WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!! This weeks update: This week (June 13th) was my 2 year gastric bypass anniversary. I had my 2 year visit with my endocrinologist and she is very pleased with my progress. All is well and she says I have reached goal even if I am still not in “normal” BMI range. (I’m at 27 and “normal is under 25). The thing is, I’ve more or less maintained my current weight for 6 months now and she says this seems to be where my body is comfortable. She suggests I no longer focus on weight loss but on maintenance. I’ve been aiming to get down to 150 lbs. She says that if I really want to lose more and at the same speed, that I will have to be super strict with diet and exercise and therefore may make myself miserable in the process. So I have now decided to slowly work myself into maintenance phase. I have changed my weight loss goals from 2 lbs a week to 0.5 lbs a week. This will slowly get me ready for maintenance both emotionally and psychologically. After a lifetime of always thinking weight loss, changing to maintaining will be hard. I think this will be the hardest part of the journey by far.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 169.9
    Todays Weight: 169.2

Steps:
    Sun - 16,484
    Mon - 4,757 (too much time driving around)
    Tue - 15,790
    Wed - 16,362
    Thu - 19,684
    Fri - 8,823 (another day of driving)
    Sat - TBA
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    PW- 224.4
    CW- 223.2

Steps:
    June 6- 4,518
    June 7- 7,491
    June 8- 6,164
    June 9- 4,477
    June 10- 4,363
    June 11- 9,380
    June 12- 8,286

Reflections:
    I have had a lot of motivational support which has helped me a lot. I am very grateful. I am now more focussed
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You are right @jugar, it is a lot of protein. It took me a while to get used to it. About 90 grams a day, which is 1.25 grams per kg of body weight. Quite a bit more than the RDA of 0.8.. I think I will be able to go back to a lower level once I reach my ultimate goal. Kind of looking forward to that!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Wow @mari_moulin, congratulations on transitioning to maintenance. It will be challenging, but you will master it, just as you have mastered your weight loss!

Could not be more pleased for you! xo
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 199.4
    CW 200.5
    (coming down. Was up 2# from trip)

I’ll post steps shortly. My Fitbit isn’t syncing for yesterday.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday indeed!
    We are having intermittent sunshine and 100% chance of black flies and mosquitoes, but it is great to spend a few hours out in the veggie garden. It's starting to look real. More planting this afternoon, and lots more digging and weeding...

@Blackbeautysue - if you can also update your steps for Thursday, Friday, and today (once they're done) that would be great! Congrats on the loss - and so glad that you're getting the motivation and support you need. It's working!

@matthewsfive - whatever you are doing, it is WORKING. Steady losses - Yess! Share your secret when you have a minute <3

@Terytha - you'll get there! stress and bad eating do not have to be forever. If there is ANY way you can get the same comfort and relief from something else besides eating, put it on the top of your list of things to do when the going gets rough. Be super strict in the grocery store, and get your exercise. There. Mom has spoken :smiley:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    After a lifetime of always thinking weight loss, changing to maintaining will be hard. I think this will be the hardest part of the journey by far.

From everything I've read on these forums over the past couple of years or so, it is! Not only because you have to do it for the rest of your life, but also because you don't get the ongoing motivation of scale losses or smaller clothing sizes (and possibly a lack of congratulatory comments from friends and relatives, if you were used to getting those).

It's hard, but there are plenty of success stories in that section from people who've done it for years. It's a different mindset, I think, but it can be learned. Easing into it is a good idea too... if you've reduced your target to a 1/2lb loss per week, then when you're ready to maintain you'll only need to add a few more calories per day. A small dessert, a larger portion of pasta or potatoes, a cookie or packet of chips as a treat, maybe. It won't be a huge difference, unlike suddenly adding another 1,000 calories per day. :)
  • micki48
    Options
    Here are my steps. Not done today yet. Tuesday and Wednesday got entered wrong. Tues numbers were flipped. I think Wed was not done.

jeufd3pcia6w.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg
    LAST CALL!
    4 more weigh-ins still due:
    @Kittu125
    @allieelliott17
    @bfitb440n2022
    @evangsimmons170

Ready to wrap up another week - get those last numbers in please!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!! This weeks update: This week (June 13th) was my 2 year gastric bypass anniversary. I had my 2 year visit with my endocrinologist and she is very pleased with my progress. All is well and she says I have reached goal even if I am still not in “normal” BMI range. (I’m at 27 and “normal is under 25). The thing is, I’ve more or less maintained my current weight for 6 months now and she says this seems to be where my body is comfortable. She suggests I no longer focus on weight loss but on maintenance. I’ve been aiming to get down to 150 lbs. She says that if I really want to lose more and at the same speed, that I will have to be super strict with diet and exercise and therefore may make myself miserable in the process. So I have now decided to slowly work myself into maintenance phase. I have changed my weight loss goals from 2 lbs a week to 0.5 lbs a week. This will slowly get me ready for maintenance both emotionally and psychologically. After a lifetime of always thinking weight loss, changing to maintaining will be hard. I think this will be the hardest part of the journey by far.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 169.9
    Todays Weight: 169.2

Steps:
    Sun - 16,484
    Mon - 4,757 (too much time driving around)
    Tue - 15,790
    Wed - 16,362
    Thu - 19,684
    Fri - 8,823 (another day of driving)
    Sat - TBA

I am not sure how to cut back on the content of a quote while using the app... but I wanted to focus in on the BMI range point.

Did you know that the World Health Organization has issued a revision of the BMI range chart that now takes age into account as well as height / weight? It also has a separate table for Asians who are genetically far more likely to be short compared to the North Americans / Western Europeans the original charts were based around.

I will look for the the link to the site and post it. You may be closer to normal range than you think
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Did you know that the World Health Organization has issued a revision of the BMI range chart that now takes age into account as well as height / weight? It also has a separate table for Asians who are genetically far more likely to be short compared to the North Americans / Western Europeans the original charts were based around.

I will look for the the link to the site and post it. You may be closer to normal range than you think

Thank you for that. I know there are several different techniques for calculating ones BMI and in all the ones I’ve tried I’m considered overweight. I would love to see the one you know of and see where that one puts me. Thanks ahead of time.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 11,642
    Water (in oz) = 32

6/10/19
    Exercise minutes = 90
    Steps = 12,383
    Water (in oz) = 37

6/11/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 7,971
    Water (in oz) = 20

6/12/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 6,090
    Water (in oz) = 0

6/13/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 5,608
    Water (in oz) = 25

6/14/19
    Exercise minutes = 25
    Steps = 7,664
    Water (in oz) = 40

6/15/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 9,262
    Water (in oz) = 60

WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 2
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (6/15/19)
    Previous Weight = 349.6
    Current Weight = 343.8
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @Navydaddjtc

Are we going to continue the Beat Your Best Challenge next week? I hope so.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 17632
    Monday 18189
    Tuesday 18621
    Wednesday 14961
    Thursday 18793
    Friday 19722
    Saturday 18214
  • micki48
    Options
    Did you know that the World Health Organization has issued a revision of the BMI range chart that now takes age into account as well as height / weight?

This is a great one. Makes much more sense to me.

https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday steps 6/15 10,029
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.