WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Sorry about this rant. Just... really depressed today.

Feels like every positive change I try to make backfires. Sure I've lost weight, but I'm sicker now than I ever was at my heaviest.

I'd rather be fat and feel OK than thin and miserable.

Two more days to get through until a doctor's appointment that will most likely be a waste of time, like all the rest.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    @jugar I posted my steps for 18 - 21 on the 22nd and 22 on the 24...did u get them all or should I repost?

23 - 14788
    24 - 17330
    25 - 25102 - hiking @the lake
    26 - 14943

all caught up...sorry...thigs will slow down after this week!!

Don't know how I missed this one! Thanks ----
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Picture of Something your reading. Share why you are reading this. What it means to you. "the Beck Diet solution: train your brain to think like a thin person" by Judith Beck PhD. Why - I'm having so much difficulty sticking to what I want to do. A couple days then it's left field again snacking on anything sweet that's available. Would like to stop sabotaging myself and achieve my goals.
    Monday - Picture of something you bought. Why did you buy it? Why was it needed? An actual digital food scale. I think my portions are bigger than have been logging and would like to be accurate.

Tuesday - Picture of your favorite kitchen tool. Why is it your favorite? What do you use it for?
    Wednesday - Picture of your work in progress. What is it? What will you use it for when your done?
    Thursday - Picture of Exploring the outdoors. Where are you at? What did you find?
    Friday - Picture of something extraordinary. What is it? Why is it extra special?
    Saturday - Picture of just a smile. Who's smile is it? What is beautiful about it?
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 139.3
    CW: 137

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 139.3
    CW: 137

Amazing! Well done!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sorry about this rant. Just... really depressed today.

Feels like every positive change I try to make backfires. Sure I've lost weight, but I'm sicker now than I ever was at my heaviest.

I'd rather be fat and feel OK than thin and miserable.

Two more days to get through until a doctor's appointment that will most likely be a waste of time, like all the rest.

Wish I could grab you and hug you in person. There are many ways doctors can help, but a lot of the time we just have to be our own experiment of one. If you are feeling sicker while losing, there might be changes to your diet that you need - but it is really hard to find which ones. Or you may be making changes that are too drastic. If you get no help from the docs, try a dietitian, perhaps. A magic solution (easy pill! no side effects!) would be awesome, but sadly they rarely exist.

And never apologize for a good rant. At our house, we give them ratings like an Olympic performance. Of course, then you still have to deal with your problem, but at least you've had a chance to shout and carry on about it to an appreciative audience!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    STEPPERS! I need some updates for May 19-25 when you have a chance:
    @BMcC9 - Tues-Sat

I'm hoping that some folks who have been rather quiet lately are doing OK -- give us an update if you can!

I'll get all the backdated steps in tonight ... including yesterday ...
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone can shed light on this. In the last few days, I've developed a tremor in my hands (I'm actually struggling to type this).
    I've had temporary tremors/feeling shaky during pregnancy, normally after skipping a meal and always carried some chocolate/sweets with me, which seemed to help. So I'm guessing it's when my sugar dips too low. Never had it out of pregnancy before and also, this time it's specifically my hands. Now, obviously I do not want to rely on chocolates and sweets to treat this so in the meantime I'm waiting it out. Also, I have just had a big meal so that can't be it.
    Thoughts anyone?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Curious if anyone can shed light on this. In the last few days, I've developed a tremor in my hands (I'm actually struggling to type this).
    I've had temporary tremors/feeling shaky during pregnancy, normally after skipping a meal and always carried some chocolate/sweets with me, which seemed to help. So I'm guessing it's when my sugar dips too low. Never had it out of pregnancy before and also, this time it's specifically my hands. Now, obviously I do not want to rely on chocolates and sweets to treat this so in the meantime I'm waiting it out. Also, I have just had a big meal so that can't be it.
    Thoughts anyone?

I'm hypoglycemic and get a bit shaky like this when my blood sugar drops, but I don't think I've experienced tremors outside of that except for a couple of occasions when I was extremely nervous/scared about something. If you recently ate, then I'd guess it's unlikely to be your blood sugar.

