MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Me again...

Our team is host of the week two group challenge. This is me begging and pleading for ideas. :D
    I was just coming over here to remind you about this! You are so good, you beat me to it.

To make things easy, you could extend @AustinRuadhain 's mindfulness challenge to the whole F2F family. Or something simple like 30 minutes sweat per day (could include hilarious photos of the sweaty t-shirts afterwards - not necessarily on the body!). I'm sure your fabulous members have even more ideas, amiright?

Sorry @AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW1020 ... I liked your team challenge so I stole it for the group challenge (with credit).
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check In
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (91 min)
    Steps: over
    Martial Arts: Yes! Yay!

Sunday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: platform stepping
    Steps: at least 7500
    Martial Arts: at least 2 minutes
    Other: Must work on decluttering my home office today. It's unworkably messy!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Goals for Saturday:

Taking my daughter and friend to a small local amusement park today. I’ll be packing snacks for the day so I don’t eat snacks there.✅ So pleases with myself for staying away from the amusement park junk food!

Tonight we are going out with some friends. I am going to have a couple of drinks but need to also drink tonnes of water.

Goals for Sunday:
    1. Drink 100oz plus of water. We were out until 2am which never happens. I am so tired and know that I’m retaining water.
    2. Stick to the plan - high protein meals and snacks. Lots of veggies
    3. If I can muster the energy plan meals for the week
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,716 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 262
    Today's Weight: 250.2

I missed the last week of last month because I took an impromptu trip, but this month is going to be better. I'm closing in on 100 pounds lost since restarting MFP (high of 341 pounds). I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling good about it.

Wow, you're down about 12 pounds, amazing! Hope you had a great trip! I just passed 90lbs down from my heaviest, it feels surreal.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Sounds like you made a wise choice for dining out! Happy birthday to your granddaughter!

@Digger61 great job maintaining!

@apple852hk It'd be great if you could moderate your cake. I'd either have to get rid of it or freeze it in pieces as I'd pig out on that baby! Happy birthday!

WOOHOO SLIMPOSSIBLES!!! WE'RE 1st Place! GO Buniphuphu and Raleighgirl!

@mrmcgrath Good luck with the house remodel! WTG with avoiding the skin from the chicken, that's a big deal!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Sounds like you have a great plan for the day, good luck with your office! And I'm sure if you do two minutes of martial arts you'll likely go longer, you're an exercise beast!

@Kres567 Sounds like you have a great day planned! Smart thinking to plan snacks, it's hard to resist those treats at amusement parks.

Sunday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike. I try to do 1-2 hours a day and have been going a little longer
    Water over

I had a small whoosh, I'm not going to believe it until I weigh in tomorrow.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options

Thank you @AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW1020 . Your mindfulness challenge and info couldn't have come at a better time. My father passed away yesterday, I have a couple of rough and busy weeks ahead and I'm hoping mindfulness meditation will help me get through it.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday Check in:
    Calories: under, but ate into my deficit which I'm not happy about (yep, feeling the same way today)
    Exercise: Got 9200 steps cleaning house and hosting a party for 20ish people and one tiny human who was the center of attention =>

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

Had a wonderful day with family and friends and our sweet baby Hazel. Grazed through the day on what was out but was careful to not go crazy. I think it worked and I didn't feel deprived nor indulgent - I kept my goals in mind without being a wacko which means I had some things and avoided some others. Two high sodium days means having a few pounds to work back down, was up almost 1 pound this morning.

I have to be ok with this rhythm of my eating will fluctuate - and my weight will fluctuate. Events will arise and sometimes I'll carve out an on-plan approach and sometimes I won't but if I'm mindful, I'll eat less than if I just say the heck with it and dive in. Then I'll do as my slender sisters do and adjust for a few days and get back to the more routine eating. I must learn how to do this part in the same way I approach weight loss because I think that's how I'll avoid an on-again, off-again approach that is just gaining and being sad about it. Been there and done that a few times and am ready to just lose and then be in the maintenance rhythm and let life be life.

@hinemoa2088 - nice loss for the week!!
    @mrmcgrath - I love that you are counting not giving into temptation as an NSV! Also going to check out your recommended pod cast
    @buniphuphu - congrats and WAY TO GO!!! We're looking forward to your one-derland right along side you =>
    @AustinRuadhain - I like the fruit and veggie challenge - I'm way too light on both of late!

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Thank you @AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW1020 . Your mindfulness challenge and info couldn't have come at a better time. My father passed away yesterday, I have a couple of rough and busy weeks ahead and I'm hoping mindfulness meditation will help me get through it.

@jactop I'm sorry to hear about this, we'll be thinking of you and your family.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Kres567
    Options

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad @jactop. I have been chatting with your sister through MFP and she mentioned that he wasn’t doing well. Take care!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Check in for Sunday:
    1. Drink 100oz plus of water. We were out until 2am which never happens. I am so tired and know that I’m retaining water.✅
    2. Stick to the plan - high protein meals and snacks. Lots of veggies✅
    3. If I can muster the energy plan meals for the week❌. Don’t have the meals planned but have lots of good groceries so that helps. As long as good choices are available I’ll do okay.

Goals for Monday:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. High protein meals with lots of veggies for snacks
    3. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow night go for a walk while my daughter is at gymnastics
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    @Jactop
    I’m very sorry for your loss.
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sunday (weekend) check in
    Saturday not great because we went out to eat. I felt so bad all day Sunday which really shows me that what I put into my body really matters.

Sunday - under on calories

Goal for Monday is not to over indulge when I come home from work. I will be really hungry because there won’t be much opportunity to eat at work tomorrow but I have to not go crazy when I get home.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @Jactop I'm sorry for your loss.

Yay team for being #1 for Week 1!

Saturday and Sunday Check-In
    Under calories both days.
    Steps on Saturday - 15893
    Sunday - 12782
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/9 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 205.2
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: house remodel - putting up walls

Goals or Improvements for today:
    cardio at gym at lunch
    Make weekly meal plan
    Yoga in the evening

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 212
    Todays Weight: 209
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 196.8
    Weigh in Week 1 (9/2): 198.2
    Weigh in Week 2 (9/9): 198.4

I am struggling with mindset. I am up to the mindfulness challenge. I am frustrated at myself for not staying in calories by the end of each day. I need to change something, just don't know what! I appreciate everyone here. It is helpful to hear from you all...
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options

Oh, Jactop. I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be wishing you peace of mind in the midst of these next few weeks.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Sept 2019
    Sunday
    PW 162.7
    CW 163.4

I ate a butter chicken dinner and cakes for my birthday. It was prepared by family so I couldn't decline. I now have a 700gram cake to eat too.

Maybe I'll try have a small slice a day than binge.

Okay, belated, but... (yes, chose an image with a SMALL SLICE -- thinking of you!)

818ko0nanuj2.gif
This discussion has been closed.