Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    WOO HOO SUNDAY!

STEPPERS!
    I need more numbers. I love numbers, and your legs do too.
    @reflectionofme all week
    @fourathomej Fri-Sat
    @bfitb440n2022 all week
    @jlbtnc all week
    @BMcC9 all week
    @blackbeautysue Thu-Sat

Any number of steps is better than ZERO. Send 'em in!

Fortunately, the fitbit dashboard doesn't forget .... I will get them typed ... and what I've done so far this week too ....

............ did I remember to mention that I have been fitbitting since Easter?

(for those who didn't join the team until May or June, you wouldn't know about my running gag related to all things fitbit step-counting .... long-term regulars are probably all taking a deeeeeeep breath right about now, so that they can all shout together in chorus "Enough with the fitbit gag already!! do NOT start that AGAIN!!!")

• BMcC9
    Options
    Home now .... so here is the step count for the month of June-to-date:

June 01: 15,710
    June 02: 12,648
    June 03: 6,430 (no exergame happened)
    June 04: 12,437
    June 05: 6,594 (no exergame happened)
    June 06: 14,064
    June 07: 12,238
    June 08: 24,579
    June 09: 14,203
    June 10: 11,784
    June 11: in progress (5,223 during work hours)
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    A bit stressed out yesterday due to some medical tests and my nervous stomach got the best of me. Carr’s water crackers and cream cheese were consumed.

Oh well at least I get to fast before the test this morning lol.

You could have done a LOT worse! Happy fasting...

Thanks! did a lot better on the food today.. so hitting all my points for that on the challenge we are in. But little exercise time, given the tests. Here's to tomorrow!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm the other Captain for the Workout Warriors. I just wanted to pop in and remind you about the week 2 challenge. Click on the link below to check it out!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10748643/week-2-group-challenge-beat-your-best#latest
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    An interesting sidebar with respect to water, this is in respect to the water that hangs out inside your cells.. I understand from an athlete friend that a hard workout will cause your muscle cells to inflate a bit more with water in the process of recuperation. It is a good thing, so I am told!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

So good to get your news and these seriously impressive step numbers. Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    I think I have to start getting to my exercise earlier. My fabulous energy that I had for a couple of weeks there has turned kind of floppy. So maybe this will work... what about you?
    n9mcx9cfk46h.png
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Wow, cheesecake has an appalling amount of calories. Our anniversary dinner and trip to Denver has probably set me way back. :(

Oh well. I'm so tired I'm having micro-sleeps so hopefully I actually rest tonight.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 11,642
    Water (in oz) = 32

6/10/19
    Exercise minutes = 90
    Steps = 12,383
    Water (in oz) = 37

6/11/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 7,971
    Water (in oz) = 20

I was tired and/or lazy yesterday (6/11/19), but I still got in an hour's worth of aerobics, but that's about all I did the entire day. I never left the house. It felt wonderful! But it's gonna be on and poppin' tomorrow!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think I have to start getting to my exercise earlier. My fabulous energy that I had for a couple of weeks there has turned kind of floppy. So maybe this will work... what about you?
    n9mcx9cfk46h.png

I agree that early workouts are the best for me. I've set my alarm for 4 am; nobody needs me at that hour. Don't get too excited about that time. Notice I said I set my alarm for 4 am. I didn't say I actually got up at that time. HUGE difference! LOL Being off from school for the summer is messing with my routine, but I guess the reality is that I'm using that as an excuse. I'll get it together soon. :smile:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I received a friend request from you. Excuse my ignorance but I've never had 'virtual' friends before, I don't have Facebook or any other social media thingies so I'm a bit clueless. Please enlighten me what the friends thing is about. I just about manage using this site ;)

On a separate note, the wagon is still too tipsy for me to hold on. As much as I try, I keep falling off :'( hence been very quiet on here.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    [quote="jugar;c-43828302"

n9mcx9cfk46h.png
    [/quote]

I got my 5 minute HIIT in first thing, before breakfast even .... hard to let the "lazy self" win over a measly FIVE MINUTES .....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Step count final total for June 11:

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A bit stressed out yesterday due to some medical tests and my nervous stomach got the best of me. Carr’s water crackers and cream cheese were consumed.

