MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME TO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the SEPTEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the SEPTEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @teresaw1020
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - @beka3695

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for SEPTEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good evening crew!!!

I am Beka, one of your moderators.

I wanted to make an announcement that there is an open Captains position on your team. If you have been interested in team leadership, now is the time to step up.

I promise, the duties doesn’t take hours per day - just minutes. Please consider taking this opportunity to grow and develops this team.

If you are interested, please DM on of the other Mods or me.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Good evening crew!!!

I am Beka, one of your moderators.

I wanted to make an announcement that there is an open Captains position on your team. If you have been interested in team leadership, now is the time to step up.

I promise, the duties doesn’t take hours per day - just minutes. Please consider taking this opportunity to grow and develops this team.

If you are interested, please DM on of the other Mods or me.

@AustinRuadhain, this position has your name all over it!! You are the most encouraging, supportive and motivating member of our group. You would be an awesome captain for us!! Just saying! ;)<3

zhsk23sobq6y.jpg

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

I am Mark (@broncobuddee), a Slimpossible captain. Captain Jen (@Kres567) is looking to take a break from "captaining" after three(!!!) years of service to the team - but we are excited that she is remaining with the team as a member. Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW1020. But we are really just the behind-the-scenes support to an great team with substantial participation by the team members.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

On your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - Something posted within our team - and we're always looking for suggestions!! I'm not the creative type so this has always fallen on Jen :(
    Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.
    Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT
    r50qpmwe1xwi.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 11.9 POUNDS OR 0.05%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    INDIVIDUAL % Tualla 3.61%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 21.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Tualla 8.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.08%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.01%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 21.4
    2nd Workout Warriors 3.2
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Tualla 3.61%
    2nd @apple852hk 1.76%
    3rd @Wilsonkellies 1.71%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Tualla 8.2
    2nd @Pamela_Sue 6.0
    3rd @amytriesww 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @amytriesww
    @Barbb1557
    @schlerin
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @guitargirl55
    @mrmcgrath
    @Beka3695
    @CaydensMommy
    @Lindamtuck2018
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE MONTH OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

bnwy2qbp1fvs.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 87.8 POUNDS OR 0.38%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    INDIVIDUAL % @amytriesww 5.49%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 68.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.3

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    2nd Weight No More 0.58%
    3rd WaistAways 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 68.3
    2nd Weight No More 24.3
    3rd WaistAways 8.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @amytriesww 5.49%
    2nd @Barbb1557 5.46%
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 5.25%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.3
    2nd @Barbb1557 13.6
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 13.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @buniphuphu
    @Arc130
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Beka3695
    @Timibotkin
    @brysonlights
    @Patti705
    @mrmcgrath
    @Cory 17
    @LonniJay
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Warriors
    Daily POST challenge
    💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
    COURTESY OF OUR TEAM MOTIVATOR
    @Fitness327wk
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Jami and I’m new to the team. I live in San Diego so there’s lots of opportunities for activities but I work about 50-60 hours a week so that doesn’t leave much time for me to enjoy it. I’m looking for indoor workouts I can do in my living room and I think this weeks Moderators workout should really help. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jami! Welcome to the Slimpossibles!! I read your post and went immediately to the Moderator’s Challenge—- and I’m so glad that I did! I printed the Challenge page and plan to do this every day!

“New Beginnings”, the theme of this challenge, is speaking to me right now. I’ve struggled this week getting back into my routine after several weeks away. I pressed the reset button this morning and am ready to tackle things head on again. And what better DAY to start than the first of the month..... and what better WAY to start than with a new, healthy challenge!

I hope you’ll find this group as helpful as I have. I’m on my final 15 of a 45 pound weight loss—— every time I doubt myself ( which happens too often), I find inspiration and support here. Take care and enjoy the challenge!!
  • SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the team too. :) The Moderators workout looks really good but I must admit I won't be doing it yet, I have my own workout regime I'm already following (I have an app on my phone that handles my home workouts, and I'm following a running programme too). Let us know how you get on with it though @Jamidi ! I'm going to save the Moderators workout for when I reach the end of my current workout programme I think.

Introduction to me: I'm in Wales, also with tons of opportunities (outside when the weather is reasonable, and I'm fortunate enough to have my own treadmill for when it's not), but I'm due to start teaching again this month so I'll have to be a lot more organised with my time! I've not been on MFP very long but I've had a loooong history with trying to sort out my weight. About 9 years ago I lost about 45lb with my BodyBugg (so amazing, I miss it), but I then put more than 25lb of that back on over the next 9 years. I decided that 2019 was going to be the year that I sorted everything out, so I've lost approximately a stone since Christmas and radically improved my fitness, completing C25K in June and now running 4 times a week, having gone from "I'm just not meant to be a runner, that's for other people" to actually missing the running when I'm on a rest day in my programme. It's really bizarre. I can see a massive difference in my fitness when I'm out walking in the hills - hills I would have had to stop several times going up last year, I do in one shot now and still have energy left. And that's the biggest plus at this point, working on my fitness has really taken over from worrying about how slim I might be, or how many pounds I've lost; the pounds will take care of themselves if I eat the right things (necessary for my fitness) and carry on with the workout programme. It's very liberating.

New Beginnings is perfect for me too, @KMD1214; while my exercise routine has been great, the last couple of weeks have been challenging, food wise (read: chocolate/crisps/biscuit binges, and this is the ONLY place I've admitted that), so now is time to really buckle down and behave myself, and think about what the food I'm eating is contributing (or not!) to my well being. I'll have to think about what photos I can use for that photo challenge too.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hello @hinemoa2088, @Jamidi AND @angielove88 - Welcome to Slimpossibles! If you haven't done so, look for the STAR to the right of the thread title (MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019) and select it so add this thread to your MFP bookmarks. The Slimpossibles chat will be here all of September (we set up a new thread each month).

