MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Hey, Fellow Slimpossibles!! My name is Kate and I’m joining you all in July!! Lost 17 lbs on a Keto-style eating plan since May 1 and I’m hoping for a 20 lb “homestretch” over the next couple of months. Go Slimpossibles!!!!!!!!

A few Keto/low carb people in this group so I’m sure there will be lots more learning happening! Welcome! I’m one of the team captains. So happy to have you!
  • Kres567
    Options
    davors19 wrote: »
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 276
    Todays Weight: 276

Sorry for late, I was on short vacation

Nice job! Hope you had a great time!
  • Kres567
    Options
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    I teach water fitness classes that use handweights, resistance bands and body weight lifts, but I have zero knowledge of those big scary looking machines in the gym! It was 5 years ago that I first walked into the pool and that took some real courage, too! It was just 6 months later that I was asked to teach!
    think part of my hesitancy is time constraints...I commute 2 hours round trip for my "day job" and leave directly from there to lead my classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday! Pretty common to be away from the house 13-16 hours each day! I feel selfish taking even more time away!
    My husband and I kayak at least one day per weekend at least 3 times per month during summer. This is the only exercise hubby will do! He won't even take an evening walk with me and has never even come to watch my fitness classes!
    I know that I love motivating other people and I know that I am competitive, so really excited to "get going"!

Welcome to another Jen on the team! I’m one of the team captains. So happy to have you join!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @KMD1214, welcome!! You have joined the best group on Fat2Fit! :D What a great loss you have had. I'm just starting my Keto journey so I will be happy to hear any tips you might want to offer up. ;)

@JeBeBu, Welcome Jen! I have about 40 lbs left to lose too! What kind of weights are you wanting to lift? I try to use my hand weights when I remember. :D

Sunday Check in:

Calories: will be under
    Water: will be over
    Exercise: Tons of walking around this evening!

I'm checking in now because of my church's vacation Bible school which starts this evening! It will run through Thursday and it going to be a crazy four days!! I will be surrounded by kids friendly foods including pizza, candy, and cookies!! :o:# You all know those types of foods are my downfall but not this time!! I will be eating my low-carb filling dinner beforehand and saying no to the food pushers!! I'm 22 days in with zero sugar and I don't plan to break my streak now. B)

Good luck with the temptations!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Sunday Check in

Calories: I might be over but under on carbs; feeling great!
    Exercise: 45 minute walk run this morning. I’ve been resting my knee this week so it felt good to move again. I also took the kids swimming this afternoon.
    Water: not enough; I have a headache because I’m dehydrated from my run. Drinking lots now

Goal for tomorrow
    1. Bring my lunch to work
    2. 100oz of water
    3. 10,000 steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in

Calories: under, all measured and logged, all on plan
    Exercise: 23 minute Classical Stretch session (worked on hips); 45 minute walk this evening (date walk with my husband!)
    Water: on target and could use more, as it's hot

Goals for Monday
    - Food on plan, measured and logged
    - Water over
    - Martial arts class
    - Classical Stretch session
  • Kres567
    Options
    Week 4 Team Challenge - Mindful Eating

This is in response to a few of us stress/emotional eaters. This is when we are beginning to or in the middle of feeling out of control. It’s important to keep in mind that the cookie or chips we eat in these times doesn’t take away from the good choices you made through the day. A few suggestions to help us emotionally get past it:
    1. Choose to eat without guilt
    2. Allow them
    3. Forgive immediately

Options or suggestions to choose from:
    1. Eat a larger breakfast and lunch
    2. Think about making choices as Good, Better and Best. If in the moment you really need something sweet or salty. If the 70% chocolate will help the craving then choose that without the guilt because you’ve made a Better choice.
    3. Commit to drinking water (maybe flavoured water)/coffee or tea when we feel hungry. Wait 10 minutes and see if it passes.

Let the team know what option you are going to work on!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Heya everyone!

So, looks like I forgot to log in on Saturday - I have lost my huge streak, noooo!

I have also gone crazy for a bit longer than I anticipated. The scan revealed an immense tumour 20 x 13cm - it's the size of a 20 week baby! I'm calling it Eric. Eric is like a character in the cult film Withnail and I - he demanded the finest wines. And cake.

