MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    A couple of articles that might be of interest:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/05/29/727943418/do-you-really-need-10-000-steps-per-day
    This is a study focused on longevity rather than weight loss, but was still interesting to me.
    - "women who took about 4,000 steps per day got a boost in longevity, compared with women who took fewer steps"
    - "The benefits of walking maxed out at about 7,500 steps. In other words, women who walked more than 7,500 steps per day saw no additional boost in longevity."

Stepping more is still great for weight loss, of course! More studies to come, of course. But if you have trouble getting to 10K, it sounds like your body starts benefiting at much lower counts. So no apology needed on those lower step days!

On a related note, I like this new MFP article on walking in place. It's got some nice ideas. I know a number of people here do bouts of walking in place every day to help keep steps up and to be moving while making oatmeal, etc., and have inspired me to do more of that!
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/can-walking-in-place-help-you-lose-weight/

This exactly!!!!!! It also brought to mind the Leslie S9imione walk at home videos, designed to get people moving while staying at home, different lengths/distances and now she has also extended into some bodyweight strength training :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia/videos
  • tess5036
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Tuesday Check in
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: did yesterday still have to do today but plan on floor exercises and biking

Not much is new. My weight is back to where it was before I went out-of-town weekend before last. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on a lot of veggies, some of which I've never cooked with before. I love having a fridge full of fruits and veggies, love all that color! It's 103 today, I think my radishes may not make it, but tomatoes and herbs are doing great. I'm changing my hair color (just dark brown to light brown) later this week along with getting it cut. Hope it turns out ok! Alright, enough procrastinating, time to work out! Have a great day everyone!

Good job getting so much vegetables in your supermarket shop. What new veggies to you did you buy? I'm intrigued how you are going to cook with it. Good luck!

I have two I've had before and liked, but have never cooked with: spaghetti squash and fennel. I've used fennel in salads but want to try roasting it. I also stir fried bok choy and haven't made it for quite some time, which I got in an Imperfect produce box (along with the cutest mini cucumbers). Yesterday i decided to try something completely new and bought a rutabaga. After reading about it I wish I'd gone with something else! I think I have a produce problem!

Hey @Katmary71 - This all sounds great! I had a grandma that cooked rutabagas! Maybe try roasting your rutabaga with some apple?

Your little cucumbers filled me with envy. I love tiny produce!

Thank you for the link! I have all the ingredients for this recipe too, that never seems to happen! The mini cucumbers are really good. I'm enjoying receiving the box of produce, I used to get one from a local organic farm but they raised their prices, so this is a good alternative. Thanks again!

@Katmary71 - You are most welcome! I am a big fan of veggies, and I love to collect and try recipes. Let us know how the fennel experiment works out, too!

I love love love fennel, but its a quite recent discovery for me (and its super low in carbs), any more fennel recipes? :)
  • tess5036
    Options
    Topped off at 16586 steps. My feet hurt

Truly inspiring, your probably already know this, (but just in case) if your feet ache, look after them, as achy feet can lead to overstraining the tendons in the foot, and the dreaded plantar fasciitis, ice and lots of stretching your feet.

Fantastic stepping
  • tess5036
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    week 2
    weigh in day - Friday
    PW - 159.0
    CW - 157.6

Nice loss, espially as it gets harder as you go lower
  • tess5036
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Weigh in day Mondays
    Starting weight 222
    Previous weight 136
    Current weight 135.2
    Calories under
    Exercise did a lot Th, little cardio yesterday

The scale finally budged! It took two weeks of staying the same and going up and I usually don't count it until it's a full pound, but I'll take it. My goal for the month is 135, so I'm almost there. Made good food choices at a restaurant, listened to the angel on my shoulder vs the devil on the other. I had to watch someone eat French toast smothered in butter and another eating my usual order while I ate eggs and an extra serving of veggies, but I was the only one not feeling stuffed and uncomfortable after the meal. Someone commented that she wished she was as thin as me, I haven't been called thin since I was in my 20s! Good day all around. Today's yardwork and later core exercises and cardio.

Have a wonderful, healthy day everyone!

That is so close to the 135!!!!! Fantastic :)
  • tess5036
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    School is officially out, and my year end paperwork is done! I've still got to plan for summer school, but in the meantime I'm headed out of town for some rest and relaxation.

Have fun! Well deserved break!

Unfortunately with coming back home Thursday, I’m not anticipating a Good Friday weigh-in 😬.

Sometimes we need a break, physical and psychological, just to keep us going, one bad week, all it does is delay the total loss by a few days :)
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Weigh in CHANGE day to Sunday (Thank you!)
    Week 2
    Sunday
    PW 159.83
    CW 162.60

Goals next week:
    Calories over as start of week went to lunch buffet even though ate small portions and no carbs it added up. I've been having bread for breakfast and lunch. I'm going to see for a week if I cut out hot cross buns for breakfast and replace with yoghurt with strawberry might be better. The experiment begins tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    rn65whq36t6c.jpg
    This is so good. This is the only way I can consume cold coffee. Lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Tuesday Check in
    Exercise: did yesterday still have to do today but plan on floor exercises and biking

Not much is new. My weight is back to where it was before I went out-of-town weekend before last. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on a lot of veggies, some of which I've never cooked with before. I love having a fridge full of fruits and veggies, love all that color! It's 103 today, I think my radishes may not make it, but tomatoes and herbs are doing great. I'm changing my hair color (just dark brown to light brown) later this week along with getting it cut. Hope it turns out ok! Alright, enough procrastinating, time to work out! Have a great day everyone!

