Coffee creamer

Options
rmac18
rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
I have found that a tbsp of MCT oil in my coffee every morning effectively curbs my appetite until lunch. This makes 16:8 IF super easy and fits my schedule. I love Coffeemate Sugar-free hazelnut creamer. I like to use a frother on the creamer and then add coffee, the texture and flavor is great. Since I started Keto I’ve been looking at alternatives but haven’t found anything I like. Heavy cream and whipping cream don’t have the flavor, tried NutPods but they also have no flavor and they don’t froth to the right texture. I did try a vanilla powder that tasted good called KetoBomb but it’s kind of expensive and while you can add a little coffee and froth then add more coffee it’s just not the same. Anybody else have any good low carb flavored coffee creamers they like?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the starbucks sugar-free cinnamon dolce...but it's expensive so I usually only buy it for special occasions like holidays.

I usually drink my coffee black or with a touch of half and half, so when it comes to flavors I'm maybe not the best person to give feedback, but that one I really like and usually I only need one pump per cup to get a nice flavor.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I use the Unsweetened Vanilla version of Ripple, a pea based/vegan product. I'll use about 1/4 cup of Ripple per cup of coffee for 1/2 gram of carbs. It has a good nutrient profile for protein, vitamin D and calcium compared to cow's milk. 20 calories in a quarter cup.

I've not tried frothing it. Oh wait. I just tried frothing it with my Swiss Whisk. It froths, at least a bit. I'm not real patient doing it by hand.

ETA: LOL. Curiosity got the best of me. I just tried my immersion blender and it doubled the Ripple in about 30 seconds. Beyond that (in time) it seems to make no difference but then...I'm not super patient and these aren't real frothers.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like the CoffeeMate sugar free Italian Sweet Cream. I've been using heavy cream, but like you said..it has no flavor so will go back to the Italian Sweet Cream 😊
  • rmac18
    Options
    I may try making my own... good idea
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    I like flavored coffee too! Recently we picked up a pound of pumpkin spice coffee. When making a pot of coffee, we put two scoops of pumpkin and two scoops of regular coffee. It comes out nice and flavorful but not too pumpkiny. I put a few teaspoons of half and half and a tiny amount of monk fruit sweetener. Delish!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    I like flavored coffee too! Recently we picked up a pound of pumpkin spice coffee. When making a pot of coffee, we put two scoops of pumpkin and two scoops of regular coffee. It comes out nice and flavorful but not too pumpkiny. I put a few teaspoons of half and half and a tiny amount of monk fruit sweetener. Delish!

That sounds delicious for fall!!!
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I use the Unsweetened Vanilla version of Ripple, a pea based/vegan product.

I need to see if I can find this in the one of the local stores and give it a try. Generally I just drink my coffee black with a light dash of Splenda from time to time but sometimes I like to mix things up.

My version of fancy coffee is really pretty basic. I brew 8 - 10 ounces of Cafe Bustelo, measure out exactly 1/2 ounce of butter, and run it through my blender and then pour it in my cup. If I want it a bit sweet I add a Splenda and occasionally I add a dash of Lite Salt. Butter in coffee might sound horrible but it's pretty tasty.

sdy6yz509clp.jpg

• scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I’m Australian and whilst we are all here to be supportive. I am appalled by the coffee habits of above.

Good luck in your endeavours.
  • rmac18
    Options
    Butter in coffee does sound awful to me but I’m going to give it a try.
  • kpk54
    Options
    I use the Unsweetened Vanilla version of Ripple, a pea based/vegan product.

I need to see if I can find this in the one of the local stores and give it a try.

Target, Whole Foods, Earth Fare and Publix have it in my area.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    Options
    rmac18 wrote: »

It's really not much of a different taste from heavy cream in coffee. Just a LOT cheaper. It's got to be blended though, you can't just toss a pat in and stir.
    Target, Whole Foods, Earth Fare and Publix have it in my area.

I haven't seen it in my Publix yet, but I'll keep an eye out. I don't get to Target much but next time I'm there I'll look. Closest Whole Foods is at least a half hour away but perhaps I'll venture if I don't find it closer.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I've tried the butter in coffee thing years ago when it was on YouTube as the new thing...I didn't care for it. The taste wasn't bad but wasn't great either, but it changed the consistency of my coffee.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee to be coffee flavored. I do put HWC in the first cup of the day.
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m Australian and whilst we are all here to be supportive. I am appalled by the coffee habits of above...
    Maybe I'm just old, but I too just like my coffee to taste like coffee. I take mine black with just a sprinkle of sweetener. If I could find grass fed cream (that didn't cost and arm and a leg) I'd use a splash of that too.

Sophie
  • rmac18
    Options

It's really not much of a different taste from heavy cream in coffee. Just a LOT cheaper. It's got to be blended though, you can't just toss a pat in and stir.

To my surprise, Butter in coffee isn’t bad, with the frother you can get it properly blended.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    Options
    NCSophie wrote: »
    I’m Australian and whilst we are all here to be supportive. I am appalled by the coffee habits of above...
    Maybe I'm just old, but I too just like my coffee to taste like coffee. I take mine black with just a sprinkle of sweetener. If I could find grass fed cream (that didn't cost and arm and a leg) I'd use a splash of that too.

Sophie

I generally prefer my coffee black like my soul, however I also have spent a the majority of my life around a lot of other cultures so I do enjoy things like Turkish style coffee and Café con leche type beverages.

I've also been known to make large batches of cold brew from scratch from time to time.
    To my surprise, Butter in coffee isn’t bad, with the frother you can get it properly blended.

Yeah a frother works fine. The frother I have attaches to my handheld mixer and while it works okay enough I usually opt to use the blender instead as it spins faster and I like the consistency better as I get a bit of foam on top.

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

If you thought butter sounded awful and was surprised, you should try egg yolks. :lol:
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

If you thought butter sounded awful and was surprised, you should try egg yolks. :lol:

That sounds disgusting!!! LOL
  • kpk54
    Options
    LOL regarding eggs and coffee. Everything old becomes new again, I guess. My husband and his brother often talk about the egg coffee their German Grandma drank. :#