Replies

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh in Monday 9 Sept
    Track - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - yes, 60 mins walkin and 60 mins weights
    My truck is in for a inspection so I had Monday and part of today off. So i got in some extra workouts in and somethongs around the house. Have a great day
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,690 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: recumbent bike

For night cravings I usually make sure to eat a lot of vegetables with dinner. If that doesn't work I eat frozen blueberries. I have Invisalign so after dinner I usually brush my teeth and trays and pop them back in. I can usually fight cravings from there. I usually work out before dinner and for some reason I'm not usually hungry afterward.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @digger61 - I am so impressed that you are using time off to work out more! Go, digger, go! 🤩 👍🏽

@mrmcgrath - You had another great day! You are being so consistent! 🎇🎠🎆

@SarahGilfach - How are the knee and foot today? A little better, I hope. Sometimes you have to take it easy in the short term in order to get what you want long term. Sensible and all, but still frustrating sometimes! I hope you are doing okay, however the healing is going! 🎢 ✋🏃🏽

@TeresaW1020 - Oh, my. I am so sorry to hear about your injury. Take it easy! There's no rushing healing, I think, especially the back!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 196.8
    Weigh in Week 1 (9/2): 198.2
    Weigh in Week 2 (9/9): 198.4

I am struggling with mindset. I am up to the mindfulness challenge. I am frustrated at myself for not staying in calories by the end of each day. I need to change something, just don't know what! I appreciate everyone here. It is helpful to hear from you all...

Great Discussion Question! What to Do About Evening Cravings?

Okay, Slimpossibles, this is a great discussion question. What do you do?

Leona, something I have done is declare I don't eat after a certain time (intermittent fasting). And if I was feeling super maddeningly crave-y, offer myself something healthy and filling but boring -- 3 ounces of plain chicken breast (yours might be something different). If I didn't want to eat 3 ounces of plain old chicken breast, I could then laugh and note that I wasn't actually hungry, and then do something else fun/distracting since it was a habit or an emotional thing.

Thank you for the suggestion! I have implemented that pretty well as far as late snacking. I guess my bigger issue is dinner. I do well most of the day, but when dinner rolls around, I blow my allotted, leftover calories. I just blow it. I just don't adhere to what I know I need to do. And I don't know what to do about my attitude. :(

What things are different in the evening?

I wonder if this article might suggest anything?
    Motivation is Overvalued. Environment Often Matters More: "People who seem to stick to good habits with ease are often benefitting from an environment that makes those behaviors easier. Meanwhile, people who struggle to succeed could be fighting an uphill battle against their environment. What often looks like a lack of willpower is actually the result of a poor environment."

For example, maybe pre-planning your food, and even packing it like you would a lunch, for a while, might help?

If you eat with other people, would it help to let them know what you will be eating, and asking therm to support you in not, for example, going back for seconds or eating dishes that aren't on your plan?
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin

I am struggling with mindset. I am up to the mindfulness challenge. I am frustrated at myself for not staying in calories by the end of each day. I need to change something, just don't know what! I appreciate everyone here. It is helpful to hear from you all...

Leona, something I have done is declare I don't eat after a certain time (intermittent fasting). And if I was feeling super maddeningly crave-y, offer myself something healthy and filling but boring -- 3 ounces of plain chicken breast (yours might be something different). If I didn't want to eat 3 ounces of plain old chicken breast, I could then laugh and note that I wasn't actually hungry, and then do something else fun/distracting since it was a habit or an emotional thing.

Thank you for the suggestion! I have implemented that pretty well as far as late snacking. I guess my bigger issue is dinner. I do well most of the day, but when dinner rolls around, I blow my allotted, leftover calories. I just blow it. I just don't adhere to what I know I need to do. And I don't know what to do about my attitude. :(

What things are different in the evening?

I wonder if this article might suggest anything?
    Motivation is Overvalued. Environment Often Matters More: "People who seem to stick to good habits with ease are often benefitting from an environment that makes those behaviors easier. Meanwhile, people who struggle to succeed could be fighting an uphill battle against their environment. What often looks like a lack of willpower is actually the result of a poor environment."

For example, maybe pre-planning your food, and even packing it like you would a lunch, for a while, might help?

If you eat with other people, would it help to let them know what you will be eating, and asking therm to support you in not, for example, going back for seconds or eating dishes that aren't on your plan?

What is different, is yes, I am with my family eating with them as a family. I plan my meals during the day for work hours and do really well. When I get home, it's more of a social time and I overeat. Thank you for the information to read, I will check it out. My family has the knowledge and the mindset that I am trying to be "better", and they are supportive, but my willpower goes out the window. I do need to focus on only eating what I need to, not what I want to (how much).

