Monthly Post July 2019

Options
124»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Took a vacation day yesterday and we went to a state park, a little less than an hour east of us on the coast of Connecticut. It was beautiful! Different type of beach / water / sand. Fewer rocks. :) Planning to go back again soon. Since we are CT residents, we entered for free. Woo hoo!

Thanks for your info about Keto. I appreciate that @mamainthekitchen and I totally get where you are coming from.
    I had tried Keto or a version of it in the past when I was in my late 20's / early 30's when it was mostly known as the Atkins Diet. I successfully lost 40 pounds on it. I kept the weight off for a few years and then I got stuck on a huge plateau and over time gave up. Note that I did not lift a finger as far as exercise, until the end when I really didn't know what I was doing gym wise and there was no routine or consistency. Pounds came back on after.
    As I have mentioned before, I am a cancer survivor so I typically should eat a fair amount of fruits, veggies, beans, grains, etc. A lot of that is no no on Keto. I have also seen a vegetarian version of Keto that works for people. I am totally going to look in to that and see if I can do a mix of vegetarian and some poultry and fish thrown in for more protein. Stay away from a lot of read meat, pork, bacon, nitrate containing cold cuts and such.
    Keto scares me a little but the reality is I REALLY need to lose weight. I am pretty much back where I started weight wise from when I had first started the Fast Diet a year and a half ago. And being over weight is also a cancer risk. :(
    I hear you about maintaining. That is the even harder part then getting the weight off.
    I still need to research some more on Keto but I am at the point or mind set where I just can't wrap my head around two light days a week. :(
    I don't want to get into negativity about the Fast Diet because it really does work! And this is a Five and Two board LOL.
    I am sort of at a cross roads where I need to find something a little different and get a better grasp on my eating.
    A lot of my weekends have been kind of off track now for a while. When I suffer FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) during the week with my eating, then the weekends come and I'm looking for ways to be happy. This means I eat the pizza, the pasta, Chinese Take Out, the this, the that. You get the idea. There was also hip and back pain that I have been dealing with that also made me say screw it to the gym and preferring to eat comfort foods instead. :(
    Bad, bad, bad. Need to get back on track and find something that works for me. Will do some research and hopefully figure out a plan on how to maintain when the time comes.
    Jeez, this got long! Sorry.
    My plan now is to research Keto. Eat the naughty stuff we have left in the house, and prepare for something different going forward. Of course I'll still keep posting here with you all.
    <3
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy last day of July! Wow, that flew by. Sigh...

Hope everybody is doing well. Things are good here. Still prepping for a change over to Keto. Trying to finish up the stuff in the house this week so we can changeover on Monday.

With that, I am off to have some oatmeal. :)

Speak to you soon.