Weighing in Friday
    PW: 182
    CW: 183.2
    Aargh (banging head against wall :# )
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Many of us on here have MFP friends. If you’d rather not, no worries. [/quote]

When I get my act together. Too embarrassing at the moment :'(
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Many of us on here have MFP friends. If you’d rather not, no worries.

When I get my act together. Too embarrassing at the moment :'(
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcCue (cheer squad)
    CW: 135.5
  • BMcC9
    Options
    The link leads to a late-March thread (now closed), so I wasn't able to quote / copy just the video link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10734719/week-4-motivational-video#latest

originally posted by @Navydaddjtc. It looks like lots of us could benefit from this reminder.

Summary of 3 minute video: Have faith in the process even when the end is out of view.

Let us know if you have watched it, what you thought while watching it, and and what change in either action or attitude it prompts in your own situation.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in Friday
    PW: 182
    CW: 183.2
    Aargh (banging head against wall :# )

That means you are maintaining! That's a good thing!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AmyBF
    PW 212
    CW 212

I am a bit surprised, I have logged and did pretty well with calories.
    I have been at the church decorating for VBS, moving pews, climbing stairs, building a cabin, making a waterfall.....I really thought I would lose a little. But that’s ok, I have slept great this week so if that’s my reward I will take it!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Terytha - you are also going through some tough times. You exercised in anger - and used music to reach the amazing energy you can find there. Anger gives us strength - and you USED the strength instead of letting it eat you up. Another great reminder! You know that wonderful word "hangry" when you're just generally nasty because you are hungry? I think we need one for the awesome exercise we get when we put our anger in there instead of against our loved ones and co-workers. No hunger required! Angrambulation? (walking off the anger) StrengthAng training? Angdancing? Use it. And then eat right. Show them.

Angersize maybe? :tongue:

I feel better again today. TGIF everyone! It's rainy here today which is a nice break from the heat.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    All weights logged up to this point! We've had some ups, some downs, some staying puts. Thanks to @BMcC9 for the reminder and posting of that video. It is a good reminder - and as @evangsimmons170 said, we CAN control how we react to the crazy curves that life throws us. It isn't always easy, and sometimes we blow it. Hang on!

@jlbtnc and @Perla4686 - even though you had a gain, watch that video and don't forget we're all here and have all been there. Perla - there is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. Your friends are not going to run away when things aren't going perfectly. I remember being terribly embarrassed about going to the gym when I first started out. Luckily, more than one person made an encouraging remark about how great it was that I was there, taking the work seriously, and that I was just going to get better and better. It made a difference, and I felt a little less out of place. You are here to work hard at this, and you are sticking with it, even when it gets tough.

@Loriab901 - here is your cake. Play hard and eat some! You have lost over 6 pounds this month - so a little cake is NOT going to do any harm! Well done.
    hleoydk143l3.png

@AmyRobF - stamp your foot! But remember you made a waterfall. How the heck do you do that? WOW.

@Terytha you have made the perfect word. I'll just perfect the spelling. ANGERCIZE. Yes. B)
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    CW 129
    I’ve not logged this week and I’m eating lots of treats 🍿🍫☕️🥤🍟. Hopefully I get back on track tomorrow.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    JUST A HEADS UP TEAM CAPTAINS...I AM GOING TO OPEN REGISTRATION ON SUNDAY AFTER TALLIES ARE DONE SO I HAVE SENSE OF WHAT TEAM NUMBERS ARE AFTER LISELYN AND I ROOT OUT ALL OF THE NO SHOWS.
  • jugar
    Options
    @Andreabroadley I really like your approach. Accountability and learning with the nutritionist, but not slavishly stuck on this as some kind of perfect plan for you. I also have had success through the simple macro approach, and initially I found the protein way too high. I have been able to bring a lot of it down now, mostly because I am smaller (!) and have kept up the strength training since it is sooooo helpful in keeping the body fat from climbing back up. I do not eat low carb, but found at a certain point that grains in general, especially when refined, just don't sit well. I'm big on legumes, vegetables, and fruits as sources of carbohydrates, and it all rolls along fairly easily once I got used to it. Please, anyone who is interested in this kind of approach, post away!

If you want to invite anyone to the team for next month, as soon as our fabulous @Navydaddjtc has the link up for July registrations, you can direct them along.

Happy weekend!!
  • jugar
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    CW 129
    I’ve not logged this week and I’m eating lots of treats 🍿🍫☕️🥤🍟. Hopefully I get back on track tomorrow.

You KNOW you are welcome. Come and rant, and get some ideas, and then get back on it!! You are still at a lower weight than the beginning of the month <3
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    Tomorrow's weigh ins:
    @Terytha
    @allieelliott17
    @bfitb440n2022
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48

Due today, still not reported:
    @Kittu125
    @martinesther88

Overdue!
    @Blackbeautysue

PSSSSST -- if you signed up and started the month with a lot of energy, you posted a lot, you were doing great - it is normal that this is the tough time. You know what that means? Get in here! Post, let us know what is going on, and get inspired and back on track! Do it now before it goes on too long! And if you're doing great? Inspire us!!!!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username~martinesther88
    Weigh in day~Friday
    PW~151.8
    CW~153
This discussion has been closed.