Fibre and Flax-seeds

Options

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    LOL, ⏫ reasons I take a lot of the controversial things I take... The things doctors can't tell you!!
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this turned in to a PCOS discussion, but this is good, keep it coming. My wife has PCOS and has just started Keto.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    5ig8psub7uue.png
    Some prebiotic fiber foods
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    LOL, ⏫ reasons I take a lot of the controversial things I take... The things doctors can't tell you!!
    Alternative health has taught me so much. I’m thankful for the GAPS diet, low carb, and carnivore which has saved my health.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Alternative health has taught me so much. I’m thankful for the GAPS diet, low carb, and carnivore which has saved my health.

@TheDevastator

Same. I had a lot of health issues that doctors wanted to stick me on prescription meds for life...as a cash cow. Or perform unnecessary surgeries. Things that I cured (not taking herbal supplements for) cured!

I've almost died a handful of times from being misdiagnosed.

lol, and it kills me when I suggest something for a specific virus or disease to someone suffering, and they say.... "When I asked my dr about that, he says that doesn't work or that's toxic."

I just reply..."Stick to the prescriptions your dr has you on, I'm sure your dr knows best and is looking out for your best interest."

While thinking..."Well genius, the prescriptions you're on have ten pages of side effects each, known to destroy the liver, obviously isn't working if you've been on the same meds and in pain for two years with the same dr, meanwhile my friend or family member who took what I'm suggesting and listened is out of the wheelchair, no pain, and has a full life again."

And half the Drs if sick wouldn't be taking that prescription, but will lose license if they don't follow the FDA/pharmaceutical script Erg.

Cancer is the big one...."I've been given 6 months to a year, but my doctor says apricot pits and graviola tea are poisonous."

WTH?? Even after I tell them behind the scenes at medical oncology conference two oncologists, a cardiologist, and a pharmaceutical representive (all were guest speakers at the conference) all confirmed to my late hubby that they all take b17 (two in form of tablets, two ate apricot pits daily).

Oh well, can't save everyone!

Lol, sorry original post got hijacked... Happens frequently.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    I’m glad I haven’t had to deal with cancer yet myself. Sounds like you’ve had a tough time with it. Most Doctors only know drugs and have limited education on nutrition. All thanks to the pharmaceutical corporations.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I’m glad I haven’t had to deal with cancer yet myself. Sounds like you’ve had a tough time with it. Most Doctors only know drugs and have limited education on nutrition. All thanks to the pharmaceutical corporations.

@TheDevastator

I haven't had cancer, I've watched family and friends go through it. And I try and tell them about what myself and hubby would hear at the oncology conferences or doctor's social functions.. behind the scenes... Every single one of them had said, "my oncologist says that's poison (or toxic)."

And every single one of them is deceased now from cancer....

I hate the medical field, which is why I got out of it.

I would even tell family... You've been handed a death sentence, try everything and anything... But they just say..."my oncologist advises against that, and I'm going to listen to my oncologist."

All I can say at that point is..."good luck with that."

Within a year, I'm at their funeral.

It's sickening!!
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I agree with you to try anything and everything you can that sounds reasonable if you have cancer. I’ve been reading Aajonus Vonderplanitz’s book and he is about raw meat to help with issues like cancer which is funny because the Gerson therapy recommends carrot and lettuce juice and used to recommend raw liver for cancer treatment.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I agree with you to try anything and everything you can that sounds reasonable if you have cancer. I’ve been reading Aajonus Vonderplanitz’s book and he is about raw meat to help with issues like cancer which is funny because the Gerson therapy recommends carrot and lettuce juice and used to recommend raw liver for cancer treatment.

@TheDevastator
    I've heard more than one doctor say that they believe almost all cancers are diet related. I've heard a couple say around 70%, heard a couple say around 85%.

I would estimate even higher than that. I'm pro-berries, asparagus, and fruit seeds/pits (apple and apricot especially) when it comes to cancer prevention. I don't like to eat apples, just the seeds, lol.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the post! But just sharing why besides fiber I looked into having some flax everyday :)

I also LOVE dried seaweed chips. Enough iodine for a full day with one pack. Love to supliment with real food when I can. I crave those little packs!
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did read that article about flax and always appreciate reading health articles in case I missed something or doing something not so great for my health. The references are a little older than the ones I found from 2018/2019, I think they are finding the opposite is true for breast health and cancer. But everything is always ‘preliminary and observational’ so you never know. Nutrition studies just aren’t always that great or abundant.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Jessimom2 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the post! But just sharing why besides fiber I looked into having some flax everyday :)

I also LOVE dried seaweed chips. Enough iodine for a full day with one pack. Love to supliment with real food when I can. I crave those little packs!

Definitely enough iodine in those. I don't do my kelp drops for a few days if I eat seaweed or fish.. or regular iodized salt. I do not want to OD on iodine. ;)
  • TheDevastator
    Options

@TheDevastator
    I've heard more than one doctor say that they believe almost all cancers are diet related. I've heard a couple say around 70%, heard a couple say around 85%.

