Coffee creamer

Options
2»

Replies

• rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

If you thought butter sounded awful and was surprised, you should try egg yolks. :lol:

Do you mix them in the coffee or take them straight with a coffee chaser??? 😂
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Back when I used to make a version of coffee similar to bulletproof coffee, I would sometimes add a whole raw egg with 1 tbsp mct oil, 2 tbsp of cold salted butter to a glass jar that I had prewarmed with hot water. I would add hot black coffee a little at a time and mix together with an immersion blender. This would make a large 20 ounce cup of coffee. It resembles a frothy coffee with cream, and has enough fat with a bit of protein to help me feel satisfied enough to delay eating.

I was always a coffee with cream drinker. But when going keto, I thought that I’d try the butter and mct oil as a way to reduce carbs. I did like the bulletproof coffee for the energy I felt it gave me.

Adding the egg to it changed the flavour of the drink and made it taste a bit too weak for my liking. I really surprised myself by losing the taste for a creamy coffee altogether. I now drink my coffee black!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    rmac18 wrote: »
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

If you thought butter sounded awful and was surprised, you should try egg yolks. :lol:

Do you mix them in the coffee or take them straight with a coffee chaser??? 😂

I mix them, actually. I don't like the texture of raw egg yolk directly. It's like egg nog coffee! :yum:
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    rmac18 wrote: »
    I have found that a tbsp of MCT oil in my coffee every morning effectively curbs my appetite until lunch. This makes 16:8 IF super easy and fits my schedule. I love Coffeemate Sugar-free hazelnut creamer. I like to use a frother on the creamer and then add coffee, the texture and flavor is great. Since I started Keto I’ve been looking at alternatives but haven’t found anything I like. Heavy cream and whipping cream don’t have the flavor, tried NutPods but they also have no flavor and they don’t froth to the right texture. I did try a vanilla powder that tasted good called KetoBomb but it’s kind of expensive and while you can add a little coffee and froth then add more coffee it’s just not the same. Anybody else have any good low carb flavored coffee creamers they like?

I don't add much to my coffee but I do use Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half (coconut cream and almondmilk) or Unsweetened Nutpods. You really need to shake them to get a good froth so to speak. I will do half and half when the wife is away but aside from those options I will just drink my coffee black. Califia Farms does have a different flavor in comparison to Nutpods. Out of the unsweetened non-dairy options out there they are both my favorite.

I've never been able to stomach sweeteners in tea of coffee there is something that just changes the flavor for me that I don't like. I did try adding in butter at one time but it didn't really change things for me it was just a different flavor that was not entirely bad.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I used to use flavored creamers too before keto. Now I use 1T heavy cream and 1T sugar free syrups of various flavors. Haven't found any with a really keto friendly sweetener tho.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I normally make coffee with unsweetened almond milk and stevia.Sometimes, I add 2 tsp of cream . I like macadamia milk too and I want to try cashew and pistachio milk too.☕
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I used to use flavored creamers too before keto. Now I use 1T heavy cream and 1T sugar free syrups of various flavors. Haven't found any with a really keto friendly sweetener tho.

Have you tried the coconut milk creamers by So Delicious? The creamer only has 4 grams of carbs per 1 Tbls serving. That might do the trick for you https://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/dairy-free-foods/dairy-free-creamers/organic-coconutmilk-creamers/.
  • bmotaghi
    bmotaghi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally use coconut cream (18% fat), and if I feel like it should be sweet I add a tiny amount of monk fruit.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

@gwendyprism

I found a caramel stevia liquid drops. It was in the sugar aisle.