WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in

Food - great! 2 grams of carbs over my goal. I'll call it a success!!

Exercise - home a little late so I had a shorter time for yoga but got in my 10,000+ steps

Water - great and on track!

Yesterday was a pretty good day! I haven't been listening to PNP lately as I had a couple of audio books come in from the library but I realized yesterday I really needed it. So I started listening in the morning on my way in and audio book (murder mystery!!) on my way home! It's crazy how you forget some things Corinne suggests...like counting down from 90 when you have a craving to get your brain thinking about something else. I'm going to set a reminder each day on my outlook in the early afternoon when I have troubles. Hopefully this will help me remember to do this when it happens.

@cyndiesstuff - YAY!! first day is done!! Hey I would going to say with counselling, please make sure you mention to her you don't feel like your connecting. If you don't say anything then you'll never know for sure. Please do it for yourself! OK?

Gotta run - busy day. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    ahhhh thanks for all the sweet compliments on my pictures. @cyndiesstuff yes I am more in love than ever. This week we have a 3 day weekend to celebrate our 3rd year wedding anniversary. Do you all remember the conversation I had with Molly a few weeks ago? We had a tough heart to heart about where we were going in our path to wellness. She did not see how she could commit to riding bikes again and she didn't want to do it. I reminded her how important it was for me to find a partner that was not just supportive but that joined me in my fun adventures. She had a long list of reasons she could not get with it. Mourning her mom, too many chores, helping with my parents, on going piles of laundry, physically no motivation to get in shape...and on and on. After that day she turned the corner. We turned the corner. She took the bikes to the shop to be tuned up. We started walking together to my running path 3 days a week. We got back onto our bikes. I in turn, started helping more with chores, making breakfast smoothies and oatmeal, packing her lunches, helping with evening dishes...we are doing it all and doing it together. We have really deepened our relationship in these last 4 weeks. Molly has committed to taking better care of her health and has lost 4 pounds this month. For this weekend we would normally plan to go to her sisters country home and lounge around. But now we are planning hiking, biking and either tubing down the river or kayaking. We are feeling strong and adventurous. I am loving my life...but again I am daydreaming about retirement. I am trying to figure out when. Wish I could do it now and enjoy my parents while they are still with us. But that's just me being in a play mode.
    We were out the door this morning by 6:15 am for our walk/run. got in 42 minutes. I think my daughter is coming my way to do a 5 mile run early Thursday morning.
    Yesterday was a good eating day. I had my snacks and meals planned out. In the evening I wanted some vegan ice cream and popcorn. I miss having a beer and wine or a cocktail but my body does not seem to do well with alcohol anymore...not sure that it ever did. But I did not snack in the evening. Molly asked if I wanted to snack because I was hungry. No not really. I just wanted to snack. These are the habits that got me fat in the first place. Snack when your not hungry, drinking...To stay on course with maintenance I need to find that balance of what I can and cannot do. I am working on it.
    @twyla77 oooohhh weeee girl...those are some stairs. Yikes! And your daily step count...geez...you must have super strong leg muscles! Isn't it crazy with all this activity we still gain weight??? You should be able to eat mountains of food and never gain an ounce. But it unfortunately is not like that at all is it? Looking forward to seeing you hit your goal in August!
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I need to take a break. I will rejoin when I can be more active and participate. Thanks.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: Pre-Logged, ended up over
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute dog walk, 90 minute yoga class; 10,336 steps

Yesterday flew by; was on the go all day. I pre-logged and ate as planned until the evening when cooking dinner. I was particularly hungry so snacked while I cooked. A bite here, a bite there... it adds up. I just don't deal well with being hungry and its a goal of mine to work on over the next few weeks. Woke at 3:00 am with cramps... I never know when my period is going to start these days. Rather annoying. Didn't get an early enough start this morning to beat the heat so missed my planned hike with the dogs. Will try for tomorrow but the heat we're having may put a temporary kibosh on my hiking.

@twyla77 That is such a cute picture of Luke on the rug. Frame-worthy! And those stairs are crazy!!

@cyndiesstuff Hooray... first day in the books! I was thinking that you had an advantage already being familiar with the company's practices and policies but it sounds like each office operates a little differently. I have no doubt you will do great and have landed in a good place. Nice bonus that the commute is a bit shorter as well. My garden is doing well... zucchini, yellow squash & cucumbers each day. Broccoli, peppers and peas are coming along. It's a fun time. Not many tomatoes yet. Not sure if they aren't getting enough sun or if chipmunks are to blame. Oh and I just remembered you asked about the swordfish... it was very good. Its a nice, firm white meat... not fishy. A little pricey. I'm trying to incorporate more fish in my diet. If I don't like it I won't eat it so I'm willing to pay a little extra especially since I'm just feeding me right now.

