Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/16
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 10627
    Exercise: 30 mins walking
    Sunday was my birthday and my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family 6 hours away. It was a great day but a very quick trip left Friday at supper and was home yesterday.

Happy birthday!!!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day:Mondays
    Weigh in: 135 (hit my 6 month goal)
    Calories under
    Workout: bike
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sunday was my birthday and my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family 6 hours away. It was a great day but a very quick trip left Friday at supper and was home yesterday.

Happy Birthday for Friday!!!!!!!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Calories under

Wayheyyyy, wonderful victory!!!!!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »

Happy birthday!!!!!
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Calories under

Wayheyyyy, wonderful victory!!!!!

THank you
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Food: on plan, slightly under, all good choices, all tracked
    Water: over
    Exercise: martial arts practice at home; martial arts class (90 min)

Tuesday Goals
    Food: on target, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: martial arts practice, outdoor walk
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @tess5036 - The platform stepping is also fun because I watch fluffy TV while doing it!

@UTMom81 - I am at the stage of working to build muscle and still having a little fat to lose. I am out to maintain or lose just a little (and then put weight back on long term, as I build muscle). I was surprised at the dip on Monday, and think it was water. I had a huge workout on Saturday and was also working at reducing caffeine, as my cups of coffee had drifted up.

@TeresaW1020 - Great NPR article on sugar!
    You might like this article by Peter Attia on sugar:
    https://peterattiamd.com/is-sugar-toxic/

@digger61 - Happy day-after-your-birthday! Your celebrating with family sounds like it was great!

@Katmary71 - Congratulations on hitting your goal!!!!!

@Jactop - Congratulations on managing things so well on your trip! That can be so challenging!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Barbonica
    Week 3
    Tuesday
    PW 178.4
    CW 178.0

Next week will need to report on in wed, as I am traveling. This summer is filled with activities, and it isn't even July yet!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday 6/17
    Steps: 20244
    Exercise:90 mins yard work and 120 mins aquasize
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    HEY THERE SLIMPOSSIBLES JUMP ON OVER AND SUPPORT THIS POSTING FOR THE GROUP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750243/july-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group/p1?new=1
    COME ON LETS PROMOTE OUR GROUP AND KICK THE OTHER TO THE CURB..
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options

Hey everybody!

So, like an Insta-influencer just back from a trip to Chernobyl, I'm slightly radioactive now and will be for about a week!

Luckily my contrast was blackcurrant flavour. I can't believe some people waiting for their scan actually asked for it in lemon. Lemon! Lemon is nice in tarte au citron or lemonade. But why subject yourself to artificial lemon if you don't have a cold?

The canula for the dye was a bit owie though, so blackcurrant or not, I deserved a nice cake after. I did log it. Hope you don't mind, but it has taken me a while to get back on track, so I have some unlogged days. The brain has been getting both distracted and obsessive.

So, I can't say how I have been on the calories, but exercise has gone like this:

15th - 17022 steps, and 220 minutes of allotment digging.
    16th - 12465 steps, including a bit of a dance in town. There was a music festival on in the market square and I went to the end of it to see The Blockheads.
    Yesterday, only 8052 steps. But I was in hospital half the day.

@Wishusdonna - Thanks so very much for updating us. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. You can get back to logging once this is past and you are ready. We are all thinking of you and wishing you the best.

I love reading your posts. Your voice is so funny and so British to my American ears. So glad you are part of this group!

I love that you are including music and dance and gardening in your fitness plans -- so inspiring and fun! I am reminded that my garden looks super neglected. I think I'll go do one little spot today, to get started! 🎼 💃🏽 🏡

Also, I did a quick look-up of The Blockheads. Oh, wow! It is the Blockheads as in Ian Dury. How wonderful that you got to see them live! Wow! 🤩

Side note -- On this side of the pond, it's fascinating that the flavor options for tracer were lemon and blackcurrant. Here in the U.S., flavor options would likely be vanilla, berry, banana and apple spice. It sounds like lemon and blackcurrant are well-loved flavors there, so much so that you'd find lemon-flavored cold medicine. Cold medicine here that I am familiar with comes in a very sweet cherry, cherry vanilla, or mixed berry (i.e., berry-ish, but no particular flavor). All this had me get curious about why blackcurrant flavor is a thing in Europe, but not the U.S. It turns out that growing blackcurrant was outlawed in the U.S. about a hundred years ago. Who knew?

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    HEHEHEHEHE I AM BACK AT IT AGAIN
    JUMP ON OVER AND SUPPORT THIS POSTING FOR THE GROUP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750247/july-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group/p1?new=1
    COME ON LETS PROMOTE OUR GROUP AND KICK THE OTHER TO THE CURB..
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday 6/17
    Steps: 20244
    Exercise:90 mins yard work and 120 mins aquasize

Wow! What a great day!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Barbonica wrote: »
    Barbonica
    Week 3
    Tuesday
    PW 178.4
    CW 178.0

Next week will need to report on in wed, as I am traveling. This summer is filled with activities, and it isn't even July yet!

Congratulations on the loss! Enjoy your travels this coming week!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 60-minute fat burning program on my treadmill.

Today was good. I spent part of it making a menu for this week and will shop for most of it tomorrow. Learning how to cook low carb is fun but eye-opening as well. The things I ate so much of and thought of as healthy are really so loaded with carbs it's not even funny. Like sugar-free Ice-Breaker Mints are 1 carb a piece. I eat a box of those a week!! :o And since I now really believe that I am carb sensitive it sure makes sense why my weight came off at a snail's pace. I'm still too new at all this to know if my weight will now start cooperating. I'm just really praying it will!!

On another note, my super heavy cast iron grill pan arrived today so hamburgers, pork chops, and steak are on the menu this week!! :DB)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Dontlookback2018 - I am so sorry you are struggling.

@TeresaW1020 - What a great day! I love all your planning. Enjoy that new skillet and the new menu!

Tuesday Check-in
    Food: on plan, slightly under, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: 22 min Classical Stretch session; 156 min martial arts class

Wednesday Goals
    Food: on target, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: martial arts practice, martial arts class
This discussion has been closed.