TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I have to quit this challenge, I have some family stuff that has come up and I don't have the time to focus on checking in here. For those that I am friends with, I will still be logging and exercising, and participating in the FitBit challenges as long as you keep inviting me! I loved this group, you guys got me within a few pounds of my goal weight after my second baby. I wish you all the best with your healthy journeys. Thanks for letting me hang out here for the last few months!

@susanpiper57, we will miss you, Megan, and I hope your family stuff gets settled very soon, but I understand how time can be a limiting factor. Best of luck on your weight loss goals and your half marathon coming up shortly!! Feel free to pop by anytime and let us know how you are doing!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    PW: 216.8
    CW: 214.8

Much better week! Thanks for all the encouragement this week! Helped keep me going and on track.

@heaz10....a fantastic week, Heather!! Two whole pounds....when was the last time that happened?! You deserve to be pumped!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ar_cervantes
    Week 4
    Previous weight 211.2
    Current weight 210.0

@Ar_cervantes, another great week and another loss, Amanda!! Next week....the single digits, and the last stopover before Onederland!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    Where does the time go, I've not updated for days.

Mini challenge

Thurs: yes/yes/yes
    Fri: yes/yes/yes
    Sat: yes/yes/no - way over calories and I don't regret it!
    Sun: yes/yes/yes

Lots of running, long walks in the evening (it's perfect weather this time of year with long sunny evenings) and a few resistance classes thrown in. I'm finding the exercise element easier than the diet element at the moment.

Mon weigh-in

Last week: 153.4
    This week: 151.8
    Loss this week: 1.6ibs

I've bought one of those fancy pants scales that measure body fat, visceral fat, water bone and muscle. Bit of a bargain on amazon and it links to fitbit. It arrives on Thursday. I LOVE stats and data, I'm really motivated by it 🙈 so I'm hoping this gives me some pointers in composition, ensuring I'm both losing fat AND gaining muscle. I'll report back how it is going in case anyone else is debating investing. I'm hoping it will be good for those weeks where I don't lose but have worked out hard - I always put it down to muscle gain and water for recovery. Hopefully I will find out if this is actually the case!

Have a good week all cxx

@Caronell, another fantastic week, Carrie....very inspiring!!
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey group, I haven't been in here in a bit. I kinda gave up this up a little but not intentionally. I have been so busy I haven't been keeping track of anything really or drinking any water. Hoping I can get into a new rhythm with this new schedule soon. Tomorrow is my weigh in and for the first time in a while I'm kinda scared of what it's going to read.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The September team thread is up and running. Pop over at your earliest convenience to introduce yourselves to the new team mates!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge

Sun: no x3 - it was the last day of vacation and i treated it as such
    Mon: tracked and under: yes, but not active. I was so exhausted going back to work so I rested after work. Very glad I ate well and jumped back to intermittent fasting though. First steps to getting into good habits.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey group, I haven't been in here in a bit. I kinda gave up this up a little but not intentionally. I have been so busy I haven't been keeping track of anything really or drinking any water. Hoping I can get into a new rhythm with this new schedule soon. Tomorrow is my weigh in and for the first time in a while I'm kinda scared of what it's going to read.

@mirendybryant, it is what it is, or will be!! Just move on from there. A new month is on the horizon to give you a positive boost!!
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Howdy guys.
    Back at 154.4. It must be my number or something.

Hoping that the semester starting puts me back into that consistent routine that I need. This summer was super all over the place. Summer is my dangerous time. I can handle the holidays, but summer is out to get me!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Tracked, nice long walk with my sister AND then I swam. At for calories. Looking forward to weigh in this week
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge

Sun: no/no/no
    Mon: tracked and under: yes, active: no
    Tue: yes/yes/yes
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    8/26:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 20 minute walk

8/27:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 4 mile walk
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 8/27
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Howdy guys.
    Back at 154.4. It must be my number or something.

Hoping that the semester starting puts me back into that consistent routine that I need. This summer was super all over the place. Summer is my dangerous time. I can handle the holidays, but summer is out to get me!

@eatingfoodles, it may be your number, yes, but only your fall starting number. Now that summer is (almost), thankfully, over, its time here is nearly over as well!! Bye, bye 154.4!! See you....um, never!!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 8/27/19

Tracked - yes
    Under - no, barely (84) had birthday cake at work so hard to resist those temptations
    Exercise - yes

Sunday: No
    Monday: Yes
    Tuesday: No
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@HASWLRS.
    @pkg1998.
    @Ar_cervantes.
    @Caronell.
    @heaz10.
    @Lozenger1984.
    @cmhubbard92.
    @drea2011.
    @eatingfoodles.
    @DreamAchiever33.
    @mirendybryant.
    @annabananamc.
    @cossmoss15.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @Sandkp.
    @stubbornloser.
    @abowersgirl.
    @Bradleys8299.
    @Coral333.
    @erikNJ.
    @ForLangston.
    @jlbtnc.
    @murdog3t.
    @Susanpiper57.
    @swauters.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @ethelsmommy.
    @LMK02020.

This is the last week of the August Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the September Challenge.

The September challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761477/team-the-big-butt-theory-september#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Hello, I will not be participating in September. Wishing you all the best.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Pre-tracked, at, and danced
This discussion has been closed.