Oh well at least I get to fast before the test this morning lol.

I hope your test brings you good results. Good luck!
    kx7003 wrote: »
    How much water weight does the average person hold? I find I’m always about 3-4 pounds heavier on Sundays even though the last two weekends I’ve stuck to my MFP recommended calorie consumption deficit or only gone as far as my maintainance calorie goal. By Monday evening/Tuesday about 2 pounds just disappear again??? Although I’m sticking to the deficit I have had high sodium intake so maybe that has caused retention.

Too much water weigh!!! is what the average person holds. At least that is my experience. LOL For me, in general, going out to eat means a couple extra pounds on the scale for a day or two, even when I'm staying within my calorie limits. The key for me is I know it is likely water weight, so I don't let it get me down. Air travel too, affects me a lot. If I fly somewhere, it is an instant five pounds on the scale. A couple of days later, it goes away. I know this happens to me, but mentally it can be difficult.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Ok, so I'm new and I don't know the Fitbit story, but I do have a Fitbit and I'm curious. I noticed the exergame reference here and it reminded me to ask... We recently got a Virtual Reality headset and there is a fun game call Saber Beat that the kids are into. I tried it and it gave me steps for my flailing around. I wondered if I should take the Fitbit off or count those numbers if I use it? I did get sweaty and exhausted doing the game, so I'm not sure.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »

Ok, so I'm new and I don't know the Fitbit story, but I do have a Fitbit and I'm curious. I noticed the exergame reference here and it reminded me to ask... We recently got a Virtual Reality headset and there is a fun game call Saber Beat that the kids are into. I tried it and it gave me steps for my flailing around. I wondered if I should take the Fitbit off or count those numbers if I use it? I did get sweaty and exhausted doing the game, so I'm not sure.

Lots of us use Beat Saber as cardio. I play 30-60 minutes a day and actually have arm muscle for once. This dude lost an absurd amount of weight: https://www.vrfitnessinsider.com/robert-long-looses-138-pounds-playing-beat-saber-and-hes-still-going/

It's not steps though, so it's up to you if you want to keep your Fitbit on it take it off and record the exercise separately.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh day Wed 2nd week
    PW: 177.6
    CW: 177.4
  • BMcC9
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »

If your fitbit is a model that can measure "level of exertion via HR" or something like that (which mine does not) and can give you what amounts to "exercise class calories burned", you could always use it that way, even if not actually steps. I know some people have fitbits that can do that.

Looks like @Terytha has replied in context to the specific Saber Beat game you mentioned. (and I am jealous of the vr set-ups!)

It happens that my exergame in question is played on a Wii and is called "Walk It Out". Quite olde-tech and low key in comparison.

I tend to spend anywhere from 30 minutes up jogging on my mini-trampoline while my avatar "moves around Rhythm Island" ... when I am registering steps via the nunchuk in my pocket as "on beat" (and I get to choose the speed range in the active-songs list so I keep it at the equivalent burn to MFP ~3 mph brisk-walk pace ), I get a point - with enough points I "unlock events" (aka pop floating bubbles with varying values) to make anything from a 5-point sidewalk planter to a 300-point church or lighthouse magically appear ... with music and "magic-dust swirls" effects. So it is a good fit with a fitbit. ~5000 to 6000 steps is me just generally walking around and intermittent stuff over the course of a day ... 10000+ means I spent some time On The Island and/or went out for an evening walk.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 2
    PW: 188
    CW: 188

Still holding my own. I'll be great at maintenance lol. Unfortunately have 27 more to lose before that. Ugh. Life keeps getting in the way. Between that and self-sabotage I guess I'm lucky to be maintaining. Keep up the fight you all. We'll get there. B)
This discussion has been closed.