evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 11,642
    Water (in oz) = 32

@jugar, please use this for the step challenge too this week. Thanks.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin would it be ok if I used the idea behind the above challenge for the other group I am involved in? As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".. :)

Of course! Anything to help others reach their goals. It’s what we are all about!

Thanks Mari!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley

Sunday weigh in. Week 2..

Previous weight: 164.1
    Current weight: 162.4 (this is 0.4 above my June 30 goal I set for myself)

Well, I am pretty pleased with how the nutritionist plan has worked out. I think I am down about 7-8 pounds since I started a few weeks ago. It is hard work but it is paying off. It is a definite grind cutting back on the treats but I am excited to weigh myself these days. And I am feeling better.

Thanks for your support!

I just saw that I got your weigh-in wrong last week! I reversed 2 numbers and had you down for 161.4. Sorry! It is actually way better the real way - more even, steady loss. But it means that I was wrong that you were our #3 loser for the month -- that honour goes to @reflectionofme ! Great job, both of you.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    PW = 194.0
    CW = 191.8

Steps
    June 6 - 8,321
    June 7 - 11,609
    June 8 - 10,159
    June 9 - 10,254

Yikes, Lots of reading for me to catch up on! I stepped away from the computer for a couple of days to deal with graduation stuff.
    I'm super stoked that I managed to get through all the graduation craziness without totally derailing myself. I allowed myself a couple of glasses of wine and one amazing cupcake. I'm so thankful that I found the FAT2FIT group here. I know that having to post my numbers is what kept me from caving in. I did forget to put my Fitbit back on after a shower one day. So my step numbers could have been better.

I'd like to be in for the challenge against Workout Warriors.

@jugar I have a friend that does house clean-outs. Every once in a while she'll ask me to help out if she needs it. It's usually when it is a particularly big job or someone is a collector of something(s). It can be a difficult time for family. I understand just how much work you might be facing. And there are lots of memories with the most mundane things that add to it for your family. Good luck with going through you mom-in-law's place.

@evangsimmons170 Water weight has driven me crazy in the past. I found when I did a lot of weight work, I would gain water weight for a couple of days. You know its temporary so don't let it get you down!!

@Terytha Feeling like you haven't been married that long is a good sign! Happy Anniversary!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks @zlauerMom - I am actually enjoying going through my mother-in-law's house. It helps that we have plenty of time, and that I'm not responsible for the valuable stuff. My husband and his brother get to go through the papers and important goods, so I just get to have a good laugh over the 40 sweaters, at least 50 nail files and emery boards, the hundreds of hair products, clips, pins, and stuff (for someone with short hair who has not used them in forever!). The clothes will take time just because there are so many and most are of excellent quality. All of them are too big for me, I'm happy to say! I also keep my bike in her garage, so every time I go there to work, I also spend at least an hour on the bike trail.
  • jugar
    Options
    So sorry for the delay. It's been a very busy weekend for me. It's 4:12 am as I'm typing this, and I've been up all night writing a novel excerpt for a church project coming up next month. I'm so excited! Anyway, here are my steps for the week:
    Wait a minute - I almost missed this in all the number logging. A novel! I always found your writing to be exceptional, but this is fabulous. Hope we get to read some of it too!
  • jugar
    Options
    MONDAY weigh-ins still to come:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @tdrjustus3

thanks!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sorry I've been MIA a few days. Fell completely off the wagon but hopefully back on now!
    I'm up for the team WAW v team WOW challenge. What do I do and am I not to late?
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry I've been MIA a few days. Fell completely off the wagon but hopefully back on now!
    I'm up for the team WAW v team WOW challenge. What do I do and am I not to late?

Not too late! It will be great to have you along. Just send me an email, and I'll send you the "invitation" to the team spreadsheet. Everyone will keep their own score - it is easy, but don't hesitate to ask if there are any issues. My email is liselyn@gmail.com - so just send me a short message and we'll be off and running.

And welcome back on the wagon :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 11,642
    Water (in oz) = 32

6/10/19
    Exercise minutes = 90
    Steps = 12,383
    Water (in oz) = 37

@jugar...Don't forget I'm submitting my steps in this format this week instead of my usual FitBit screen shot. Thanks much!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    A bit stressed out yesterday due to some medical tests and my nervous stomach got the best of me. Carr’s water crackers and cream cheese were consumed.

Oh well at least I get to fast before the test this morning lol.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 2
    Weigh In Day Monday
    PW: 270.0
    CW: 270.6
  • jugar
    Options
    A bit stressed out yesterday due to some medical tests and my nervous stomach got the best of me. Carr’s water crackers and cream cheese were consumed.

Oh well at least I get to fast before the test this morning lol.

You could have done a LOT worse! Happy fasting...
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning all!

It has become rather quiet on our chat thread - I figure it is because the weather is wonderful and we're all outside doing outdoor things, right? Or hard at work. If anyone has an idea, a problem, a triumph, an inspiration, or a rant - bring it on. Sometimes our discussions get pretty interesting. They're always helpful.

@evangsimmons170 - don't worry. I'm getting those step numbers! And good ones they are indeed. Thanks for telling us about your writing. It is beautiful how you are finding a way to help people with so many things at once - the pleasure of literacy, their consideration of others, and sharing your creating as you go. I love the idea of reading and writing as an intervention.

@Perla4686 welcome back again! The wagon does get awfully tippy at times, and crawling back up seems hard. Once you get a few days under your belt, the belt will get looser and you'll love the wagon again!

Have a good one, everybody. No weigh-ins for today, and only one late one! @juliemargaretkim ? Are you still with us? <3
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How much water weight does the average person hold? I find I’m always about 3-4 pounds heavier on Sundays even though the last two weekends I’ve stuck to my MFP recommended calorie consumption deficit or only gone as far as my maintainance calorie goal. By Monday evening/Tuesday about 2 pounds just disappear again??? Although I’m sticking to the deficit I have had high sodium intake so maybe that has caused retention.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I always go up a pound or two (at least!) after a high sodium or high carb meal. I've heard of some people "gaining" 5-6lbs or more after a single evening out! Drink more water - it comes off eventually, but it can be frustrating... especially if it happens before a weigh-in... ;)
  • jugar
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    How much water weight does the average person hold? I find I’m always about 3-4 pounds heavier on Sundays even though the last two weekends I’ve stuck to my MFP recommended calorie consumption deficit or only gone as far as my maintainance calorie goal. By Monday evening/Tuesday about 2 pounds just disappear again??? Although I’m sticking to the deficit I have had high sodium intake so maybe that has caused retention.

Water is impossible to generalise about - but it does change a lot. One morning I was 1 pound different between 6 am and 7 am, and I peed before both times I weighed myself! I don't think I had that much water in there! Also the day after a really intense workout session I'll always weigh less. Salt is often a culprit in the gains, but mostly I think we should just not worry too much about a fluctuation of a small % of our total body weight. If the general trend is in the right direction, it's good!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HAPPY FRIDAY!

... Then I went to my mother-in-law's house. It was so weird being there in the empty house without her and her little dog. I started going through clothes ....

Hugs to you!

I remember what that kinda thing is like ... I had to empty my sister's house six years ago, although she was still in hospice at the time (lost her to late-discovered ovarian cancer) ... yeah, it IS strange going through all the "orphaned things" and figuring out what to do with them all .... and wondering "why would she have chosen to keep this??"
This discussion has been closed.