@sleepymom5 Pam, I hope you do spend some time putting a plan together. I so want you to be successful balancing shore time and wellness. November will be here before you know it. Its challenging with house-guests but not impossible. You need to put your weight loss goals first! Maybe just start with the tiniest of changes like PNP suggests in her podcast. You give us such great advice and support. Turn some of that encouragement onto yourself my friend. Hugs!! And good luck with the ultrasound.

@Moarrein Ooh I love Haribo gummy bears! Hubby likes to buy them and I try to just have a few but they're a weakness of mine.

Nice loss @gottagetthisdown!

Aaahhh @Mrsbell8well You have worked very hard to earn the good life!! Much deserved! :smile:

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday that you can be proud of at the end of the day!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @Moarrein I like "jelly bonbons" better lol...gummy bears...oh yeah! hmmm we have a natural food coop here that sells lovely natural gummy bears. I think I will pick some up for our next hike.
    @cyndiesstuff so glad your new beginning has begun. Good luck as you navigate the changes. Sorry to hear about the disappointment with your therapist. In the past it sounds like you have benefited. Maybe last night was just a fluke. I wouldn't give up yet. Or you can always ask her straight up if she is hearing you that it sounds like she is distracted.
    @nstephenson01 I don't like being hungry either. But it helps for me to be clear when it is ok and when it is not. If I know I am planning to eat light or skip a meal then so be it. I don't let myself think about it. I will use yoga or something else to distract myself. But if I know a snack or dinner is coming up...oh I get so antsy until I can start chowing down. Do you ever have an awesome snack or meal planned and that is all you can think about? You count down the time until you can enjoy your treat/meal.
    @DananaNanas I started back with my Adriene you tube yoga sessions. I benefit so much from daily sessions. Hers are 20-45 minutes typically. Sometimes you just have to jump back in.
    @carlsoda sounds like you had a great day. I totally get caught up in my books too.
    @sleepymom5 hang in there. The answers are there when we are ready to listen and execute the necessary actions. You have come far. I think the hip thing has really thrown you off too. I have a hard time functioning and focusing when I have a headache or pain in my body.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 5?
    PW: 164.0
    CW: 164.1
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    Chech in for Monday:
    Food: logged and under
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 30 min walk
    Steps: 10975

My boy is having a cold :-( He has a nasty cough and a little fever. The doctor said it might turn to bronchitis, so tomorrow we'll visit the hospital again. For now I'm staying home with him. So I'm being a little sedentary and depressed. And I have box of 12 French macarons that I was intending to share with Hubby. I just had one and desided to prelog half of the box. And to post here about my internal struggle :#
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team. I hope everyone is doing well. I’m struggling with the night time eating again and it happens when I can’t sleep. Last night I couldn’t sleep and I actually won the battle with my head trying to convince me to go eat. Doesn’t that stink?!?! I’m a grown woman and have these insane food issues. It’s kind of embarrassing!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you’re doing well! 😊

We had a great time in Vegas! It was a quick trip. The weather was of course hot! We enjoyed some frozen cocktails by the pool and some delicious dinners! Got back Saturday night, went to the beach yesterday. We went to Manasquan @sleepymom5, I think that’s far from your shore house.

I’m on vacation from work until next Wednesday, so happy to have some time off from work! Got back on track today, ate well & worked out. Really going to try to stay on track and lose a few pounds before I head back to work. I’m up a little from my trip, but not bad.

Have a great week!😊
  • McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Checkin:
    Logged my food yesterday and today. But could not get to the gym. I was very tired and napped in the middle of the day both days (very unusual for me). Hopefully I'm not coming down with something.
    Tomorrow I have a personal training appointment. Pray for me if you're the praying type LOL!

@cyndiesstuff Thank you for your kind words. I do know I can get the scale moving down again. I really shouldn't be too disappointed. I did technically meet my goal for the month - 10lbs down. I would love the to lose another 10lbs by Labor Day. But I'll consider an easier goal.

@sleepymom5 Thanks! I'll bounce back - I always do 😉
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Tuesday July 30
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: i sat in a meeting for four hours (!!!) which was mentally and physically draining, so i left work early and took the dog for a long walk! (My bosses dog, so nobody’s going to give me any grief over leaving early lol!) Helped a friend move a mattress which was a bit of a disaster but got my heart rate up! (broke a nail while i was at it)
    Steps: 18,770
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tueday
    Food: yes! on plan
    Water: 66 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 10327

well there you go. i was on plan yesterday! work was great. i was busy all day. no time for being hungry or tired. love it.