Luckily lymph nodes don't look bad, so we're assuming benign. Big old surgery coming up. This thing is mahusive.

I knew I was secretly thin!

Okay, so there's risk, and there's still a slight possibility of C, but cross your fingers and toes. I'm waiting on dates and times of appointments now.

So, I've done some steps - including more dancing.
    I've drawn a line this weekend in the crazy. Looking after myself from now on.

17th - 8052
    18th 10845
    19th 11877
    20th 7146 (went to docs that day, got a lift)
    21st 15515
    22nd 14658 -including dancing
    23rd 11757 - walk by seaside and climbing castles.

Here's a view from yesterday - Southerndown bay viewed from Ogmore in Wales. Better known as Bad Wolf Bay in Doctor Who. Bleakly beautiful.

ji24ktm7n089.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Mondays
    SW:222
    Last week: 135
    Today: 133.2
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

I did my workout after BBQ, though I'm tired today from staying up late! I managed to stay under my calories despite BBQ, I'm getting better at this!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Wishusdonna That is one big tumor! I'm glad your doctor doesn't think it's C, but hope it's nothing to worry about (aside of the actual surgery). Very beautiful view!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 123.2
    Today's Weight: 122.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Congratulations! 💐 Brilliant loss! And hurray for staying under even in the face of BBQ! 🎉🎉🎉

@Wishusdonna - Wow. So glad you are getting good care for this. All fingers and toes crossed at this end.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 123.2
    Today's Weight: 122.6

Nice loss!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Hey, Fellow Slimpossibles!! My name is Kate and I’m joining you all in July!! Lost 17 lbs on a Keto-style eating plan since May 1 and I’m hoping for a 20 lb “homestretch” over the next couple of months. Go Slimpossibles!!!!!!!!

welcome
  • digger61
    Options
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    Hello, teammates! My name is Jen and I am excited to join you for the July challenge! I began this journey on May 23, quickly lost 6 pounds and have since stalled! I am looking to lose ~40 pounds and gain the courage to begin weight lifting! Excited for the challenge ahead & meeting you all! Go Team!!!

welcome
  • digger61
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Sunday Check in

Calories: I might be over but under on carbs; feeling great!
    Exercise: 45 minute walk run this morning. I’ve been resting my knee this week so it felt good to move again. I also took the kids swimming this afternoon.
    Water: not enough; I have a headache because I’m dehydrated from my run. Drinking lots now

Goal for tomorrow
    1. Bring my lunch to work
    2. 100oz of water
    3. 10,000 steps

great plan
  • digger61
    Options
    Sunday Check in

Calories: under, all measured and logged, all on plan
    Exercise: 23 minute Classical Stretch session (worked on hips); 45 minute walk this evening (date walk with my husband!)
    Water: on target and could use more, as it's hot

Goals for Monday
    - Food on plan, measured and logged
    - Water over
    - Martial arts class
    - Classical Stretch session

great day and planning
  • digger61
    Options
    Heya everyone!

So, looks like I forgot to log in on Saturday - I have lost my huge streak, noooo!

I have also gone crazy for a bit longer than I anticipated. The scan revealed an immense tumour 20 x 13cm - it's the size of a 20 week baby! I'm calling it Eric. Eric is like a character in the cult film Withnail and I - he demanded the finest wines. And cake.

Luckily lymph nodes don't look bad, so we're assuming benign. Big old surgery coming up. This thing is mahusive.

I knew I was secretly thin!

Okay, so there's risk, and there's still a slight possibility of C, but cross your fingers and toes. I'm waiting on dates and times of appointments now.

So, I've done some steps - including more dancing.
    I've drawn a line this weekend in the crazy. Looking after myself from now on.

17th - 8052
    18th 10845
    19th 11877
    20th 7146 (went to docs that day, got a lift)
    21st 15515
    22nd 14658 -including dancing
    23rd 11757 - walk by seaside and climbing castles.

Here's a view from yesterday - Southerndown bay viewed from Ogmore in Wales. Better known as Bad Wolf Bay in Doctor Who. Bleakly beautiful.

ji24ktm7n089.jpg

nice view Please do look after yourself And I hope all turns out well
  • digger61
    Options
    Sunday Check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: on target
    Goals for Monday Aquq size and weights with more walking
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member