If you've been experiencing this for a few days now, I'd encourage you to go to your doctor. I don't want to scare you, but an older friend of mine developed tremors due to some neurological issues so it might be advisable to rule out anything like that before it has a chance to get worse. Hopefully it will be just some minor thing - perhaps even a trapped nerve or something similar - but safest to get checked out! *hugs and best wishes*
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's my pic for something I bought. I don't spend a lot of time on me. Only about 2 or 3 times a week do I have the time to get dolled up but when I do I live to curl my hair. So I bought this wand for me 😊wkp0tc1mvbig.jpg
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 271.6
    CW: 271.0
  • jugar
    Options
    Here's my pic for something I bought. I don't spend a lot of time on me. Only about 2 or 3 times a week do I have the time to get dolled up but when I do I live to curl my hair. So I bought this wand for me 😊

It feels good to look good - it even changes the way you walk and present yourself to the world. So good one!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sorry skipped out this weekend, have been binge eating primarily healthy just over abundance of choices. I am going to take some time away from logging. I will continue to add my weight, and exercise just not logging it.
  • jugar
    Options
    It is weird. I am having trouble picking out anything I have bought - but decided finally to go with a dress I bought last September when I was visiting my mom in North Carolina. I had to order it and have it sent to me to get the right size, and by then it was colder at home, so I have never worn it anywhere. Well, I'm leaving on Saturday to go back and visit my mom again, and it is HOT there! Ten years ago, I though I would never be seen sleeveless again in my life. Now I'm proud to say that I love to show off my muscles, even if my skin does look all of its 65 years old!

I just tried to take a picture of it, but it looks weird just hanging there, so you'll have to make do with the catalogue photo. Just picture a model who is pale, white-haired, only 5 feet tall, kind of goofy, and you'll get the idea!
    wlfdtqe8bxam.png

• jugar
    Options
    @perla4686 - I think @SueSueDio gave good advice. It sounds like you should have this checked out - always good to know just in case! I know the shakes can take all kinds of forms, when you're hungry, nervous, missing certain vitamins, or just exhausted, but it is important to find out. <3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I just bought new sneakers because I realized I had walked all the tread off the bottom of my other sneakers. I am proud of all the steps I ‘ve taken this year.

Steps 5/26 5,304
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Backdated steps:
    Last Week:
    May 20 10,833
    May 21 10,430
    May 22 11,653
    May 23 16,041
    May 24 11,438
    May 25 12,030

So far this week:
    May 26 12,107
    (despite not getting credit for steps all morning and afternoon ... "battery empty" but mysteriously replenished itself to "low" by late afternoon, and was "full" yesterday morning ... with no physical battery change or charge .... anyone able to explain that trick?
    May 27 12,212

• BMcC9
    Options
    I have been MIA mostly because I have been trying soooooooooo hard to ban not ONLY books, but also new apps on my tablet (and MFP on both the tablet and main-box) from slowing my morning routine lately.

Then when I get home ... I have been more "tablet" than "mainbox" ... and maybe it's my aging eyes or maybe it's just that I have never been a texter .... but the "community side" has been neglected just plain from size of PRINT. Although I DO like the extended emoji pallet!

Gotta keep with my plan, and head out now ... beat the traffic ... (and ate breaky at home so that I can start a bit early due to a semi-annual very short medical appointment at noon - just a 5 minute monitoring check - been stable for years so just an in-and-out thing)
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/27~ 8,538
  • jugar
    Options
    Wednesday - Picture of your work in progress. I'm really looking forward to other people's posts on this one...

Here is mine:

qq3i5h45t6yu.png

I am SLOWLY working my way through several years of live concert recordings from the 80s and 90s, digitizing them, and eventually I'll publish the best ones on the web so people can listen to them. These cassettes have been sitting in a box for ages, and it is really interesting listening to them after all this time. I find it very difficult. Some are surprisingly wonderful. But all have moments that make me wince - performers are all terrible at listening to themselves - and I doubt constantly that I should bother. But my husband loves them, and I'm sure some other people might as well. So I carry on, and as soon as I have permission from the other people playing on these, I'll figure out the best way to make them public. I'm not very good at this stuff (digitizing, dividing into individual tracks for each movement, removing extraneous sounds like tuning, shuffling pages, etc.) but I'm slogging on getting there.
This discussion has been closed.