TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It’s September and we’re going to make this a great month! It’s time for a fresh start. Summer may be coming to an end, which means the air is crisp and fall is a great time to get back on track and keep this lifestyle and healthy mindfulness going strong! Let’s do this RunTrackMinds!

As my teammates know from previous months, I’m very excited to be part of this team and the captain. And as August teammates found that as August started to wind down I wasn’t as devoted to my health or posting of my day or to each of you. So… what do you think of a buddy system!??? If you want a little more accountability and a devoted buddy to check on you if you’re not posting; then post below. This will help me out, too. I know you all will be checking in on each other a little more as I’m going to be in/out again in September. I’m hoping more IN though!!

8rvcwhv5kk7b.png

I'll be back later tonight to catch up with each of you; then also pair off anyone who wants a buddy. :) Enjoy your weekend, being mindful.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under my calorie goal!
    Exercise: No (It was too cold to swim, maybe Monday)
    Healthier habits: I chose not to eat at the baseball game last night so I wouldnt have to worry about temptations. I even let my kid pick a "gross" flavor of snow cone so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it LOL!
    Goals or Day: Today, I want to continue tracking what I eat and maybe get in a bike ride.
  • Leebett
    Options
    I also hope to add everyone as a friend today!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Kate, Kilobykilo, and new to this challenge! I'm a 34 year old brit living in Portugal and have always been fat. Slowly but surely over the past couple of years I've been losing weight and am at my last 20-30 lb now, finally believing a fit and healthy me is a real possibility!

That said, I've just taken a month off exercise and logging etc as I get August off work sonlainky spent it travelling and enjoying. So...... I'm back and hopefully back with a bang!!!! Thia weekend I've been crawling back, but from tomorrow I'll be logging, exercising and back in the game.

Target one, lose the 10lb I've gained in aug..... hoping a chunk of that is water, but lets see!!!!

Keen to have a buddy and keen to try and log in daily!!!

Have a lovely sunday everyone!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: September week 1 Sunday September 1
    PW: 215
    CW: 215

One thing I did well: I purposely indulged and did not beat myself up or feel guilty. In the past, I would feel so bad about indulging that I would just give up altogether instead of moving onward.
    One thing to improve: I. Need. To. Drink. More. Water. Y’all are probably sick of me always posting this! LOL
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: September week 1 Sunday September 1
    PW: 215
    CW: 215

One thing I did well: I purposely indulged and did not beat myself up or feel guilty. In the past, I would feel so bad about indulging that I would just give up altogether instead of moving onward.
    One thing to improve: I. Need. To. Drink. More. Water. Y’all are probably sick of me always posting this! LOL

CONGRATS! A stay the same isn't bad. I hope you agree. :)
    LOL Water .... No we are not. We know it's not an easy task when you're busy at work. I'd love to see you post an average or an idea of how many you drink and post that either daily or weekly. Then maybe it will be more of a reminder / commitment. !??!? I already shared all my other ideas.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Over
    Exercise: 30 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: I did go over my daily allowance calories by 100 but the 30 mins on the elliptical did put me back under. Having a good and relaxing Sunday 😎
  • DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: DogMom919

Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day : Good day...completed weekly planning.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: no

Taking johicks’ advice and posting my water. I had the equivalent of about 3 cups. Tomorrow I will strive for 4. We had a party last night and today I over-indulged on leftovers. Tomorrow I will get back on track!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Calories: a bit over
    Exercise: I did some pilates
    Day: I woke up to go for a run, but it was raining. I decided to do pilates. The stretching felt good for my back. Took my girls to church, did a little school supply shopping, then just lounged at home. Tomorrow I have off. I am planning to head to the gym in the morning.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi @johicks I just wanted to make sure I asked to please change my weigh in day to Saturday this month. I will be weighing in that day, with my trainer, so it would be best to keep it the same. Thanks for all you do.
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, September Week 1
    PW: 265.6
    CW: 266.6

No an ideal week. I've felt very out of control with my eating. There are a bunch of changes happening at work, which has meant retirement parties and going away lunches and cookies and cake and chips everywhere. Combine that with already being on a bit of a skid, and it's not a great combo. The new FY starts today, thought, and I'm hoping the barrage of junk at work stops. Meanwhile, I'm focussing on being much more purposeful about how I eat. I don't even care that much about the calories, I just don't like this feeling of being out of control.
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes/no 20 min Bike
    Healthier habits: Took a major step toward better sleep (replaced my 28 year old mattress)
    Goals or Day: Start TRX workout & stretch/mobility program
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would like an accountability buddy. Preferably someone doing the daily post.

Thanks
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Track: No (forgot how disciplined I need to be on this front after a month off!)
    Calories: probably Over
    Exercise: No, lots of walking but nothing more.
    Steps: 12649
    Goal/Day: second day getting back to this was probably worse than my first as I went to the supermarket to buy the eggs in forgot on Saturday and came out with them plus a pack of biscuits and crisps.... ate both throughout the afternoon. Feeling ready for this today though!

Back to work I go......!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Username: goodreadsgal
    Week: Monday September Week 1. (09/02)
    PW: 236.8
    CW: 233.4

One thing I did well: Started!

• goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Daily Post(Sunday)
    Calories Over: a little
    Exercise: 1 hour walking

I would like an accountability buddy
  • Leebett
    Options
    Username: leebett
    Week: Monday September Week 1. (09/02)
    PW: 284.4
    CW: 283.2 (lost 1.2lbs Not super happy with that, but it's a loss!)

One thing I did well: Started and logged everyday!
This discussion has been closed.