Options

Replies

• karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    HAPPY FRIDAY!

... Then I went to my mother-in-law's house. It was so weird being there in the empty house without her and her little dog. I started going through clothes ....

Hugs to you!

I remember what that kinda thing is like ... I had to empty my sister's house six years ago, although she was still in hospice at the time (lost her to late-discovered ovarian cancer) ... yeah, it IS strange going through all the "orphaned things" and figuring out what to do with them all .... and wondering "why would she have chosen to keep this??"

I lost my big sister to ovarian cancer too. She was misdiagnosed by her primary care physician for over a year. Stage 4 by the time she was correctly diagnosed. Watched her rally and suffer thru surgeries and treatments for 3 years. What an experience. Keep well my friend!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    UserID: SueSueDio
    Weigh in: Weds wk 2
    PW: 159.5
    CW: 158.5

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    UserID: fourathomej
    Weigh in: Weds wk 2
    PW: 149
    CW: 149

GRRRRRRRR.....
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    A Wednesday. We associate Wednesday with stagnation, the "hump" of the week, and all the W words - why where what when.

So yes, @karenesg and @fourathomej - it is frustrating. I am having one of those weeks too. @Perla4686 and some others who may not have posted could also be in a bit of a slump. We know what to do. We do not quite get it right. Let's make next Wednesday have its real meaning.
    • Wednesday is named for the Nordic god-figure Odin. Odin gave one of his eyes in return for a drink of water from Mimir’s well. It was told that whoever drank from that well would become very wise.
    • Odin had two ravens named Huginn and Muninn (Memory and Thought). Every morning the ravens flew out through the nine worlds. They returned each evening and reported all they had seen and heard to Odin.
    • Odin had a horse named Sleipnir. Sleipnir had eight legs. All men who died in battle would come to Valhalla in their afterlife. Odin ruled in Valhalla.
    So for the next days, until next Wednesday, let's give something important to become wiser, collect memory and thought by listening more, and run like heck to make sure that those who have a rough time end up somewhere wonderful. Can we do this?
    b5m8202747eo.png

• jugar
    Options
    You, @SueSueDio are doing great on a Wednesday!!!! Maybe you do not need 8 legs for the next week...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    micki48 I received a friend request from you. Excuse my ignorance but I've never had 'virtual' friends before, I don't have Facebook or any other social media thingies so I'm a bit clueless. Please enlighten me what the friends thing is about. I just about manage using this site ;)

Friends on MFP show up in the newsfeed. And you get updates that friends write, know when they complete diary (some people even let you see their diaries), it shares when you lose weight.

Many of us on here have MFP friends. If you’d rather not, no worries.
  • micki48
    Options
    I wrote a whole big post, then lost it. So... the long story short...I’m trying to get back on that wagon too.
  • micki48
    Options
    wlin8ygipapb.jpeg
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    You, @SueSueDio are doing great on a Wednesday!!!! Maybe you do not need 8 legs for the next week...

Thank you - it was a surprise, to be honest! I don't feel like I'm doing well, not mentally at least, but I'm trying to work my way out of it. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP! Thursday weigh-ins:

@Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17

Hope you're having a good week, but if not - come on in and complain! I'm in the mood...
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I will log all my food, drink all my water, get my steps in and stay within my goal today.

I will log all my food, drink all my water, get my steps in and stay within my goal today.

Just reminding myself. 😊

Thanks!! You reminded me as well! We’ve got this!
  • jugar
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This is some week. Every single recent message is about hanging on through the tough times. There are great reminders of what is important, and lots of OUCH. Let's put our heads together to figure out what helps the most. Some of you already have this -

@micki48 - your repeated intentions to log, drink the water, get the steps, and stay on goal are just what we all need. Just do it. Four small things we all need to do - today and every day. That was a powerful and simple reminder. Thanks!!!

@Terytha - you are also going through some tough times. You exercised in anger - and used music to reach the amazing energy you can find there. Anger gives us strength - and you USED the strength instead of letting it eat you up. Another great reminder! You know that wonderful word "hangry" when you're just generally nasty because you are hungry? I think we need one for the awesome exercise we get when we put our anger in there instead of against our loved ones and co-workers. No hunger required! Angrambulation? (walking off the anger) StrengthAng training? Angdancing? Use it. And then eat right. Show them.

@juliemargaretkim - I loved the description of your class when you had to do mountain climbers just as you thought it might be time to rest. Yes. That is one of the great values of exercising with a leader - they know you can do more and they get it out of you. The goal of doing it for those who cannot is beautiful. Thank you. Thank you.

@cory17 - such a lot of stuff happening! A funeral, your stepfather-in-law in ICU, your DH not taking it too well (maybe he needs some angrambulation!). YOU HANG IN THERE. You know what to do to feel well, and you have all of us with you. Big hugs flying your way.

@BMcC9 - weight off your shoulders. That sounds like such a relief, and it is amazing that your scales confirmed it for you! Deep breaths all around <3

I spent another day going through my mother-in-law's house. There is something satisfying about letting the house breathe after the kind of excessive accumulation that was happening there as my MIL became somewhat obsessed about her THINGS. It is nice to help her say goodbye in a way she could not do for herself. I am starting with the easy stuff - food, clothes, useless documents. Her sons will have to deal with the significant stuff later, but I am glad, if in a weird state of mind, to go through the excess and useless. I am inspired to get rid of more excess so that my children never have to do this. But I am "saluting the Queen" by raiding her drinks cupboard towards the end of the day the way we used to do together - and this is not a great idea! Although, perhaps the Queen appreciates the support...

Big weigh-in day tomorrow. I'll post the list shortly!
  • jugar
    Options
    WAW vs WOW game on challengers!

We are doing great, but could do better. Catch up on your points, make tomorrow better than today, and we'll see if we can catch up on the "average per player" score! Let's give the Warriors a run for their money.

@mari_moulin
    @evangsimmons170
    @zlauerMom
    @Andreabroadley
    and ME
This discussion has been closed.