Maybe the preplanning portioned dinners would work well for me. I will try it! Thank you for your input, it really means a lot!
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon
    Family time is such a great, fulfilling time. I tend to want to eat and eat when I’m with family but something that I have to realize is that really I’m just happy. And for some reason that happiness translates to wanting to fill my mouth 😁
    Try eating your dinner and then just stepping back and really taking in this time with your family. Notice their smile or frown, the way they hold their forks, what silly or strange thing happened to them today. Start a conversation, let them know they’re loved. It seems odd but for me it helps to get that joy/happiness out.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 203.8
    Todays Weight: 206.4

Well, it's not pretty!! I expected to be up this week because I knew that all the time being on my feet, eating off plan, and not getting in enough water would take its toll. I'm back to tracking today and will get it off! I'm still going to try to get into Onderland before the month ends. :)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.8
    Current - 232.6

My body is hanging onto this mess for dear life.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 255.2
    Today's Weight: 256.6

Just returning from vacation and I did not track.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 9/11 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 205.2
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under?under
    Exercise: strength training and cardio at gym

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Increase water

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin

At the risk of offering advice while solidly not meeting goals - I preload my logging as much as possible. I log ahead for my breakfast, lunch, coffee and alcohol so that I know what I have left for dinner....which is also when I want to eat the most in my day. It's hard wired in me to eat the most at the end of the day and when I don't do this palnning and pre-steps, I struggle (a post coming to this thread, soon) and have a hard time. Planning is the best tool in my tool belt, and when I pre-log - it makes it more simple. I hope this is some helpful!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm struggling to keep up with the posts, but I am trying. Actually I'm struggling to keep up with everything, but just focusing on one day at a time. So far this week I've stuck to the plan, both with eating and exercise. It's hot and humid today, but I did my run and going to kickboxing class soon.
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Previous Weight: 174.4
    Todays Weight: 174.4

Well at least it's not a gain! I'm starting to workout again after being super lazy, I'm frustrated with myself and feel like I've had enough. Too many excuses and I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I have the power to change my body, to be healthier and lose the weight. My first goal is to be back down to 160 by the end of the year, I've been there before and know I can do it again! I just have to put in the work and believe in myself!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @ka97 - congrats on getting in that run and kickboxing class! Hang in there! 👐🤗

@mrmcgrath - Another under calories day! You are doing great! 👍🏽👍🏽

@Fleetwood1 - Welcome back! Sometimes you just need a vacation! ⛱️ Back to food tracking sounds like just the ticket. You'll get rid of that small increase soon. 😎

@bethanie0825 - Keep on doing all the good stuff -- measuring, tracking, etc. You'll get there! 😊

@TeresaW1020 - Your focus on water and food sounds like a super smart plan. You'll get to Onederland soon! 👌
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday Check in:
    Calories: over
    Exercise: under

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

Crap fire and tarnation. I am up by 5 pounds, as of today. I know it is in part heat and sodium - but it's also increased calories which usually involve increased sodium. And less exercise while I baby the toe again. There is a part of me saying 'eff it - just keep going and ignore numbers.' I also predicted the situation so....it's within my control.

On the plus side, I am getting some challenge veggies in! Combining some I don't usually, sauteing some baby kale, also some of my usual steaming. Some strawberries from the fruit side but not a lot. I have a spaghetti squash for tomorrow which I'm going to add roasted red peppers to with some sauce - I don't usually add the peppers and I don't often eat it with sauce but it's the star of dinner tomorrow and having it without meat is new for me! So that's my story. Allowed a calorie, sodium and decreased exercise derailment but getting veggies. Friday weigh in will be interesting.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

Well at least it's not a gain! I'm starting to workout again after being super lazy, I'm frustrated with myself and feel like I've had enough. Too many excuses and I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I have the power to change my body, to be healthier and lose the weight. My first goal is to be back down to 160 by the end of the year, I've been there before and know I can do it again! I just have to put in the work and believe in myself!

@notsolazylisa I'm so right there with you in the frustration. I agree that it sometimes takes some tough self-love to snap out of it - and believing you can take the control back is the first step. You *can* do it.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm struggling to keep up with the posts, but I am trying. Actually I'm struggling to keep up with everything, but just focusing on one day at a time. So far this week I've stuck to the plan, both with eating and exercise. It's hot and humid today, but I did my run and going to kickboxing class soon.

One day at a time and sometimes one meal at a time is reality for me. Lol! Great job on your exercise!
  • Kres567
    Options

Thanks for the positive energy!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Wednesday Check in

Calories: over
    Exercise: went for a really nice walk after supper with my husband
    Water: not enough

Goals for tomorrow:

1. Log my meals
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Stay away from the baked goods at work!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in
    Monday
    - under calories
    - 13196 steps, which includes a 3.55 mile hike

Tuesday
    - close on calories
    - 6016 steps, but lots of low impact housework and a quick weight lifting session

Wednesday
    - under but not by much
    - 14146 steps, which includes a 2.1 mile hike

I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. I know that my body will eventually let go of some weight if I keep up the deficit long enough. And I still don't drink enough water. Oddly, that's probably the thing I have the hardest time with lol
This discussion has been closed.