What’s your newest exciting Keto food discovery?

Options

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'm generally not a fan of replacement keto foods, so if there is something that I really want, I'll just eat. The caveat being that I can't do gluten, so even if wanted something like pizza, I can't, so there's that. I did make a cauliflower crust once, and it was okay, but not life changing. Really, I just enjoy discovering new recipes more than specific foods. Like, over the weekend, I was really craving Caprese, so I made a recipe using mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, pesto, and avocado. It was super yum and I'll definitely make it again.

My husband does Keto as well, and he's missing more things than I am, but he's only 2 weeks in. He recently discovered Zevia which helps him get his sweet drink fix without any of the guilt.
  • Trulyjooly
    Trulyjooly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THachAb wrote: »
    I just learned about Konjac (shiritaki) noodles yesterday. I think this could be a game changer for me!! 💕

Girl. SO GOOD! They're super cheap through vitacost.
  • Trulyjooly
    Trulyjooly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Natural Earth monkfruit sweetener. I really enjoy using it in baking and if I ever have coffee.

Me too! So much better than steavia. I can have cheesecake now!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken/egg/parmesan pizza crust best, cooked on a pizza stone it gets nice and crispy on the edges...like instant chicken pizza, and then you can add whatever sauce & cheese you like...buffalo sauce and some bleu cheese along with the pizza cheese is good...or an alfredo sauce with plain cheese pizza toppings...or lots of veggies...so yum...plus, it helps me hit my protein goals.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I'm generally not a fan of replacement keto foods, so if there is something that I really want, I'll just eat. The caveat being that I can't do gluten, so even if wanted something like pizza, I can't, so there's that. I did make a cauliflower crust once, and it was okay, but not life changing. Really, I just enjoy discovering new recipes more than specific foods. Like, over the weekend, I was really craving Caprese, so I made a recipe using mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, pesto, and avocado. It was super yum and I'll definitely make it again.

My husband does Keto as well, and he's missing more things than I am, but he's only 2 weeks in. He recently discovered Zevia which helps him get his sweet drink fix without any of the guilt.

The Dr. Pepper version of Zevia was pretty tasty! I wasn't a fan of the regular cola but I am excited to try their other flavors.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love seaweed. Seriously, the most convenient, tasty snack that you can eat your fill of and have no worries.

qiu0o0hovz98.png

• MichiganJen
    MichiganJen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chocolate avocado pudding. So simple to make.

I’m kinda mad I waited so long to make it. It’s really good.

#ilickedthebowl

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    chocolate egg curd: 2 egs, 40 g. heavy cream, some water, 10 g. cocoa powder, eritrytol and water (to make a bigger portion). Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan with low fire and stir until it thickens. Let it cool down. I makes two nice portions. I like it frozen.

Nice, I will steam it to make pudding ! x
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    MAGIC SPOON!!!!! Keto cereal!!!!!

Seriously expensive but so friggin worth it as a treat. Crunch, crunch, crunch. I used a little watered down cream.
    OMG, So freakin’ good.
    gebq291yklrc.jpeg
    q8bjmc023asb.jpeg
  • cqdejavu
    cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dried Prawns (Kardi) Masala (Spicy) Fried

I was always missing something crunchy in my meals. Becon is luxury considering high calories and pork rinds is something which is unheard of in my home country. So here is the alternate pleasure food discovery which I use almost daily in my omad meal to satisfy that urge for salty spicy crunchy munchies.

j7oxz8p0pl02.jpg
    9e1e98bc42y0.jpeg
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

I made this not long ago when I had a pizza craving:

https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/

Made it in a glass casserole dish. I'm not gonna sugar coat it...that *kitten* was delicious!! I ate the whole damn thing!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older post, but some really good ideas in this thread!!

I haven't tried the shirataki noodles yet. But even before going keto, I would sometimes substitute pasta with spaghetti squash, I love the stuff!

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Chocolate avocado pudding. So simple to make.

I’m kinda mad I waited so long to make it. It’s really good.

#ilickedthebowl

Need this recipe!!!!
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that the Tumaro’s whole grain wraps have only 3-4g net carbs, so I can have taco night again! And quesadillas. And maybe a chimichanga.

Oh, and chicharron nachos are totally a lovely, high fat thing.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @x_Minerva_x me too!!! I found them really cheap at Walmart too in their Asian food section. My 7 yo daughter started me off on then - she had a friend from school who got her started. So now I have to FIGHT my kids and hide them because both of them love these too lol.
  • Jessimom2
    Options
    Just found Paleo granola at Sprouts. With a couple tablespoons of heavy cream it is a great small meal. Also they have odd flavors of almonds there. Thai coconut and salt/vinegar. Another great snack :)
  • Jessimom2
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Oh. And as a special treat. Since chocolate is always a treat. 1/2 or 1/3 Lily’s coconut chocolate bar. Really nice to have that during certain times of the month. And the same with Rebel ice cream. They are both so expensive though. So I save them as a treat. Prior to keto I’d have saved chocolate and ice cream as treats anyway. No different now :)
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM! Yes I’ve made all kinds of yummy concoctions at home but frankly I am really, really busy and a convenient treat after a long hot day of hard work is a friggin’ god send. Worth every gram of sugar.
    At 16 grams for the whole darn pint I don’t feel as guilty as I should.
    Some of the flavors had more sugar, I did choose the lowest sugar. It’s definitely a treat!
  • SameMeLessFat
    SameMeLessFat Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    wywqltvkpzdg.jpg

Only 1 carb
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    ICE CREAM! Yes I’ve made all kinds of yummy concoctions at home but frankly I am really, really busy and a convenient treat after a long hot day of hard work is a friggin’ god send. Worth every gram of sugar.
    At 16 grams for the whole darn pint I don’t feel as guilty as I should.
    Some of the flavors had more sugar, I did choose the lowest sugar. It’s definitely a treat!

I just discovered those! Way better than halo. Ive had the cold brew coffee one twice now. Pint at a time.