@sleepymom5 hey girl!! ohhhh you have time to make a 24 hour plan. it takes 2 minutes. i love you lady but you really need to take a hard look at your excuses. you are not going to get to your goal doing the same things you have always done. get back to your plan. the shore is not an all summer vacation. it's like a job with guests you love but you still need to come first.

@carlsoda wow what a great day for you yesterday!! success!!! ohh i agree. when you are in the moment you can totally forget your tools. that is because they are not habit yet. i sometimes write it in ink on the palm of my hand. that way it flashes at me every time i move my hand. a constant reminder till it becomes habit. and your right about the counselor. i should let her know and see what she says. it will be an interesting conversation.

@Mrsbell8well i love your journey. you are doing great. i am tired just hearing about it!!

@bmaison2014 thanks for checking in. i hope you take care and i will ask you to be moved to the cheer squad. we look forward to when you come back.

@nstephenson01 no eating while standing girl!! you can do this. if you want it, you can have it. you just need to sit to eat it. mindfulness will help you figure out the hunger. and it's ok to be hungry. maybe spend some time journaling why you were grazing. you gave yourself permission. it is all a work in progress. those are some of your old habits that got you overweight in the first place. this is a good thing this happened. it will give you the opportunity to analyze it and make a plan for when you are in that situation again. and you will be there again. and i agree when the garden starts to produce it is really fun. i have had like 2 cherry tomatoes. but the rest are still growing. my peppers are a little shakey. the plants are quite small but they have peppers on them. i am not sure there will be enough plant to feed the peppers. oh well, it was a wet spring and the garden was late. so anything is a blessing!!

@phoebe112476 good job maintaining this week. you have been really consistent. super proud of all the work you have done.

@Moarrein back a way from the cookies. you can. take some time today and journal about why you ate them. analyze it. what did you say to yourself that made it ok to eat? it is a good thing this has happened. you can you the thought model to figure out what happened and what you will do next time you are faced with a situation like that. and it will happen again. write down a plan for what you will do and put it where you will see it when you go to over indulge. we are here for you girl.

@lennoncpa don't be embarrassed. many of us have food issues. that is how we got here in the first place. if you have time to eat you have time to journal. start doing though downloads and figure out your whys. why do you give yourself permission? use the thought model and start working this problem. it is not going to fix itself. you are going to need to put in the work to fix it. make it a priority girl.

@kirsten11872 i am so glad you enjoyed your trip! and your lucky to have some deserved time off. super happy for you!!

@McKay85 is this your first apptointment with this personal trainer? good luck, and i am praying for you.

@twyla77 i love your day yesterday!! it sounds like a typical day in the life of a girl!! good job staying on track thru it!!

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    8vpa71qtf4iz.jpg

Following are the members that are on either team support or the drop list. Please let me know if you are coming back for the august challenge. we need to know soon.....

@GingerPwr
    @Shirin_K
    @Cafelelia
    @hkfleming
    @eyesopennow
    @Zumba_Luvah
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Mrsbell8well
    Wednesday
    PW 142
    CW 141.6
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff am I now on the cheer squad for August?
    This mornings weight was an achievement. Phew. I was up to 144.8 a few days ago. Balancing it all out!
    Quite relieved and overjoyed!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff yes I'm in for the August challenge
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day as far as eating. Stayed in my calorie range even though I had pizza for supper. I only have one piece (rising crust) so it's not really an issue for me. We bought my husband the truck he's been drooling over for about a month! That was three hours of just sitting at the car dealer while haggling for the right price then waiting for them to do all the paperwork and clean the truck. And that was after sitting for an hour ad a half in another meeting. So tiring to sit all that time. My step count was below 5,000 for the day.
    I did water aerobics on Monday so I was more on track that day.

@cyndiesstuff so good to hear you say you had a good day at work. Being bored all day like you were a month ago is awful.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check in

Food - only 1 extra thing I ate that wasn't on plan. (not bad!!)
    Water - tons and tons of it!
    Exercise - C25K (week 2 day 1) and a 6 mile bike ride (legs are sore today)

Overall a really good day yesterday! Did my C25K at lunch (our office is on a lake with a path around it) and the weather was amazing. I think it was around 71 degrees. Then when I got home went on a nice bike ride on the bike path. My legs are sore today :)

Tonight's plan is yoga - much needed yoga!! Food is already prelogged except for supper. I need to find a recipe again for low carb chicken strips. I'm going to make some tonight and have it with a salad. Then I'll add it in.

@cyndiesstuff - so glad you had another great day yesterday!! I'm so glad you changed branches! No job is perfect, but this sounds 100% better than at the other location.

@Mrsbell8well - so glad Molly is on the same page as you. It really helps when you both can get out and walk/run/bike and eat similar meals. Good job!!

This discussion has been closed.