Water: over/under?Right at
    Exercise:

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Actually do some sort of exercise

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    @Digger61 - Congratulations! Great weigh-in! 😁
    I loved hearing about all your work to prep meals for the week -- so smart!

@raleighgirl09 - You are so observant and thoughtful, watching to see what you are doing and reflecting on the impacts of sleep, exercise, food intake. Super inspiring to me! 🤓😀

@Ka97 - It DOES sometimes take a while for the scale to catch up. Keep on chugging! 🚂🚂🚂

@TeresaW1020 -- Hurray to being back on your eating plan! 👍🏽👍🏽 SO sorry your back is still complaining. Keep doing what you have to do to take care of it! 🤕

@hinemoa2088 - Great weigh-in! Congratulations on being down from last week! 😁

@Jamidi - What a great Saturday you had! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

@Apple852hk - Love the sound of that courgette soup! Sounds like a great way to fill up! 🥣

@mrmcgrath - Looks like you had an excellent Saturday! Great work! 😀😀😀
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check In
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: some heavy duty house cleaning (I tried making vacuuming as aerobic as I could, went up the stairs faster, etc.); platform stepping
    Steps: over
    Martial Arts: Yes! Yay!

Sunday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: platform stepping
    Steps: at least 7500
    Martial Arts: at least 2 minutes
    Other: progress on home office organization!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Week 3's Group Challenge is posted in a new thread, so I'm posting it here as well. Hope to see you all participate starting tomorrow!

Not sure everyone knows, but I'm currently undergoing serious house renovations due to a storm which took place on Aug. 4th while I was out of town attending my Sister-in-law's funeral. This storm was followed last weekend by Hurricane Dorian. Thanks to the wonderful company that is doing my repairs and their quick patchwork to protect me until my scheduled repairs began on the 10th, Dorian wasn't too nasty to me! HOWEVER, all this being said, I'm basically living in a third of my home and cannot get to my kitchen without serious work. SO, this leads to the Week 3 Group Challenge...Kitchen Creations and Restaurant Sensations.

I'd like each of you to Name your favorite quick dinner meal, list the recipe if possible, including sides and drinks. Then, if you can't cook for whatever reason, what's your restaurant go-to meal, which is both delicious, nutritious and keeps you on track for your weight loss goals!! If you want extra credit, please include dessert. Pictures are nice, but make sure you include the recipes.

This will help all of us to make a new list of recipes, keep us inspired and MAKE ME FREAKIN JEALOUS, since I can't get to my kitchen! :smile:

Enjoy!!
    Jessica
    Capt, TrimStones

My courgette soup is super quick and cooks in 15- 20 mins.
    1. Cube 2 baked potatoe size - boil water - just cover the potatoes and bring to boil. ADD stock cube. Then Cover and cook 5 mins
    2. Chop 1kg courgette whist potatoes cooking.
    3. Stir and add courgette - no need to add water - steam with lid 5 mins - chop spring onions
    4. Stir - add chopped spring onions - steam with lid 5 mins
    5. Turn off add 100g mature pre grated cheese and sprinkle of nutmeg
    6. Reserve 3 ladles - blitz - add reserved unblitz potatoe and courgette. FINISHED in 15 mins. Have with buttered toast.

Ingredients
    2 baked potatoes size
    1kg courgettes
    Bunch of spring onions
    100g grated cheese
    Nutmeg.if desired
    2 stock cubes

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk I had to look up what courgettes were! Lol! The soup sounds fantastic!

My quick go-to meal is a one sheet pan meal.

Cover a sheet pan with foil. Season chicken quarters with olive oil and whatever seasoning you like. Then cut up whatever vegetables you have fresh and season them. Put all in sheet pan and roast till chicken is done.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When we're eating out, I have two go-tos when it's me choosing: 1, a Zaxby's Buffaloe Bleu salad or at our fave Mexican restaurant, a Northern Traditional Taco salad with chicken - no flour shell, very little cheese. At home, my go-to is steamed green beans and grilled meat or boiled shrimp. On the less boring side, I made stuffed peppers tonight from the Diabetic 4 Ingredient cookbook (mods, of course). 3 colored peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeded, 1/2 Vidalia onion, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Pizza Blend cheese (it's what I had, any would be fine), 1/4 cup salsa, 1 pound 85/15 ground beef. Mix all of the items, starting with onion, well - season to liking (I avoid salt). Evenly stuff the peppers and cover with a half cup of salsa with a little water in it to loosen it up. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour, uncover and divide 1/4 cup cheese on each pepper and pop back in for a few minutes to melt. This was about 250 cals per each pepper half when I created it in my MFP recipes. Dang tasty! Hoping the pic comes out well! =>

• Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories - under. I’m over on carbs but I cannot decide if I care about that. It isn’t much but I tend to really fret over carbs.
    Exercise - 2 walks today totaling about 12,000 steps. One walk was on the beach which is so de-stressing and wonderful.
    Goal for tomorrow is to really watch what I eat at work and get up and move.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been upping my walking this week. I try to walk with purpose, so this weekend I went to a nearby village to see their scarecrow festival!

I think that's why today I did my weigh-in and I'm down again.

Previous 155lbs
    Today 154lbs

That's 11 stone on the nose!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday;

1. No workout today. I worked out both days on the weekend and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. I have a physio appointment this week and am hoping they can help me get some relief. Anyone else have plantar fasciitis? It’s kind of frustrating - the workouts I want to do I can’t because it hurts my foot so I’m left with less strenuous workouts. I’d like to walk at lunch - that’s my goal.
    2. Drink a tonne of water

I stayed the same weight over the weekend so if I follow my plan I’m hoping for a loss this week!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/16 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 204.2
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under?Right at
    Exercise: grocery shopping and outside chores (not really intentional exercise but it was movement)

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Arms & Thighs. Fit-on app
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water
    Start journaling for self-care

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Goals for Monday;

1. No workout today. I worked out both days on the weekend and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. I have a physio appointment this week and am hoping they can help me get some relief. Anyone else have plantar fasciitis? It’s kind of frustrating - the workouts I want to do I can’t because it hurts my foot so I’m left with less strenuous workouts. I’d like to walk at lunch - that’s my goal.

I stayed the same weight over the weekend so if I follow my plan I’m hoping for a loss this week!

I actually had a very large heel bone spur. It was causing a lot of ongoing pain and the doctor finally did a plantar fasciotomy in December of 2018. I traded one form of pain for another. Now I have a lot of pain of the top of my foot. Be careful with the treatments! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Last week: 130.4
    This week: 136.8
    Exercise walking on beach. My calves are so sore from about 5 hours of walking that I'm limping!
    Calories way over

Had a great weekend at a wedding out-of-town. The scale's way up, I ate bad but not 7lbs worth of bad! Hoping it's water weight for the most part.
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Username: angielove88
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 171.2
    Current Weight: 170.4
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    @apple852hk I had to look up what courgettes were! Lol! The soup sounds fantastic!

My quick go-to meal is a one sheet pan meal.

Cover a sheet pan with foil. Season chicken quarters with olive oil and whatever seasoning you like. Then cut up whatever vegetables you have fresh and season them. Put all in sheet pan and roast till chicken is done.

Sheet pan dinners are my favorite go-to. This week I'm making sliced chicken sausages with peppers, onions, carrots, and zucchini. I go on Pinterest and type in sheet pan dinners and find a ton of great ideas! :)

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Week: Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 214
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories - under.
    Exercise -walking
    water 104 oz
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Goals for Monday;

Yeah man, it's a drag. Between PF and a second digit toe that gets roughed up when walking with vigor, it's cramping my style. Big help for the PF for me was never going barefoot, even in the house. Some support and not too much flex in any shoe. Also, calf stretching several times a day - I stretch both directions. Also took some nsaids for a few weeks, per podiatrist. It took about a month and now is mostly not a problem. The toe, on the other hand (haha), is not good - pretty sure the toe nail will fall out at some point. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I've stepped on the scale a couple times this week and I'm still stuck. It's starting to get discouraging bc I've been stuck. I feel better. My clothing fits better. People have noticed. But the dang scale Will. Not. Move.

Plateaus suck. Official weigh-in tomorrow afternoon when I wake up.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Jamidi wrote: »
    @Wishusdonna
    I’m sorry you had to go through all of that but am so happy you’re doing better.

I second that! I’ve been away myself so I was sorry to hear about what you are going through with Eric! I am so pleased you are recovering well.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Monday check in....
    Calories: Good until just before bed I caved👎🏼
    Water: I’ve got a long way to go here
    Exercise: Uuuum, what’s that? 😉
    This week I am going to focus on getting back to some good old habits, tracking, checking in and increasing my water.
This discussion has been closed.