WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Tuesday steps: 6471
    slacked off today and did not exercise other than my hour walk.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM WAISTAWAYS... LISELYN
    I HAVE ADDED @SueSueDio TO YOUR TEAM
    SHE IS ON THE SUPPORT TEAM UNTIL THE JUNE CHALLENGE IS UNDER WEIGH
    PLEASE WELCOME YOUR NEWEST TEAM MATE
    GREG
    A HEADS UP HERE SHE HAS SOME PRETTY SPECIFIC GOALS HERE
    @Navydaddjtc Is there any difference in the focus of the various teams? (e.g. "Workout Warriors" sounds more fitness focused.) If not, then I don't mind where you put me. :) Otherwise, I'd like to be in a team that has calorie tracking as its main focus, since that's where I'm really having trouble at the moment. Thank you![/quote]

THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I PLACED HER WITH THIS TEAM.
    GREG
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome @SueSueDio it is encouraged to post anything you involved with your goals, how you are doing what you want to track etc. We are all here to support each other and encourage.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    The sun is actually shining today, and it might even go above 50 degrees F. The leaves are really popping out now, but so are the black flies... I love living here, but there are issues, like anywhere :#

@perla4686 - looks like you did not do too much damage! Your weigh in still shows green B)
    @jlbtnc - enjoy a slack day - but it isn't too slack if you managed over 6000 steps. Bump those numbers back up today and you'll be golden.
    @micki48 - I love your description of the strawberry cake. For a good cause. Even if it slows down your personal cause, it sounds like you enjoyed it thoroughly and well. Back on the S&N today and you'll hit onederland SOON. Even if your scale is being a jerk. Stupid thing. >:)

@SueSueDio - WELCOME! I spoke with @Navydaddjtc yesterday, and I'm more than happy to welcome you here to our team. There are many calorie counters here (including myself). We try to keep that calorie deficit going. We try to increase our TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), balance our diets in ways to (hopefully!) match our own systems, and learn as much as we can about this whole health thing. We have some members doing intermittent fasting (IF), but most keep their counts and calculate daily calorie deficit as a way to keep things moving in the right direction. Jump in the discussions - there are people at every stage of their journey here, so tell us a bit about yourself, and see if this is the right team for you. It is possible to change at any time if it doesn't fit!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    Username: fourathomej
    Weigh in day: WED
    PW: 148
    CW: 149

I blame the long weekend... :D
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @SueSueDio I'm a calorie tracker and IF as well!! WELCOME!!!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    STEPS:
    05/18 - 12311
    05/19 - 14566
    05/20 - 12390
    05/21 - 15681

Sorry...life is just plain stoopid right now!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    STEPS:
    05/18 - 12311
    05/19 - 14566
    05/20 - 12390
    05/21 - 15681

Sorry...life is just plain stoopid right now!!!
    Nothing to apologize for - those steps are GREAT and life just does these things to us, doesn't it. Hang in there!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh day - Wednesday
    PW - 176.8
    CW - 175.8
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome @SueSueDio! Wishing you the best of luck!!
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weigh day - Wednesday
    PW - 176.8
    CW - 175.8

There you go into the GREEN! great week :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Hello everyone, thank you for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

A bit about me...

I joined MFP in January 2016, after losing just a couple of pounds from my highest weight of somewhere around 220lbs. Over the course of the next couple of years I lost slowly but surely, mainly by calorie deficit as I'm very sedentary - partly because I was unemployed and depressed for a lot of the time, but also partly because I'm just plain lazy... ;) (Hey, at least I admit it! B) )

I got down to my lowest weight of 145lbs last summer (just a few short of my goal), but gained a few pounds back over the winter with holidays and good food. I expected that, and figured I'd lose them again before summer because that's what had happened the previous year. I started this year at 150lbs.

Then life hit me hard. At the end of February I had four cats and a job. By Easter I had two cats left (one had to be put to sleep, one died unexpectedly in my arms) and was unemployed again. It's been rough emotionally, and a bit of "allowing a little comfort eating" has got completely out of hand. As of today I'm 159.5lbs and firmly back in the overweight category. :( I can't keep kidding myself that it's "just water weight"!

I need to get myself back on track, but I'm finding it really hard to get back in the right place mentally. I'll log for a couple of days, even if it's over my goal, and then slide again. I know that logging and tracking faithfully is the right thing to do for me, but I just can't seem to stick to it right now. So, I figured joining a support group like this might help me to get my mind back in the game! I might need a swift kick in the butt now and again, and I think my regular MFP friends are too kind to do that... ;)

Swift kicks and swift hurrahs can come your way as needed! You are not the only one in here struggling with getting back on after sliding. If it was easy, it wouldn't happen this way, though, would it? So you're doing the right thing by pulling up your socks and getting over here!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/20~8,017
    5/21~4,073
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Hello everyone ...

I need to get myself back on track, but I'm finding it really hard to get back in the right place mentally. I'll log for a couple of days, even if it's over my goal, and then slide again. I know that logging and tracking faithfully is the right thing to do for me, but I just can't seem to stick to it right now. So, I figured joining a support group like this might help me to get my mind back in the game! I might need a swift kick in the butt now and again, and I think my regular MFP friends are too kind to do that... ;)

This F2F sub-thread from back in early March has very valuable Sick-start information - 7 Steps To Never Quit Again https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again/p1

Comments were invited daily on successive steps. I am also sending you a PM with the 7 detailed steps (minus the various inputs) via PM, so you know who you got mail from.

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @SueSueDio
    I get through most of the annoying stuff in my life by promising if I do it this time, I can quit tomorrow. Or in an hour. Or, in the case of exercise, after 10 more squats.

It's one of those lies I tell myself to get going.

Also my phone is always in my pocket, which makes calorie counting more convenient.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Speaking of "phones in your pocket" ... you can set an alarm / countdown - possibly on vibrate for work hours - for (say) 1 hr .... whenever it goes off ... you have to get up and walk around for a bit.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    or dance around .... although that variation might be better left to AFTER work hours .....

b926qpd20j1a.png
This discussion has been closed.