help you with your weight loss journey."

SO HERE IT IS AND WERE GOING TO CALL THIS "MELISSA'S CHALLENGE".

POST 2 THINGS EACH DAY THIS WEEK THAT YOU PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH. IT COULD BE WORKING ON DROPPING A BAD HABIT.. IT COULD BE THE OPPOSITE AND STARTING A NEW HABIT... JUST POST 2 THINGS OR MORE THAN YOU CAN TACKLE AND FINISH EACH DAY THIS WEEK.
    NOW GO OUT THERE AND LET'S LOOSE SOME WEIGHT AND HAVE FUN DOING IT .
    YOUR MODS
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/19
    Steps: 7557

Better than Saturday!! I'm happy to be home from our mini vacay!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Well done @Andreabroadley

Thanks! Very much appreciated!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Dinner failed... I'm really bad at cooking, and honestly this is the biggest barrier I have to eating better. But I don't know how to be better.

And I hate throwing out food. :(

Oh no! Go check out the thread on food that has been going in the "Announcements" section of the F2F home page - there are some seriously difficult things there, but a few easy ones too. MFP has a recipe thread too, but I find it overwhelming and full of things I would not really want to eat.

Personally, I am the queen of the skillet meal - I put everything into one pan. Start with the longer cooking things (I love to start with some sweet potato) and get it good and brown in a small amount of oil, then one at a time throw in whatever other veggies you might have on hand, ending with the faster cooking greens. Somewhere along the line put in some protein - near the end for quick things like shrimp or fish, earlier for chicken or other meat (cut up). Often I just use some beans or tofu, but use whatever you like. Then the part that makes you into a brilliant cook - a bit of sauce. Get a jar of good pesto and put in a couple of tablespoons. Or some teriaki sauce if you're in that mood, or just some mix of herbs, salt and pepper, a bit of tomato sauce - whatever you want. In any case, that is one easy fairly foolproof thing you can try. There are tons of ideas out there - have fun with it!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    My two things for today are:
    1. Stick to my nutritionist's eating plan. Which is protein, fat, veggies/fruit at each meal, and maximum 2 grain servings. PM snack at 3-4 PM.
    2. Stick to my water plan, which is 8-10 cups per day.

I probably can't get that much TDEE today due to things I need to get done at home, so if I do the above, I won't derail myself.
This discussion has been closed.