Good job getting so much vegetables in your supermarket shop. What new veggies to you did you buy? I'm intrigued how you are going to cook with it. Good luck!

I have two I've had before and liked, but have never cooked with: spaghetti squash and fennel. I've used fennel in salads but want to try roasting it. I also stir fried bok choy and haven't made it for quite some time, which I got in an Imperfect produce box (along with the cutest mini cucumbers). Yesterday i decided to try something completely new and bought a rutabaga. After reading about it I wish I'd gone with something else! I think I have a produce problem!

Hey @Katmary71 - This all sounds great! I had a grandma that cooked rutabagas! Maybe try roasting your rutabaga with some apple?

Your little cucumbers filled me with envy. I love tiny produce!

Thank you for the link! I have all the ingredients for this recipe too, that never seems to happen! The mini cucumbers are really good. I'm enjoying receiving the box of produce, I used to get one from a local organic farm but they raised their prices, so this is a good alternative. Thanks again!

@Katmary71 - You are most welcome! I am a big fan of veggies, and I love to collect and try recipes. Let us know how the fennel experiment works out, too!

I love love love fennel, but its a quite recent discovery for me (and its super low in carbs), any more fennel recipes? :)

Not from me, I'm new to cooking it! I searched for slaws and I'm sure you've had fennel slaw (with oranges or apples). A lot of the recipes have celery, though it would be easy to skip as I don't care for it raw. I figured roasting it is an easy way to see if I like it cooked.
  • tess5036
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Something interesting about sugar..... It's made by the BBC so reliable. Particularly at 19 mins in and 42 mins

https://youtu.be/9E9bnjwQG9s
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    5op864aimdsq.png
    THE WEEK 2 TALLIES ARE IN THE BOOKS
    IT IS MY HONOR TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING WINNERS

As a whole we lost 45.1 LBS OR 0.15% .....!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.67%
    INDIVIDUAL % Katmary71 3.94%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 32.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST BUNIPHUPHU 8.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.70%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.16%
    3rd WaistAways 0.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 32.6
    2nd Shrinking Assets 8.0
    3rd WaistAways 3.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st Katmary71 3.94%
    2nd BUNIPHUPHU 2.60%
    3rd gottagetthisdown 2.42%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st BUNIPHUPHU 8.4
    2nd evangsimmons170 5.8
    3RD Luciicul 5.0
    3RD Lindamtuck2018 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    APPLE852HK
    twyla77
    Megnolia82
    iamworthy14
    GingerPwr
    clairetomkinson
    evangsimmons170
    Eddie__Jones
    zlauerMom
    CONGRATS TO YOU ALL FOR A GREAT WEEK 2
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    TEAM CAPTAINS DON'T FORGET YOUR UP FOR THE GROUP CHALLENGE THIS WEEK
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: on plan, slightly under, all good choices, all tracked
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (52 min.); not much else, as still tired from yesterday!

Monday Goals
    Food: on target, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: martial arts practice, martial arts class
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Something interesting about sugar..... It's made by the BBC so reliable. Particularly at 19 mins in and 42 mins

https://youtu.be/9E9bnjwQG9s

I loved seeing this!

By the way, if it helps you as you read labels, 1 teaspoon of sugar equals 4 grams.

A related great article:
    https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/sugar-shockers-foods-surprisingly-high-in-sugar#1
  • tess5036
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: on plan, slightly under, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: platform stepping (52 min.); not much else, as still tired from yesterday!

Monday Goals
    Food: on target, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: martial arts practice, martial arts class

I've thought about getting a step for home, but haven't got around to it. 52 mins is very impressive!!!!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Weight: 124.3
    Today's Weight: 123.2
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options

Are you using an app too track carbs or just following a food list?

Yes, I started using Carb Master to track my net carbs. Right now I have a goal to keep it under 75g. and plan to keep lowering that number. Keeping it under 20g. isn't something I really want to do if I can lose weight at a higher number. *fingers crossed* :)

Thanks - weird that I can’t see that app when I search it. Does it have a different name?

Sorry, I typed the name wrong! It's Carb Manager. I really like it. :)

Saturday Check in
    Exercise: 45 minutes on the treadmill

I had a good day! I watched Dr. Robert Lustig YouTube video called Sugar: The Bitter Truth. I'm even more on the anti-sugar bandwagon than I was yesterday! :D

Got it thanks!

I like the app to for Keto
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mission Slimpossibles on having an awesome week two! We crushed it!! B)

@tess5036, thanks for the sugar video!! I just got done watching it and it was amazingly eye-opening! I do think that people switching to fruit is much better than eating so much refined sugar, but for me it's something I really have to watch, or I will not lose any weight. I'm an admin on a Facebook group who are trying to go sugar-free and I will be sharing this video for sure!! :)

I just read this article that was very interesting too. It's so important to do your own research and not just believe what the mainstream wants us to know.

Sugar Lies
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/16
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 10627
    Exercise: 30 mins walking
    Sunday was my birthday and my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family 6 hours away. It was a great day but a very quick trip left Friday at supper and was home yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.