Thursday
    PW 296
    CW 295

Congratulations on the loss!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thursday update:

Food - I was doing well but went window shopping. So I was thinking of getting a soft dough cookie. But in the end splurged for a 4 cookie value pack and ate 3 without realising that it's very high calorie.
    Water - need to drink more
    Exercise - on my feet walking for over 3 hours
    Goals for tomorrow - buy vegetables from market stall and resist sweet treats.
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Going to own my day. After weigh in this morning, I stupidly went to the grocery store starving. Bought a 4 pack of mini Boston creams, ate the whole damn pack. Going to try and up my step game today to try and make up for it. 640 empty damn calories.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Wednesday
    Track: no
    Calories: over
    Water: Over 100 oz
    Exercise: walking
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Going to own my day. After weigh in this morning, I stupidly went to the grocery store starving. Bought a 4 pack of mini Boston creams, ate the whole damn pack. Going to try and up my step game today to try and make up for it. 640 empty damn calories.

@saresimsr36 - Hurray for not giving up on the entire day! Seriously.
    I think we have ALL had the experience of making less-than-optimal choices when going to the store hungry. The key thing is to get back in the game of better choices, which you are doing. 👍🏽👍🏽
    Keep stepping! 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Thursday update:

Food - I was doing well but went window shopping. So I was thinking of getting a soft dough cookie. But in the end splurged for a 4 cookie value pack and ate 3 without realising that it's very high calorie.
    Water - need to drink more
    Exercise - on my feet walking for over 3 hours
    Goals for tomorrow - buy vegetables from market stall and resist sweet treats.

This: value pack
    This is definitely a way that merchants can influence us to spend more, and end up buying more than we really want/need. At least, they have gotten me that way! Good for you for getting back in the game, and have fun shopping for veggies tomorrow!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2019
    Options
    A couple of articles that might be of interest:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/05/29/727943418/do-you-really-need-10-000-steps-per-day
    This is a study focused on longevity rather than weight loss, but was still interesting to me.
    - "women who took about 4,000 steps per day got a boost in longevity, compared with women who took fewer steps"
    - "The benefits of walking maxed out at about 7,500 steps. In other words, women who walked more than 7,500 steps per day saw no additional boost in longevity."

Stepping more is still great for weight loss, of course! More studies to come, of course. But if you have trouble getting to 10K, it sounds like your body starts benefiting at much lower counts. So no apology needed on those lower step days!

On a related note, I like this new MFP article on walking in place. It's got some nice ideas. I know a number of people here do bouts of walking in place every day to help keep steps up and to be moving while making oatmeal, etc., and have inspired me to do more of that!
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/can-walking-in-place-help-you-lose-weight/
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,670 Member
    Options
    Saresimsr36
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW 296
    CW 295

Nicely done!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,670 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Tuesday Check in
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: did yesterday still have to do today but plan on floor exercises and biking

Not much is new. My weight is back to where it was before I went out-of-town weekend before last. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on a lot of veggies, some of which I've never cooked with before. I love having a fridge full of fruits and veggies, love all that color! It's 103 today, I think my radishes may not make it, but tomatoes and herbs are doing great. I'm changing my hair color (just dark brown to light brown) later this week along with getting it cut. Hope it turns out ok! Alright, enough procrastinating, time to work out! Have a great day everyone!

Good job getting so much vegetables in your supermarket shop. What new veggies to you did you buy? I'm intrigued how you are going to cook with it. Good luck!

I have two I've had before and liked, but have never cooked with: spaghetti squash and fennel. I've used fennel in salads but want to try roasting it. I also stir fried bok choy and haven't made it for quite some time, which I got in an Imperfect produce box (along with the cutest mini cucumbers). Yesterday i decided to try something completely new and bought a rutabaga. After reading about it I wish I'd gone with something else! I think I have a produce problem!

Hey @Katmary71 - This all sounds great! I had a grandma that cooked rutabagas! Maybe try roasting your rutabaga with some apple?