@Jamidi - So great to meet you! You mentioned living room workouts. My current favorite is platform stepping. I have a step platform, and do step up-step down while watching something or listening to music. I also have used simple videos, like the Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube.

@KMD1214 - "...I’m on my final 15 of a 45 pound weight loss..." Wow! Thanks for this reminder. Your progress in so inspiring!

@TeresaW1020 - I have been tracking my own steps daily (say my goal for the next day, and then note in a daily check-in whether I made it), but I find the idea of tracking everybody's steps a bit intimidating. Any great detail people out there interested?
    Did you hit the treadmill on Saturday, as you were hoping to do? Or get out for a walk to get those steps in?

@raleighgirl09 - I know you are disappointed with the Friday weigh-in, but it does sound like you are thinking about what to do about it, which is great. All that "hamster wheel" thinking sounds
    You can do damage control over your family holiday and buckle down next week, and make changes after doing all that assessment and reflection work (hamster wheeling!) you mentioned.

@digger61 - Great day! And great job holding steady while managing your new work routine!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8/31/19 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 206.5
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise:

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Increase protein

Friday weigh in. 206.5

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hey Captains - my last weigh in for August was 211.2. I get confused on which week is which so I have gotten lazy about trying to identify the week... =< So that I have a better handle on it, when I weigh in on Fridays, starting for Sep 6 is week 1, Sep 13 is week 2, Sep 20 is week 3 and week 27 is week 4. I'll add that - let me know if it isn't right! This month is a little easier, the first day being a Sunday... =>
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I have been tracking my own steps daily (say my goal for the next day, and then note in a daily check-in whether I made it), but I find the idea of tracking everybody's steps a bit intimidating. Any great detail people out there interested?
    Did you hit the treadmill on Saturday, as you were hoping to do? Or get out for a walk to get those steps in?

Yes, I did have a spreadsheet where I was keeping track of my steps but then this whole house moving thing has really gotten in the way. Once I'm settled I will start tracking again and maybe in October, I will be able to keep track of everyone who wants to join in on a challenge. I do love me a good spreadsheet! ;)

@Jamidi, there are lots of YouTube videos for doing exercises at home. Type in Living Room workouts and you will find a ton! Welcome to our group!! :)

@angielove88, welcome! You have a great attitude towards fitness and letting your weight take care of itself. I totally agree!! If you focus on a good fitness routine and eating right then the weight has no choice but to follow along. I look forward to getting to know you! :)

Hello everyone! My name is Teresa and I've been a regular poster on Mission Slimpossible for just over a year! I became one of the group motivators last month and I'm thrilled to be able to encourage and support you all in any way I can. I was a Weight Watcher member for over two years but last month I ended that membership because their plan just wasn't working for me. I have been doing intermittent fasting since February and I've been doing low carb/Keto for almost two months. I'm a very slow loser and I try hard not to compare myself to others or get too discouraged when the scale doesn't move as I want it to. I've slowly lost 60 lbs and I have about another 40 to go. I'm OK with the slow losses because I KNOW that I will get there and being a part of this group is a huge help in keeping me mindful and accountable. :)

Sunday Check in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: We went for a little walk with the dog and I did some more packing around the house.

My September goal, which I told in the post below is to be in Onderland by the end of the month. That means I need to lose 5 lbs!! I'm determined to see 199.9 on my scale this month!!! B)

Let me see your September goals!!

Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Warriors
    Daily POST challenge
    💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
    COURTESY OF OUR TEAM MOTIVATOR
    @Fitness327wk
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10762431/week-1-group-challenge-by-the-workout-warriors#latest

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Hey Captains - my last weigh in for August was 211.2. I get confused on which week is which so I have gotten lazy about trying to identify the week... =< So that I have a better handle on it, when I weigh in on Fridays, starting for Sep 6 is week 1, Sep 13 is week 2, Sep 20 is week 3 and week 27 is week 4. I'll add that - let me know if it isn't right! This month is a little easier, the first day being a Sunday... =>
    You've got it! Your starting weight for this month is the same as your last weigh-in for August. Then you have all the weeks right. Even if you give it the wrong number, I'm sure it is easy enough to figure out which week you mean! Unless you skip one or something... You can always have a look at the spreadsheet itself to see how it is laid out. Each week and its dates are there, so it is easy and kind of fun (ok, I'm a bit geeky). There is a link on the F2F home page :)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in:
    Exercise: hiking
  • SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in :

Exercise: walking, about eight very pretty miles
    Goal for Monday: I have my normal Monday morning run planned. My goal isn't really related to health and fitness:
    No procrastinating, just getting on with my day without wasting time.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m Timi from team weight no more. I made an apple Watch challenge for the F2F group if anyone wants to join.

You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge ''!

First, download Challenges:
    http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'e3dp' or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=e3dp
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Happy Labour Day from Canada!

We’ve been at our friends cabin all weekend. On our way home today. Ready for start of school tomorrow and getting back to a routine!

My name is Jen and I’m from Calgary Alberta Canada. I am 44, married with 2 kids - 12 and 6. My husband works out of town half of the time. I work full time out of the house so life can get a little unbalanced for me. I’m trying to focus on me more. My husband is going back to school for two months so I’m excited about having home home to help. We are also trying to support each other with fitness and fat loss goals.

I’ve been with the this team for a long time
    now. I’ve learned so much from everyone and am always excited for a new month and meeting new people! Summer has been great but has resulted in a weight gain for me. I have about 35lbs to lose but my first goal is to get to onederland.

Happy September everyone and best of luck this month!
This discussion has been closed.