SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Long time, no speak. I’m back from holiday and ready for July’s challenge. Zurich was nice but I couldn’t cope with how expensive everything was. In the UK you can get 500g of chicken for £4, in Zurich 250g of chicken was £9 or more. The veggies were just as expensive. We could literally only afford bread, pasta and chocolate, otherwise it would take a massive dent out of our savings.

So, feeling very happy to be home and waiting for my Tesco food shop this morning, full of veggies and protein. The scale is +9 this morning, with no surprise from all the carbs (I have serious carb issues). Got my new PON food planner and going to get my motivation on.
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ssummerlin80
    Week 4
    Pw 168.6
    Cw 169.6

Steps
    6/25--12818
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Weigh In:
    PW: 161.6
    CW: 160.6
    STEPS:
    6/25
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    6/25 Steps: 5149
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/24 14,274
    6/25 10,113

PW 144.5
    CW 144.2
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I seriously don’t get weight loss. I was on my game doing everything I was supposed to do for 2 weeks and no weight would come off. I got discouraged and fell off the bandwagon this weekend. I ate at an all you can eat buffet, and had a massive lasagna dinner, AND skipped my run. Monday and Tuesday I didn’t go crazy, but didn’t track very well and probably ate over my calorie goal.

Today I stepped on the scale just to see how bad the damage was, and I lost a pound! What?! I mean yay I am excited – but I just don’t understand.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Sometimes your body just needs a "shaking up". It could be that you need a carb-up every now and again. My mom would go through this and did quite well with the occasional carb-up. Good luck.
  • RecipeScrapper
    Options
    puhgkdtmp5im.png

YO SHRINKING ASSETS PLEASE WELCOME
    @Marilata05 AND @skelmom
    TO YOUR TEAM
    PLEASE MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOMED
    AS THEY GET SETTLED FOR THE JULY CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG

Welcome to our new friends. @Marilata05 and @skelmom
  • RecipeScrapper
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    Luciciul
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW: 204.2
    CW: 200.8

So close to being under 200 lbs! Next month's goal.

Outstanding loss!!👍👍👍
  • RecipeScrapper
    Options
    Ok SA's it has been a long week and a half. Hubby is still in hospital. Infection is better, swelling is almost gone. His heart now is causing some unforeseen issues ... rhythm won't stay regular, BP is all over the place, pulse is fine then erratic, just a mess. They have had him on a monitor for ten days and challenges persist. Docs are changing his meds almost daily to find the right combo. Very stressful.

Needless to say this has been a less than stellar week for me as far as food, exercise and logging. Oh and my FitBit decided to quit talking to MFP for some reason 🤯 I was not totally surprised that my weight was up but it was REALLY UP!!! Now I did go and have chicken fried steak/fried chicken with gravy @ Babes with my mom and sister one evening, but have been pretty OP otherwise.

Catching up on home things today and getting some meal prep done to stay on track better.

Happy tracking 🚶🏼‍♀️🥑🥓🥚🥩🍖🚶🏼‍♀️
  • RecipeScrapper
    Options
    RecipeScrapper
    PW: 342.2
    CW: 352.2

Thank you stressful week. Walking hospital floors and parking lots should have helped me lose weight. I think it may be partly the soreness in my back muscles from all the carrying of stuff to hubby in hospital.
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/25: 17,440
  • vmandere
    vmandere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for welcoming me so excited to start this journey with you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This has been a crazy week. My dear husband and his sister decided to leave everything until the last moment to arrange home care for my father-in-law. Of course they decided that I could do all the work. I have been non stop since Monday gathering papers, making phone calls and dropping the information of to the health care here. Finally got approval late this afternoon. The worker is coming in tomorrow to meet my father-in-law and get acquainted with the house.

I really miss my granddaughters. Can’t wait for the weekend to see them. It is a long weekend coming up, so I hope to spend some time with them. It is my oldest granddaughters grade 8 graduation today and I am sad to miss it. Hopefully I will get lots of pictures tomorrow.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • ChoseMyChains
    Options
    LovebyDraug69
    PW: 243.4
    CW: 237.8

6/26 Steps: 5149
  • ChoseMyChains
    Options
    Hi all! This has been a crazy week. My dear husband and his sister decided to leave everything until the last moment to arrange home care for my father-in-law. Of course they decided that I could do all the work. I have been non stop since Monday gathering papers, making phone calls and dropping the information of to the health care here. Finally got approval late this afternoon. The worker is coming in tomorrow to meet my father-in-law and get acquainted with the house.

I really miss my granddaughters. Can’t wait for the weekend to see them. It is a long weekend coming up, so I hope to spend some time with them. It is my oldest granddaughters grade 8 graduation today and I am sad to miss it. Hopefully I will get lots of pictures tomorrow.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Enjoy your weekend with your grandbabies and please travel safely.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @boehle @lindamtuck2018
    JULIE OR LINDA COULD ONE OF YOU PLEASE MAKE THIS ADJUSTMENT ON YOUR JULY SPREADSHEET
    THANKS GREG

@kilobykilo
    WELCOME TO THE FAT2 FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    GREG HERE ONE OF THE MODERATORS/MOTIVATORS AND CO-CAPTAIN OF THE WORKOUT WARRIORS FOR THE GROUP

SO LET ME MAKE SURE I GOT THIS RIGHT
    ** MFP User ID: (Your MFP screen name) @kilobykilo
    ** Weigh-in Day: (Day you would like to weigh in on) MONDAY
    ** Starting Weight: (Your weight on your weigh in day the week) 186.
    WE ONLY USE POUNDS IN THE CHALLENGE

NOW IF THIS ALL CORRECT YOUR GOLDEN....
    YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR WEIGH IN DAY IF THAT'S NOT GOOD WITH YOUR DAILY ROUTINE...
    I AM GOING TO ASSIGN YOU TO SHRINKING ASSETS YOUR TEAM CAPTAINS ARE @boehle AND @lindamtuck2018
    HERE IS THE JUNE LINK TO THE TEAM....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746720/shrinking-assets-team-chat-june-2019#latest
    PLEASE POP ON OVER AND SAY AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF
    ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR JOINING OUR CHALLENGE
    GREG

@Navydaddjtc thanks so much! I've realised Monday is going to be an awful day for me to weigh in July as I wont always have scale access. Could I change my weigh day to Thursday and my start weight to the 185.8 I was this morning?

Many thanks, really looking forward to the challenge!

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc - I updated the June one to show thursday for them.
    Do we have a july sheet? I dont recall seeing an email yet.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/26
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/27: 23,106
    Pushing the lawnmower around racks up the steps!
This discussion has been closed.