@gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
    @McKay85

Tuesday's Weigh-ins
    @phoebe112476
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,097 Member
    Options
    So for the curious ones: "Jelly bonbons" is a litteral translation from Bulgarian. I was too tired to check how you call it. And that should be "gummy candies" :D . Or in my case Haribo. In Europe they make them with natural flavors and colorants so I find them a little less harmful then other candies. I just adore them. Yet they still content a descent amount of sugar, so I try to avoid them.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I am back. I was not expecting to not be on here for so long. I did read over the posts I missed but I just don't have the time to comment on them all. I have a busy 2 weeks ahead and then things should settle down. I am not doing that great between the guests being here last week and then going to New York. Today we are heading back to PA for my husband's birthday and some doctor's appointments on Tuesday. I have to get an ultrasound of my ovaries as they saw cysts when I had my MRI. I am sure it is nothing and I am actually surprised they are following up as I have no symptoms. I am not looking forward to it because 45 min before the ultrasound I need to drink 32oz of water and not pee afterwards. I really don't know if I can do that. Ugh!
    So my plan for the week is to get back to planning my weeks and days. I am also going to take one day at a time and do my little steps-64 oz of water, 30 min exercise, logging food, plan my day, eat till satisfied, get on MFP regularly again. I am not going to worry about all that is coming up and take one day at a time.
    I am really sorry I can't comment on all of your posts, I would be here forever. It feels weird not doing it. Hope everyone has a great day and I hope I can get back on here later tonight. If not, it will be after my ultrasound tomorrow.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @cyndiestuff-Good luck on your first day! I am so excited for you!! They are going to love you!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuffHAPPY FIRST DAY AT THE NEW JOB!!! You made it!!!

@Julie8468 – yes definitely listen to PNP while you are in Orlando. My goodness, I’m listening to her Friday one and it’s so good “Reflecting on the Past Year”.

@twyla77 – you have a very cute bunny!! My Lucy (kitty cat) doesn’t like the baby bunnies outside our house but they are darn cute!

@sleepymom5 – good luck with the ultrasound. Hey the drinking all that water ahead of time reminds me of baby ultrasounds. I think that was harder than the actual delivery!!

@cyndiesstuff – I’ll act as if… food cravings never phase me. They are a normal part of life and it doesn’t mean I’ll starve to death 😊 or it will do anything to relieve the stress I am currently feeling.

This week’s plan:

• Eat 40 grams net carbs or less every day
    • Bike, run, walk and do yoga every day!
    • Write in my journal and keep stressing my why’s and why I won’t give up on myself!!

Wow it was a busy weekend and didn't have any time to myself...except for a 45 minute sauna I booked for the hubs and myself. He has fibro and has a lot of pain and I was thinking it might help him. Don't know yet but I did discover that I do love an infrared sauna much better than a regular sauna. I much prefer the dry heat! I'm going back again on Friday after work for a 30 minute session. :)

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    User ID: jedaschultz
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week Number: Week 5
    Previous weight: 202.6
    Current weight: 202.8

Creeping up a little each week. I need to get it creeping down a little each week.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    We had a very lovely weekend. Friday night after our luscious Indian dinner Molly and I went for a walk at the local Arboretum. We even climbed up the hill to the meditation labyrinth.
    Saturday morning Molly went with me to my running path. I ran 45 minutes in the early morning but still very hot. Then did mom's pills, started a new summer jigsaw puzzle, started an excellent new book, hung out at the pool lounging and swimming and ate fantastic beyond burgers for dinner.
    Sunday we decided to be more productive. We started the day with a 20 minute bike ride. We're starting to get longer and stronger. The bike rack Molly ordered didn't work so we went to the local Mennonite bike shop and bought a Sherpa rack that had been recommended to me by a client. expensive but Molly is oh so happy. It has always been a struggle hauling our bikes. Not no more! We had removed 2 very large pine trees a few months back. In their place is an impressive bed of weeds. We decided to finally tackle them. It wasn't as hard as we had feared. We left the pretty volunteer sunflowers. We decided that was productive enough. Spent the rest of the day doing yoga, reading, working on my new puzzle and eating yummy food. I made an apricot mango smoothie for breakfast, cherry lime slushie for an afternoon pick me up and egglplant parmesan (vegan) with summer squash, zoodles and chickpea pasta. Relaxed by the pool some more and marveled that we were doing "nothing". That is just not the "us" that we know. It was so different and enjoyable for a change.
    My hip and lower back were a bit kinked yesterday. I had not done yoga in 2 weeks and I was really starting to notice the difference. I am back to my daily commitment. Did it both days this weekend and will do it tonight. It really helps to keep my balanced.

