What do you want to be ABLE to do at goal?

Options
1235»

Replies

• paba2025
    paba2025 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to get on an airplane and walk down the aisle without seeing the fear on other passenger's faces that I will end up sitting next to them.
  • science_and_fairies
    Options
    I want to run a half marathon. I want to be able to go on all the rides at 6 flags. I want to be flexible. I want to wear cool clothes and fit into all the halloween costumes. I want to be able to shop in normal stores.
  • MrsSloffee
    MrsSloffee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would first and foremost like to be able to stop taking the blood pressure medications that I'm on.

I would also like to travel with my FH on business trips when he travels overseas (So thinking about flying a long time in a plane, not worrying about fitting into a seat and making the person next to me uncomfortable.

I want to also be able to be more active. FH and I were riding bikes around Mackinac Island in Michigan this past September when he proposed to me. It's an 8 mile circle around the island, mostly flat. There was one hill that I had to walk the bike up. I would like to be able to actually bike all over the island, since it's super hilly. I know right now I can't do it. A few years before that, we went to the Pictured Rocks in the UP of Michigan. There were LOTS of trails and I was disappointed in myself that I couldn't do half of what I had wanted...and they weren't even some of the longest hikes.

And it would be wonderful to be able to take the extra poundage off my knees. I just had surgery to clean up my meniscus in August.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I want to be the smaller fat me I used to be, who never gave a second thought to participating in activities because I *might* not be able to do something, fit on/in something, etc. I want to be able to give our boys all the experiences I never had at their age, with parents who love to hike, swim, bike, skate, etc. It would be awesome to be able to shop at regular stores from a convenience/price/choice standpoint; I've never been able to do that as an adult.

weight.png
  • leeaweems5580
    leeaweems5580 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to try skating and not be worried that if I fall it’ll make a scene and embarrass my kids. I also want to go hiking.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I want to try skating and not be worried that if I fall it’ll make a scene and embarrass my kids. I also want to go hiking.

Love these!! Do you have a list of places that would be your "dream" hikes?

For whatever it's worth, I'm pretty sure we embarrass our kids no matter what size we are ;) (part of parenting lol), but I know what you mean. One thing I often think about, though, is this: is it better to let them see us try and fall (or fail) and risk embarrassment, or to never even try in the first place? I think about how many years I've spent not doing things because I might fail or not be good at something or people might judge me for doing whatever it was I was doing in this body instead of the body I "should" have (at least according to society's standards). Gosh, I've wasted an awful lot of time.

I loved skating when I was younger, and I can't do it now because of the shape my knees are in. It occurred to me recently that my husband doesn't know how to skate, so who will teach our boys? I need to figure out a way to get back to skating, so that I can teach them. I still hike, but much more slowly and not as on trails with the same level of difficulty as I used to when I was a smaller version of me.

Big hugs to you as we begin this Thursday. So glad you're here! Best, Tara

weight.png

• Zelda841
    Zelda841 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For years, I've desperately wanted to go horseback riding. I lived on a horse ranch as a girl (where my dad worked) and it's always been a dream of mine. I rode once or twice as a child...but it's something that would truly make me happy to pick up as an adult. :love:
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In 2014, I did my first triathlon. I ended up in last place but I finished
    . I would like to do another one or at least a duathlon (biking and walking).

I fell recently in the house and was not able to get up on my own. I had to call a neighbor. I want to be able to get up on my own.

I was born with bad knees so it hurts to kneel. But exercise helps them from not going out of place. I would like to be balance and have strong knees.

I would like to travel, go to amusement parks and ride the rides, sit in a booth at a restaurant comfortably, take dancing classes, whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, zip line, horseback riding, walking on the beach and several others.

j1u2r2e0owzu.jpeg
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    balhoff wrote: »
    In 2014, I did my first triathlon. I ended up in last place but I finished
    . I would like to do another one or at least a duathlon (biking and walking).

I fell recently in the house and was not able to get up on my own. I had to call a neighbor. I want to be able to get up on my own.

I was born with bad knees so it hurts to kneel. But exercise helps them from not going out of place. I would like to be balance and have strong knees.

I would like to travel, go to amusement parks and ride the rides, sit in a booth at a restaurant comfortably, take dancing classes, whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, zip line, horseback riding, walking on the beach and several others.

j1u2r2e0owzu.jpeg

@balhoff You are awesome! Keep up the good work! I'm sure you'll knock out some of those goals soon!
  • julielydia83
    julielydia83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new. I want to do all the simple things. Sit in a booth at a restaurant, ride a roller coaster, cross my legs, ride my bike (it has a weight limit), run, be confident in a bathing suit, not be the biggest person in the picture, play at the park with my son without having to take a break every 2 minutes. Just live life without my fat getting in the way. Today is day 2.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Julie ^_^
  • Trixxtie
    Trixxtie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started my weightloss journey. I want to become healthy enough to the point I no longer need medication. Depending on the chair, I’m worried if I’ll be able to sit or not and I’m tired of it. I don't want to be tired as easily. I want to build my confidence on myself, for me this is te most important!
  • StacieBugPrude
    StacieBugPrude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I want to go on rides at the fair with my daughter
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    Right now I need to get my weight down to 215lbs for life insurance. That is my first goal
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to get back to 255 (which I got down to from 318 in 2019). At the time I felt just as fat and rubbish as always but looking back at photos I see there was actually a huge difference and I'm super aware at how much easier it was to move. Nobody ever pointed it out to me that I looked thinner so I never realised how different I looked until now >_>
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    @haitsemahal you are well on your way and you will get there!
  • FatFighter1982
    FatFighter1982 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make plans where I dont have to think of all the ways I need to modify the various events for my larger than i want body. This is the one thing that I look forward to, and is a huge NSV goal for myself
  • haitsemahal
    haitsemahal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @haitsemahal you are well on your way and you will get there!

You are too. We got this! 😁