Fibre and Flax-seeds

Options
13»

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Strawberries are considered the most pesticide ridden fruit so I've been wary to buy more. Maybe I should splurge and get organic strawberries when I buy them(which isn't often).

I also love asparagus although I think it's best cooked.

Re: strawberries - grow your own! They're really easy to grow and you can grow them in containers and do fantastically well grown vertically (look up "strawberry towers" and you'll see what I mean). When grown at home, especially, they really don't need pesticides or fertilizers or anything like that, just some sun and some pollinators.

For asparagus, hands-down the best way to get them is growing them, in my opinion. Seriously, you'll probably change your mind on the raw vs cooked thing when you have a chance to pick spears out of your own garden (the little ones that aren't quite the diameter of a pencil are particularly awesome raw). They're perennials and once they start growing spears, you'll have spears pretty much all summer. :smile:

I live in an apartment without even a balcony. My parents have a garden but deer seem to eat most of the stuff so they don't plant much. I would love some garden fresh produce otherwise.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I just don't like the texture nor the flavor of flaxseeds, I tried using them in my early keto days, but stopped. I get omega 3 from fish oil, since it contains the needed EPA and DHA, while flax doesn't. I am trying to keep omega 6 as low as possible too.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Because I’m fasting...drooling over oven roasted asparagus right now. Light coating of olive oil, a little salt and pepper. Stick in over for 30 mins and yum ;)