Have a great week everyone!!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    zhsye4pybaus.jpeg
    mbk9kak4prjk.jpeg
    Around the corn on my running path. And Sunday dinner.
  • McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    UserID: McKay85
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week #: 5
    PW: 311.2
    CW: 312.8

I had a very emotional and rough weekend with some family stuff. On top of that and not sleeping well, I only made it to the gym once and didn't choose the best foods over the weekend. However, I do notice my body changing and my clothes looking better on me. My sister and my mom said they noticed my weight loss so that's a win!

Today I will continue to log my food, eat more veggies, go to the gym, keep incorporating ab exercises to routine and be kind to myself by not thinking about this as too much if a failure but an opportunity to have a more productive week. Plus my success is not based on the scale entirely. The scale is just one area of growth.

Have a good Monday - see you tomorrow!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @nstephenson01 They actually do seem to keep each other company... it's kind of adorable :)

@cyndiesstuff GOOD LUCK AT YOUR NEW JOB!!! I went out and got groceries this weekend so I'm actually prepared to feed myself without having to do any additional shopping throughout the week. I got stuff to make my own salads and found a recipe I want to try in the air fryer for vegetarian stuffed peppers. I also talked to my husband about really making a concentrated effort when he gets back from his work trip. I know he's unhappy with his weight too.

@gottagetthisdown yay! nice loss!

@mrsbell8well sounds like you had a nice weekend! I need to get back to yoga too :( I haven't been to a class at all this year since the yoga retreat I went to in January. How pathetic :(

I'm back DOWN 3 pounds today. I swear to god it's like only on weigh-in day that my weight jumps up!!! What is that??? It was 143 on Saturday and 140.3 today.
    I had a pretty good day yesterday. Aside from doing grocery shopping for the week I got 19,000 steps just CLEANING MY HOUSE! AND I'M NOT EVEN DONE! It's crazy what you can accomplish when the TV is off... ;)

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I gotta run. I will try and check in later, but being my first day on the job and all, i don't know if that will be possible. so i wanted to make sure everyone made their plans for the week. see my post from sunday. lets make this the best week possible. we will steam roll into august.

Good luck!!!

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I love your smile, you look so inspirational. Makes me want to start running again.
    I want to lose some weight first, my ankles can't put up with running at my current weight.... :(
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    amsandos

p.w 138
    Cw 140

@cyndiesstuff you are right about the pity train. Although it is more like a lazy train. I am getting back on it
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily log in for: Monday July 29
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: not enough, but more than yesterday!
    Exercise: a lot of walking and running around after the dog. This morning i took the outdoor stairs which I normally avoid. they almost killed me.
    Steps: 23,322

the stairs. They go up forever. but the good thing is my apartment is just on the other side!

on9zwrjbm590.jpeg

@Mrsbell8well you are so cute, and your running path with the corn looks so cool!

@carlsoda journaling is part of my weekly goal too! i always feel so much more focused after i write it all down!

@cyndiesstuff i thought of you today and hope your first day at work went well!

i logged all my food today, but i didn’t exactly make the smartest food choices, (oat fudge bar from starbucks) however i still was under my daily calories. Tomorrow i’ll try harder to skip the sweets!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: yes! on plan
    Water: 36 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 7602

wow. i made it thru my first day at my new job. it is going to be a lot busier. the boss seems nice... and determined. he has a goal. and he has a plan. and i am part of it!! so now i need to figure out how they do things around there and then set my own plan. for now my plan is to learn their procedures. they seem a little antiquated right now, don't know for sure. but i think they needed some new blood!! so the day was good. food on track. water and steps not enough. but i will work on that today. oh yeah, cut my drive time from 45 minutes one way to 30 minutes. i had counseling last night. i am not sure if she is paying attention. i am not feeling really connected to her. almost like she is not really listen. like she is doing other things while on the phone with me. hmmmm....

@Moarrein ohhh i love gummies!! soo good. they are a trigger food for me tho. so i tend to stay away!!

@sleepymom5 ohhh well tell Jim happy birthday for me!! lol, i have had a few of those ultrasounds before!! have fun. wait till you have 32 oz of water in your gut and they start applying pressure to you belly. the things us girls have to do!! and i feel like we are losing you to the summer guests. remember you have to figure out how to live your life with your plan. so you plan has to fit your life. your not going to give up your life, so you need to figure out the adjustments you have to make to still be the queen hostess!! you will do it. keep working at it.

@carlsoda yay first day is done. phew! i made it!! and i will act as if.... healthy meal planning is a joy and one of my most loving acts of self care. we don't quit! this is us girl! we never give up on ourselves!! mmmmm sauna! now there is some beautiful self care!!

@gottagetthisdown yayayayay., happy dance girl. made the scale move in the right direction! now don't look back, your not going that way!!

@jedaschultz we will call that a maintain. but.... it sounds like you need to change up your game. what will you do this week to get your momentum?

@Mrsbell8well wow your weekend sounds wonderful. and i can tell that you love molly to the moon and back! she is a lucky girl to have you. you seem like you balance one another out!! what a great gift. and hey good looking!! love the pic. all i can say is bang boom bam! your amazing.

@McKay85 you can make that move back the other way. family stuff is going to happen. and that is precisely why you need to stick to you plan. you need to be strong both mentally and physically. i know it is getting hard. and it seems like a long way to go. try picking a small attainable goal. like august i will lose 4 pounds. and so all you have to think about is 4 pounds. you can do 4 pounds. now lets go into august with a fierce sense of commitment.

@DananaNanas first day went well, thanks!! ohhhh and look at you go. making a weekly food plan and getting the groceries! super proud of you girl. and convince him it is what is best for him. not to lose weight but to live out you years in good health!! bad diet will cause huge problems as you age. ask me. i know first hand.

@hope002 thanks the first day went well

@amsandos ok girl now shake that off! you did better when you were coming here and sharing and planning. hey you were in my office yesterday! there is a candy dish full of chocolates in my office. you kept saying, "thats not for you" lol. thanks for the inspiration. it made me smile!

@twyla77 omgosh, i love those stairs. i would walk those every day! that is one of the neatest things i have seen in a long time!! and thanks, my first day was great!! on to day two!

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: Not logged and over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute bike ride
    Steps: 6637

I have to get out of here so I can't write too much. Did not do too well at the birthday dinner. Ate 1/3 plus appetizers so I was stuffed, not full. I had things I had to do at the shore before I left so we rushed back to PA and was starved by the time I got to the bar. I have been busy so I have not been doing well with planning which I am sure is most of my problem. I was listening to a Phit and Phat podcast yesterday that mentioned being busy vs being productive. It is all about the planning. I am chicken with the head cut off busy, I am getting stuff done but it would be less crazy if I had a plan. I am just rushing through things I need to do and not doing much else and my eating and exercise is suffering. I have another crazy day today and I have to head back to the shore after. I also have another group of guests coming through for over a week. I can't afford to keep going like this. Tomorrow I am going to sit out and plan the next two weeks AND do my 24 hour plan. Hopefully tonight I can do a 24 hour plan for tomorrow too, if not, I will do it in the am. I have to go drink my water . Ugh! I won't be able to check in tonight so I will see you all tomorrow! Have a wonderful day everyone!

@carlsoda Congrats on 7 years on MFP! Great plan for this week! Let's finish July strong!
    @gottagetthisdown Nice loss! Hope all is going well. Remember we are here for you!
    @jedaschultz That is more like a maintain. How are things going?
    @mrsbell8well What a wonderful weekend you had! Love the pics!
    @mckay85 Great attitude! I hope you have a better week this week.
    @DananaNanas That is why you can't beat yourself up with the scale, so much goes into your weight. Sounds like you had a productive and active day! Great job!
    @amsandos What can we do to get you back in the groove? Why don't you try to just take one day at a time and make little changes. Hang in there!
    @twyla77 How crazy is the calories in some of those starbucks things?! You took accountability and that is what is important. New day today! Oh, and those stairs! What a workout!
    @cyndiesstuff You will be adjusted to your new job before you know it. The first few weeks are always a little slow while trying to figure things out. I am excited for you! I didn't realize you even take a little time off your commute. That is awesome! Great job with staying on track. You are doing awesome!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    65vsncqpkp3q.jpeg

Tuesday's Weigh In
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @Barbb1557
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01