I would estimate even higher than that. I'm pro-berries, asparagus, and fruit seeds/pits (apple and apricot especially) when it comes to cancer prevention. I don't like to eat apples, just the seeds, lol.
    @Emmapatterson1729
    For apricots, how do you crack the stone open and eat the kernel? I've read it can cause cyanide poisoning if you eat too many? how many do you have a day? I love apricots any way. I wouldn't eat many because I prefer almost all animal products but maybe a cheat snack, I'd have one.

Strawberries are considered the most pesticide ridden fruit so I've been wary to buy more. Maybe I should splurge and get organic strawberries when I buy them(which isn't often).

I also love asparagus although I think it's best cooked.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    Keeping with the topic of the OP(which I haven't for most of the posts), when I used to eat flax I would grind it up and mix with yogurt. I'd add cocoa, peanut butter, almond butter, stevia, chia seeds, and/or brewer's yeast(most people don't like the taste) and mix together and let sit in the fridge for an hour or so.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options

@TheDevastator

@Emmapatterson1729
    For apricots, how do you crack the stone open and eat the kernel? I've read it can cause cyanide poisoning if you eat too many? how many do you have a day? I love apricots any way. I wouldn't eat many because I prefer almost all animal products but maybe a cheat snack, I'd have one.

Strawberries are considered the most pesticide ridden fruit so I've been wary to buy more. Maybe I should splurge and get organic strawberries when I buy them(which isn't often).

@TheDevastator

I order apricot pits (already opened seeds) and tablets made from apricot pits from Mexico. I do crack open apple seeds and eat the white substance (organic). If starting b17, I suggest start off slow. 3 seeds for a couple of weeks, build up to 5-7. I prefer the tablets because they're cheaper. One tablet a day vs 5-7 apricot or apple seeds.

The liver converts to cyanide if cancer is present.

The berries I use in my anti-cancer smoothies I make are blueberries, black berries, and raspberries. Elderberries and blueberries are supposed to be the best.

All of these have b17 in them which is what gets converted to cyanide.

Asparagus: even a tbsp of asparagus every fews days is supposed to help prevent cancer.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I order apricot pits (already opened seeds) and tablets made from apricot pits from Mexico. I do crack open apple seeds and eat the white substance (organic). If starting b17, I suggest start off slow. 3 seeds for a couple of weeks, build up to 5-7. I prefer the tablets because they're cheaper. One tablet a day vs 5-7 apricot or apple seeds.

The berries I use in my anti-cancer smoothies I make are blueberries, black berries, and raspberries. Elderberries and blueberries are supposed to be the best.

Asparagus: even a tbsp of asparagus every fews days is supposed to help prevent cancer.
    I guess I'll try it if I'm ever diagnosed with cancer.

Blueberries and blackberries are very tasty. I like berries with heavy cream. Raspberries are pretty good too. I've never had Elderberries.

I believe it that all this stuff is anti-cancer. I try to eat mostly meat though. Maybe I'll die of colon cancer from all the bacon, pepperoni, kielbasa, and summer sausage. Who knows? but it is fun while it lasts.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options

I guess I'll try it if I'm ever diagnosed with cancer.

Blueberries and blackberries are very tasty. I like berries with heavy cream. Raspberries are pretty good too. I've never had Elderberries.

I believe it that all this stuff is anti-cancer. I try to eat mostly meat though. Maybe I'll die of colon cancer from all the bacon, pepperoni, kielbasa, and summer sausage. Who knows? but it is fun while it lasts.

LOL!!! I just take my tablets and if someone is eating an apple around me, I ask for the seeds!

I can't afford my berry smoothy, so I only make one every 3-6 months.

Okay, I love asparagus... When I can afford it!!
  • TheDevastator
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’ve gotten asparagus for $1 a lb. and berries I can get for usually $2 a pint in season. Sometimes the prices are outrageous though.

That being said I’d rather spend money for a grass fed steak. Ribeye was $12.99 a lb usually $16.99 but I had to pass it up because it was still too expensive. I bought top round, bottom round, and sirloin tip instead. I fry in butter for more fat. Give me steak and I’m happy.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Beef and dairy are cheap where I am. Produce is ridiculous! Been buying almost all produce frozen on monthly trip into town.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Re: strawberries - grow your own! They're really easy to grow and you can grow them in containers and do fantastically well grown vertically (look up "strawberry towers" and you'll see what I mean). When grown at home, especially, they really don't need pesticides or fertilizers or anything like that, just some sun and some pollinators.

For asparagus, hands-down the best way to get them is growing them, in my opinion. Seriously, you'll probably change your mind on the raw vs cooked thing when you have a chance to pick spears out of your own garden (the little ones that aren't quite the diameter of a pencil are particularly awesome raw). They're perennials and once they start growing spears, you'll have spears pretty much all summer. :smile: