Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    Last week: 130.4
    This week: 136.8
    Exercise walking on beach. My calves are so sore from about 5 hours of walking that I'm limping!
    Calories way over

Had a great weekend at a wedding out-of-town. The scale's way up, I ate bad but not 7lbs worth of bad! Hoping it's water weight for the most part.

It is definitely mostly water. You will see that come off quite quickly once you are back on your plan and drink a lot of water.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Goals for Monday;

1. No workout today. I worked out both days on the weekend and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. I have a physio appointment this week and am hoping they can help me get some relief. Anyone else have plantar fasciitis? It’s kind of frustrating - the workouts I want to do I can’t because it hurts my foot so I’m left with less strenuous workouts. I’d like to walk at lunch - that’s my goal. ❌ did some walking after work because my train broke down. Going to try again today!
    2. Drink a tonne of water❌

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Drink 100oz of water
    2. Go for a 40 minute walk sometime today
  • Kres567
    Options
    I've stepped on the scale a couple times this week and I'm still stuck. It's starting to get discouraging bc I've been stuck. I feel better. My clothing fits better. People have noticed. But the dang scale Will. Not. Move.

Plateaus suck. Official weigh-in tomorrow afternoon when I wake up.

Good luck with the scale today!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Goals for Monday;

1. No workout today. I worked out both days on the weekend and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. I have a physio appointment this week and am hoping they can help me get some relief. Anyone else have plantar fasciitis? It’s kind of frustrating - the workouts I want to do I can’t because it hurts my foot so I’m left with less strenuous workouts. I’d like to walk at lunch - that’s my goal.
    2. Drink a tonne of water

I stayed the same weight over the weekend so if I follow my plan I’m hoping for a loss this week!

Yeah man, it's a drag. Between PF and a second digit toe that gets roughed up when walking with vigor, it's cramping my style. Big help for the PF for me was never going barefoot, even in the house. Some support and not too much flex in any shoe. Also, calf stretching several times a day - I stretch both directions. Also took some nsaids for a few weeks, per podiatrist. It took about a month and now is mostly not a problem. The toe, on the other hand (haha), is not good - pretty sure the toe nail will fall out at some point. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks so much for the info! I’ll start with the calf stretches today. What are nsaids? Is the pain low enough now that you could do physical activity like running for example? If that was your workout of choice?
  • Kres567
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Week: Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 214

We are going to beat this damn scale together @jactop!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/17 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 204.2
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: arm strength workout

Didn’t complete all goals from yesterday but today is new day!

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Thighs. Fit-on app
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water
    Start journaling for self-care

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 30 minutes strength, 60 minutes walking
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Goals for Monday;

1. No workout today. I worked out both days on the weekend and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. I have a physio appointment this week and am hoping they can help me get some relief. Anyone else have plantar fasciitis? It’s kind of frustrating - the workouts I want to do I can’t because it hurts my foot so I’m left with less strenuous workouts. I’d like to walk at lunch - that’s my goal.
    2. Drink a tonne of water

I stayed the same weight over the weekend so if I follow my plan I’m hoping for a loss this week!

I deal with that too. One thing I did was to do stretches often every day and get a massage ball for the arch of my foot. I’ll be honest, I hate the way the massage ball feels but it helps so much. Good luck!!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 196.8
    Weigh in Week 1 (9/2): 198.2
    Weigh in Week 2 (9/9): 198.4
    Weigh in Week 3 (9/16):199.0

:neutral:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.6
    Current - 235

:| Okay, my peeps who have been on this journey longer....please tell me that if I keep up eating at a deficit, not eating back my exercise calories, and moving, that this scale will budge??? This week was discouraging.
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories - over
    Exercise - none

Sounds like a bad day but it hasn’t really been all that bad. I’ve eaten good food but just a little too much

• Kres567
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.6
    Current - 235

:| Okay, my peeps who have been on this journey longer....please tell me that if I keep up eating at a deficit, not eating back my exercise calories, and moving, that this scale will budge??? This week was discouraging.

I’m so sorry you have had such a tough week. I’m honestly not a great person to offer advice on calories in and out because I haven’t found the formula or success on my journey..yet.

Everything I read says you have to be careful how much of a deficit you keep. I’ve read somewhere to eat back half your exercise calories but others on the team might have some other suggestions.

I hope you have a better week! Your energy is always so positive - you deserve to feel
    successful whatever that means for you!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Water over
    Exercise recumbent bike, elliptical, weights

Tomorrow plan weights
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues sept 17
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes walking and weights
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Check in
    Calories were definitely over. Gotta track and plan
    Water...how did I ever drink 100 oz in a day?!
    Exercise....I’ll get there.
    My goals for the rest of this month are to get back into the habit of tracking, checking in and drinking more water.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.6
    Today's Weight: 255.8
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @sunshineplace - Those sound like great goals! "I'll get there" works for all of them! If it gets hard to juggle, consider breaking it down to concentrate on one at a time? Welcome back! 👐🤗

@digger61 - What a great Tuesday! 👍🏾👍🏾

@Katmary71 - What a great day you had! And I love the varied workout!

@Jamidi - Hurray! Good for you for noticing you were just a little off your goal! And today's a new day! 🌅 🌄😀

@leonadixon - Hang in there! 👐👐👐

@mrmcgrath - What a great day you had! How are you doing today? I loved hearing you were doing journaling. That sounds like a great tool! ✍🏽

@fleetwood1 - Great weigh-in! Congratulations! 😀😀😀

@TeresaW1020 - Hurray! What a great weigh-in! I'll bet you end up finishing strong this month! Keep up all the great work!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.6
    Current - 235

I know how frustrating it can be to be doing everything you think is right and still not see the scale budge. I've struggled with that most of my life. Have you tried changing up the foods you eat? I know for me, I finally figured out that when I eat too many carbs my weight stalls or goes up. Like it did these last couple of weeks because I have been eating way more carbs than normal. I highly recommend Dr. Jason Fung's book the Obesity Code. It was truly eye-opening on how calories in vs. calories out are not always the best solution. My best advice is to keep on tweaking until you find what works for you. Just NEVER give up!! :)
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 9/18 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 204.2
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Right at
    Water: over/under? Under