Your little cucumbers filled me with envy. I love tiny produce!

Thank you for the link! I have all the ingredients for this recipe too, that never seems to happen! The mini cucumbers are really good. I'm enjoying receiving the box of produce, I used to get one from a local organic farm but they raised their prices, so this is a good alternative. Thanks again!
  • saresimsr36
    Options
    I'm currently at 12567 steps...I think my feet are going to fall off. However, I do need to keep stepping because of those damn donuts
  • saresimsr36
    Options
    qtouqxbu3d69.jpg
    Sadly
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 212.6
    Todays Weight: 210.0

Wahhhhooooo!! B):)

What a Whoosh! Do you think the low carb eating helped?

I sure do!! It was interesting because early last week I had eaten two meals that were really low in carbs and my weight was down to 210. Then for the next three nights, my dinners were much higher in carbs and each day my weight went up. Then the day before weigh in I had a no carb meal and my weight dropped back down to what it was before the carb meals. I have read that eating too many carbs makes the body hold on to water, which could totally explain my constant up and downs on the scale. I also think the IF is helping me not only lose weight but more importantly to really feel like I have more control over what I'm eating. :)

@AustinRuadhain, great links on walking!! I'm happy to read that even if I don't hit that magic 10,000 step count I'm OK with at least getting the 4000 which is almost always doable for me. I have also been known to march in place quite often, which always has my husband making fun of me. Guess I showed him!! :D

Friday check in:
    Water: over
    Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill

Today was a very good day. Fasted for 21 hours and did pretty well on eating low carb. I'm really wanting another good weight loss week!! Yesterday, I had to tie cute Father's Day tags on 30 boxes of Peanut M & M's and I really wasn't tempted at all. That is a major victory for me!! B)
  • saresimsr36
    Options
    Topped off at 16586 steps. My feet hurt
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Topped off at 16586 steps. My feet hurt

great steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Tuesday Check in
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Exercise: did yesterday still have to do today but plan on floor exercises and biking

Not much is new. My weight is back to where it was before I went out-of-town weekend before last. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on a lot of veggies, some of which I've never cooked with before. I love having a fridge full of fruits and veggies, love all that color! It's 103 today, I think my radishes may not make it, but tomatoes and herbs are doing great. I'm changing my hair color (just dark brown to light brown) later this week along with getting it cut. Hope it turns out ok! Alright, enough procrastinating, time to work out! Have a great day everyone!

Good job getting so much vegetables in your supermarket shop. What new veggies to you did you buy? I'm intrigued how you are going to cook with it. Good luck!

I have two I've had before and liked, but have never cooked with: spaghetti squash and fennel. I've used fennel in salads but want to try roasting it. I also stir fried bok choy and haven't made it for quite some time, which I got in an Imperfect produce box (along with the cutest mini cucumbers). Yesterday i decided to try something completely new and bought a rutabaga. After reading about it I wish I'd gone with something else! I think I have a produce problem!

Hey @Katmary71 - This all sounds great! I had a grandma that cooked rutabagas! Maybe try roasting your rutabaga with some apple?

Your little cucumbers filled me with envy. I love tiny produce!

Thank you for the link! I have all the ingredients for this recipe too, that never seems to happen! The mini cucumbers are really good. I'm enjoying receiving the box of produce, I used to get one from a local organic farm but they raised their prices, so this is a good alternative. Thanks again!

@Katmary71 - You are most welcome! I am a big fan of veggies, and I love to collect and try recipes. Let us know how the fennel experiment works out, too!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Good response to step up your game after a little slip. Good luck for the new day ahead.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in week:Week 2
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 276
    Todays Weight: 276
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Better day yesterday - not really good on the food choices, but I only overspent by 44 calories. Water fine. 12180 steps.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    qtouqxbu3d69.jpg
    Sadly

Lol!
This discussion has been closed.